« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Big Ben's Accuser -- The Bodyguard Set Me Up

4/15/2010 4:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger's accuser told police the QB's bodyguard grabbed her by the arm and sat her in a secluded hallway in the Capital City nightclub -- setting the stage for the alleged rape

0415_bigben_doc_launch_BN

The Milledgeville Police Department released a copy of the accuser's written statement to cops on March 5 -- in which she told police that Ben had been making "crude sexual remarks" to her in the hours before the alleged incident.

In her written statement, the accuser said she and some of her friends had been bar-hopping with Ben and his crew before they ended up at Ben's VIP area at Capital City nightclub.

The accuser says when she arrived to the VIP area, Ben's bodyguard grabbed her by the arm and brought her to a "side door/hallway and sat me on a stool."

The accuser continues,  "[the bodyguard] left and Ben came back with his penis out of his pants. I told him it wasn't OK."

The accuser claims she tried to leave through a nearby door, which turned out to be a restroom. The woman claims she continued to tell Ben that "It was not OK," but he had sex with her anyway.

The woman told cops Ben "then left without saying anything."

Ben Roethlisberger Pictures

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

Of course, one thing that bothers me about this girl . . . . she followed him around. I mean if he was being rude and crude why would you continue to hang out with him? I'm just sayin . . . .

Mike

You know I have a hard time believing that the bodyguards would have set this up . . . I would like to know what the bodyguards had to say in response to these accusations. We are hearing only one side of the story. Where are the charges is the bodyguards were in on it? Seems that DA could have pushed this angle to pressure them to finger Ben. Bottom line the DA didn't prosecute so what's the deal here?

Laura

This is so disgusting. Please Steelers do not reward this behavior. It's such a bad example. He is unable to stop, he will rape again.

bewildered

Are you freaking kidding me? That's her statement?! My 3rd graders could write a more convincing story than that...

"He told us there were shots for us, numerous shots on the bar, and he told us to take them." Oh boy, twist my arm!

The body guard pulled her by the arm and told her to sit on a stool and then went to go get Ben. So she sat there waiting???! Come on. Where were her friends all this time?

Ben approached her with his penis out, she walked into the bathroom, he had sex with her, then just left. All the time she claims she said, "this is not ok". No details of struggle? No signs of struggle?

She walked out of the bathroom and found her friends. Witnesses said she did not seem distraut in anyway. Her friends didnt claim she came out crying, screaming, etc.

The whole story of rape is fishy. She just "so happen" to go to the same club that Ben was at. He made sexual comments at previous facilities, yet she accepted his offer to go into a VIP room?

This girl has no brain from the beginning of her story. Sounds like she felt "used" and cried rape with no proof and only her "story" and the world accepts it. How pathetic.

You Know It's True

Where there is smoke...There is fire

FatTony

Funny how she and her friends just kept happening to run into Ben. I Say the b1tch was stalking him all night. yeah right like theyd go take pictures with him then just act like he wasnt there anymore and she just keep accidentally going where he was. PLZ she just takes pictures with celebrities then goes back to her boring life?? i dont think so.

pittguy578

My initial thought is this situation makes him look really bad.
However, the more I think about it, the less blame I put on him.
I think it was just an unfortunate situation/

Let's be honest. Both of them we were wasted that night. It was his birthday. He was piss ass drunk. She was obviously intoxicated as well. Nothing good happens when two people are this drunk.

So he was hitting on her for a couple of hours and she CONTINUED to follow him around? Her friends said this was not mild flirting, but explicit innuendos? If I was able to hit on a girl for a couple of hours and I was drunk, I would assume she may like me.

Maybe the bodyguard set him up..maybe he told Ben the girl wanted him and was waiting for him? Do I think he went back there to rape someone? No, I don't. I think in his drunken state he didn't know what the hell was going on and neither did she ..and she didn't know what the heck went on for a few hours afterward.

steelernation

One of the worlds biggest steeler fans here, but i am getting tired of ben. Everyone in the burgh has heard what an ass ben is. Not paying bar tabs because he brings in all the business, pushy with women etc. Not at all a class act and not worthy of wearing the black and gold

Patrick

She "just happened" to be in the VIP section, "just happened" to be in the bathroom with Ben and "just happened" to have sex and "just happened" to not be called the next day. Of course she's pissed, she was naive to think she was anything more than a groupie.

KW

Why doesn't TMZ post the first statement she wrote when she was WASTED. That one doesn't sound like rape to me. After she sobered up she wrote what she believed happened. She doesn't remember, she is writing what she thinks happens. When your that drunk you tend to sensationalize things.

I learned my lesson about getting that drunk, hopefully she learned hers. It's scary not knowing exactly what happened, but that doesn't mean Ben raped her. It's also not fair for her to say he raped her if she really doesn't know.

They were both drunk and both made a stupid choice. Ben behaved disgustingly, but that doesn't mean a crime was committed. If there was proof of a crime he would be getting prosecuted. The DA was a jerk in this case and spoke as if he 'knew' Ben raped her, but didn't have enough evidence. Well if you don't have enough evidence then you really don't know!!!

He hurt the Steeler's brand and the NFL and he needs to be suspended. As a fan I would be disappointed if he wasn't. He has to grow up he can't keep partying in bars because he keeps putting himself in the same position.

And for the record he has NEVER been charged with rape. The first woman claiming her raped her NEVER went to police, She went to her lawyer. The are currently suing each other.

TMZ has been VERY biased in this case. They are behaving like there is hard evidence he raped her when there isn't!

annie

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...and when you're talking about an underaged little girl whose life is steeped in Romance novels and soap operas, supersize that. She was pretending to be a vixen that night. So she's talking the big talk and making herself as available as humanly possible, but she doesn't have the emotional maturity to back it up. She wants romance; Ben wants sex. So when he gets what he wants, but she doesn't get what SHE wants, then there's going to be a price to pay.
Ben, in his drunken birthday stupor, can't think beyond his caveman instinct enough to imagine a second accusation of Rape and so just repeats what he did in Nevada...the personification of that Einstein quote about doing the same thing but expecting different results.
The bodyguards might have been trying to watch his back and dissuade him from the inevitable; but he's their employer, drunk or not. So if it means losing their weekly paycheck if they don't comply with their orders, then they just shrug and turn their heads.
To me, it sounds as if everyone's at fault and no one person is exclusively to blame. Chalk it up to Mass Stupidity and be smarter next time.

Jen

that written report looks like a load of CRAP. shouldnt it be alittle more detailed? and when the bodyguard left her alone on the stool, why didnt she get up and walk away? why arent there more details as to what happened when "he had sex with her"? ive never had something like this happen to me, knock on wood, however, i think if i did, i would be a little more descriptive. that is just my speculation... and now she's dropping it? maybe it did happen and he offered her alot of money...idk

lili

Stop being cheap and pay up Ben and remember prostitutes cost less than raping girls. Stop raping girls you ugly fat piece of crap. He has enough money to pay for legal prostitute sex...but he enjoys raping for free. Cheap loser.

zoy

Yes she may have some bad choices. That's what a drunken twenty year old will do. Taking advantage of an inebriated woman, that is what a sexual predator will do. Drunk and sloppy does not constitute consent. The morality here is pretty obvious, except to those few who choose to defend the indefensible.

Melissa

This written account really makes me believe this woman's story even more. I worked at an event that Ben attended, and he made several crude and unwanted sexual comments to me and another waitress. His comments and actions that night really made me dislike him, and tainted my love for the Steelers. Thank God I was never in a vulnerable situation with him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments