« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

4/15/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but TMZ has learned the cop didn't really have a choice.

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

We're told the Milledgeville Police officer -- Sergeant Jerry Blash -- turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years.

In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her."

Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time."

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired.

FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Upset Mom

Thank you MaryMac and I hope that you have regained your trust in people and that you have achieved peace.

Proud I was taken aback at first until I realized our comments were posted a minute apart. There was no way you could have responded that fast. Good for you for fending off your attacker and I am glad that it turned out well for you. But, in no way should my daughter or MaryMac be held accountable for what happened to them because they were perhaps a bit naive. My daughter was in her dorm and singled out, she was not as you put it "acting loose" and I am pretty sure there was no dancing involved. She was followed back to her room and assaulted.

Proud2bBlack

Bottom line, there are always consequences while being drunk in public doesn't make it right but that's the chance these drunken idiots put themselves in.

I concur with you @ sowhat

Proud2bBlack

Upset Mom I don't know your child's situation nor was I speaking regarding it. I'm terribly sorry to hear of her assault honestly. I have a daughter and I would be in jail. I'm speaking about women being drunk in public and acting wild and loose. This is what was being reported about this young lady.

None of her other friends were assaulted it was the drunkest one, it impairs your intelligent thinking we all know that. And I still believe this girl was looking for trouble to a fault of her own also. I don't know if Ben raped/assaulted her etc. However no matter if she did refuse to press charges the STATE would have to press charges.

It only means they didn't have evidence to justify filing charges. So I can't accept there was an assault.

JessicaX

Good. It's good to know there is still honor and justice in the world, and that bad cops pay for using their power wrongly.
In regards to Ben, OF COURSE he sexually assulted this child...who btw, a 20 years old girl is still a child in my eyes. Read what comment #46 said....all excellent points, and add to that the medical report which showed "gential lacerations and tears" and also the fact that during the medical investigation, this girl did not even NAME Ben as her attacker at first, which tells me she was too scared intially....meaning the whole experience was very REAL for her. Ben is a disgusting over-grown baby and a physical predator on the loose, and I will never again root for the Steelers, my life-long team, until the Rooney's boot him OUT for good. Maybe some fans are blind, but I'm not one of them. I expect honor and integrity of my team and the players that make that team, and not a dime of my time or money will go to supporting pigs like this.

Upset Mom

Thank you Proud and I do appreciate it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we are lucky that we can freely express them. No harm..no fowl.

francis

catmasc

so because of this idiot qb. a leo had to quit!!!!! wtf!!

tgrfan42069

54. This country will never change. As a African American we will never be equal no matter what type of job or position that we are in. This football player gets off scott free. That's justice for you.

------------------

OJ getting off of murder scot free says hi

Swamoma

Nike must be so proud of yet another fine NFL sponsorship. The hat looks great in the picture Ben. We worship these s***bags why?

college mom

The cop was on duty. He was unprofessional. Ben was buying shots for these girls to get them drunk. If you weigh 120 pounds it doesn't take much alcohol to get you drunk. Ben used his celebrity, power and size to get what he wanted and left this girl's life in ruins. He hired private eyes to destroy her. The cop should resign and GA law should be changed so that if you are that drunk you can not give consent. If it had been anyone else but Ben then they would have been arrested that night. Ben didn't get interrogated that night and left the state to avoid being questioned. It was his right but those are not the actions of an innocent man.

MaryMac

I do respect everyone's opinion, including your's proud, and do agree wholeheartedly that being drunk is a bad situation to be. Of course, I have learned my lesson. But when this happened to me, I was young and naive. I never would have guessed in a million years it could happen to me. I thought the same as many-it could never happen to me...I thought I was tough, thought my friends would protect me...thought I knew what I was doing. It is sad I needed to learn the hard way what my mistakes were. It is now 25 years later and of course, I am older and wiser and hope my daughter doesn't make those mistakes I made. That said...the animal who raped me is still as guilty today as he was back then.

If you are walking down a street in a bad neighborhood and get mugged, is it any less of a crime simply because you used bad judgement? If you leave your front door unlocked and someone comes in and takes everything you own, is it anything less than a crime? We often use poor judgement in our lives that certainly leaves us open to those who lie in wait for us to make those mistakes. It may make us careless, but does not make the criminal any less of a criminal.

I do not know if Ben did this or not, of course. It will never see its day in court. I do, however, find what these girls stated to police to be credible and find it reprehensible for people to sling accusations at them as money hungry whores looking for a payout. That line of thinking is what makes it very easy for people with wealth and power to do whatever they want...see OJ, Robert Blake, and countless others who used their power to get out of their guilt.

I truly hope that Ben is thankful for this 2nd (3rd) chance and changes his ways. I truly hope that this woman is left alone to get on with her life.

Erica

That's one mean looking cop.

M

Whether his actions were criminal or not ... anyone who defends Big Ben or places the blame on the females lacks a soul.

bka62223

It's the same ol', same 'ol. Wealthy man ( jock ) oversteps his bounds because, in his mind, he is one of the elite "chosen few", far above mere mortals. Then, his weak-kneed minions fall in line to cover his ass, cause they're nothing more than a bunch of wanna-bes & enablers. And finally, the crowning glory... the victim accepts a substantial pay-off to play along. And the fact of the matter is; Ben couldn't care less about any of them. Not the gal he forced himself on, the cop who lost his job, the team, the owners, nor even the family name he dishoners. And why??? Because it's all about "King Ben". I'm sure that this behavior has been part of Roethlisberger's m.o. since he was a jock in high school. I'd hate to think how many females he's sexually abused in his life time. I say lock him up, right next to O.J. They're two egotistical, self-important, peas in a pod. Gal oughta use some of that money to hire a couple of thugs to lay down a career-ending a s s-whooping on the boy. I'm just sayin'....

sonya

look this girl was drunk and so were her friends. i am sorry but i do not feel sorry for a girl that gets raped that is drunk. look i know that to never be alone with a guy or take a drink from a guy. wow this 20 yr old also drank illegally. plus she met ben at the velvet come on this bitch didnt have to go with ben. she is not a very smart person and i am glad no charges were filed because of no dna. plus they probably knew these girls were lying because they are soriety girls. plus ben did not rape her. this girl was drunk off her ass. of course her friends will make that up they are soriety girls and will make anything up for fame or to tell stories to people. did u ever watch lmn movies or law and order. i wouldnt be suprised if dna was accuser ****ing a guy bfore haha

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments