« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

4/15/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but TMZ has learned the cop didn't really have a choice.

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

We're told the Milledgeville Police officer -- Sergeant Jerry Blash -- turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years.

In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her."

Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time."

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired.

FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

omgsammi

Good! Too many douchebags become cops because they have control issues and they try to act like they are better than everyone. F the police!

Upset Mom

NO means NO....it does not matter if you are stone cold sober or so drunk you can't even stand up. It is spelled the same, sounds the same...it is NO. Rape can mean different things from a full on attack with bodily harm, it also mean sexual assault by Coercion.

**** Whippler..you are a a##, What if this was your daughter? Would you still have your asinine comments. Take it from someone who knows, you world stops on a dime and is all turned upside down. You want to comfort your daughter, but you also want to do bodily harm at the same time. It's harder to prove when alcohol is involved, it is a long drawn out time and the only reason we did not persue any more action was that my daughter wanted her life back.

So....all of you people with asinine comments...you are the ones who truly need help.

Bart Bertholic

another problem

posted by Francis Bart Bertholic with Pacific NW Housing Solutions

Bart Bertholic

Good --

posted by Francis Bart Bertholic with Pacific NW Housing Solutions, www.dfi.wa.gov/, http://www.finra.org/

Proud2bBlack

It's simple. Teach your daughter(s) not to drink to get drunk. Period these young women today act so wild and out of control they don't respect their reputations or their bodies. They act loose and the way they foreplay on these dance floors in these clubs now are absolutely ridiculous.

Women teach your daughter(s) to behave like women at all times and they will be respected as such. It still smells very fishy about this young lady. Again ALL of her friends were there and none of them are agreeing she was sexually assaulted but they ALL did agree she was a drunken mess.

Just because a woman cries rape doesn't always prove to be true. Look at the Texas "Wrongfully Convicted" series. This stuff is real and too many of these type of women have lied, and manipulated the court systems. Those two are the only ones that really know what happened. He said she said. She should have clawed him, bruised him, snatched his manhood out of the socket if it was true.

I don't believe her and I am a victim of attempted rape. I was 8 month pregnant and you better believe when I got through bashing the **** out of him upside his head with my 2 ice cold cans of pepsi( i was craving), and left my marks on him he couldn't deny it. I've never drank alchohol, smoked or used drugs. Women have to act like women. No matter what's going on around them. Period

MaryMac

Proud-you missed the point of upset mom altogether. Her point was that even if her daughter was drunk out of her mind, it does NOT give anyone the right to rape her. The girl says she said NO. NO means NO. Period. End of story.

It is this problem that is wrong with society. A uniformed on duty police officer is approached by several women stating that their friend was raped. He calls her a drunk bitch, tries to talk them out of filing a report and ultimately has been proven to have taken photographs with the celebrity.

Now the public is crucifying this woman, calling her names, saying it was her own fault and "what did she expect?"

She was out with her friends. She had too much to drink. They thought they were safe in public. Until things turned very ugly. They tried to save their friend, but his thugs prevented them from doing so.

As someone who was a victim of a brutal rape while completely drunk out of my mind, I know what the pain she is going through. To have police officers tell you that you are crazy, making it up, imagining it, even that you asked for it. My case was turned away, even though I tried to press charges.

The truth is that I made a terrible mistake in judgement, was very young, drank too much and trusted the man I was with, who was friends with a lot of people I knew. But that does not take away what that animal did to me, and more than likely has probably done again and again.

I do not blame this young woman for trying to get on with her life. I remember what I went through just in my own town-I was called a whore and liar by people I thought were my friends. I can't imagine if the whole world knew about it how I could have ever gone through it.

sowhat

I really don't see why this cop has to lose his job. He wasn't on duty at the time. This girl changes her story every ten minutes. She needs to just accept that her desperate attempt to get some chash didn't work, and move on with her life.

joethaplumber

Everybody on this site knows BIG BEN “TAKE THE *****” ROETHLISBURGERwill not go to jail EVEN if he did it, because it’s her word against his and Ben is in the “GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB”. You don’t get that media courtesy unless you’re in that club and it is obvious two times in a row he is. Just boys being boys. (B*LL****!!) Just boys being Pepe Le Pew!!!!! Taking Pu$$%. The Media and police are giving him time to get her payed off no doubt. The Rooney's will put something in the pot too. The Rooney’s are “RAPIST” enablers for keeping Ben and helping him beat rape cases.

WHERE IS HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace and Joy Behar have a "War On Women” campaign and rapist Ben Roethlisberger would be the perfect story but I don't hear anything from the media on that. I HOPE SOMEBODY GOES AND PROTEST Ben Roethlisberger FOR RAPING WOMEN LIKE HE'S Pepe Le Pew!!!!! Lord knows their doing it to Vick. OVER SOME DAMN PIT BULLS. THOSE DOGS ARE BORN FIGHTERS!!! Look at the leader of 2 Superbowls for the Steelers taking Pu$$$% but Nancy Grace comes out for Tiger Woods, Kobe, Kanye West, and even Charles Barkley, but no Roethlisberger media monster to feed!!

FatFace

How has nobody mentioned how fat Ben is... I mean, look at that fat face. Gross.

Proud2bBlack

No MaryMac I wasn't paying attention to Upset Mom's point. I was making my on point of view.

Proud2bBlack

There's such a law it's called Public Intoxication. There's a reason for this people that has to get wasted should stay in the privacy of their own homes and do so.

Responsible people know how to go out to a party club etc, and not get drunk and always have a designated driver, observer etc. I was always the designated one. I'm not going to accept the excuse of women getting drunk in public. It's the easiest opportunity to be taken advantage of.

I never said it was right, it's wrong if it's true. I still say this young lady stories are not adding up no matter how she repeats it. Her own friends don't agree with her. Save your sympathy for someone who was just on their way to a grocery store, church or mall and was sexually assaulted. If you're always known as a drunk in public your creditability goes down the toilet.

In your case MaryMac i'm sure you don't do the same foolish drinking drunken behaviors anymore. However some women just don't get it.

sowhat

MaryMac- I think you are making this about you. Just because that is what happened to you, doesn't mean it happened the same way in this situation. Were you there??? No, you weren't. I can't say it definately did not happen, but this chick changes her story every 10 minutes. They had no real evidence, so they could not charge him. Does he make poor choices when it comes to how he spends his free time....yes! Does that make him a rapist.....NO!

who dat

Of course the douche raped her. Bodyguard separated her from the group, to a secluded area. The predator moved in for the kill. The club owner erased the security tapes. Then cop who investigated it, bullied the victim, looked the other way and wrote up a biased report.

Hope everyone involved takes it up the ass. Except the poor victim of course.

btw- Harvey, don't let up on the douche. You know he is a serial rapist.

MaryMac

My point is that many are changing the story from being about Ben being accused of raping someone into a story about a girl being drunk in a bar. Argue your point based on the merits of the case, not your opinion of drunken behavior. Sorry...while irresponsible...drunkeness does NOT make rape OK...it should NOT make it OK for a uniformed ON DUTY police officer to call you names. Fine...she screwed up being drunk and it truly did hurt her case...she realized that and bowed out.

And no...I am making this about me because rape is a crime against our society. And if anything...her drunkeness just makes Ben all the more guilty. With a BAC of .2, there is no possible way she could consent. Her friends knew this, tried to stop it and couldn't.

Tara

sounds like the cop was a little biased. Good Riddance.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments