« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Jared Allen -- Violent Threat in Bar Fight

4/20/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video of Minnesota Vikings defensive superstar Jared Allen unleashing one of the nastiest threats ever on a bar patron who allegedly called Jared's fiancee a word that rhymes with "punt."

Jared and his fiancee were hangin' at the Grapevine bar in Scottsdale, AZ a few weekends ago when some dude allegedly hurled the 4-letter slur towards the future Mrs. Quarterback Destroyer.

When Jared heard the insult,  the 6'6", 270 pound Pro Bowler -- who's also an avid hunter -- told the guy, "I'll break your f*cking neck homeboy ... and then I'll write a check to your f*cking name too."

In the video, a woman can be seen dragging Jared away from the other man. We're told both Jared and the other dude each left the bar without further incident.

Jared's rep at EAG Sports Management tells TMZ, "No matter what, Jared will always protect and defend his family."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JA&TGForever

Protect & defend, we've seen him do that over & over - why would he be any different off the field. I miss him in Kansas City. He and Tony Gonzalez were the only thing we had going for us. The Vikings and Jareds gf are very lucky.

Terrah

I called her a c***. Some other girls and I were in the bathroom giggling about karaoke and having fun and she walked in with a major chip on her shoulder. Later in the night I said, "You were a little snotty in the bathroom." She said, "I won't say the c word, but that's what you are." I said, "Well, I will. You're a fu***** c***." Five minutes later the boyfriend / boyfriend drama ensued. No one even knew it was Jared Allen until later that night. He was just some dumb guy with stupid hair. No one was trying to get a pay day.

Truth

Anyone who calls a girl the C-word needs the s**t kicked out of them! NEVER is that word appropriate to use, in any cir***stance!

SportsGrl

I like Jared .. Good for him taking up for his lady ...

Joe

roid rage???

andrea

Umm, protect his "family" or his girlfriend? The dude has been engaged like 5 times. Whatever. Sounds like the fiance is a pain in the ass. I just love these women who think they're special cuz they have dated an athelete. Many of us have dated athletes. Not a big accomplishment. Just ask Elin. I'll take a non-athlete any day.

electriczipper

33. Uh, electriczipper, you might want to enroll in law school before you start dispensing legal advice. If you had, you'd know that Freedom of Speech is not absolute, and one does not have the right to say anything to anyone at anytime without retribution. I suggest you look up the legal concept of "fighting words" before you say one must simply turn the other cheek when assaulted verbally. Now who's dumb?

Posted at 8:10 AM on Apr 20, 2010 by Harold

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/19/jared-allen-video-bar-fight-nfl-minnesota-vikings-scottsdale-arizona/3/#ixzz0lekTh7rW
Hey dummy err... I mean Harold...doesnt matter what someone says to you..you cant punch the guy out..after watching Judge Judy for like 20 years I feel I am qualified to despense with legal advice...so now who is the dummy..ha ha

Harold

"after watching Judge Judy for like 20 years I feel I am qualified to despense with legal advice."

That's hilarious! You got your legal education from Judge Judy. From whom did you get your undergraduate degree, Jerry Springer?

BTW, brain surgeon, "despense" is spelled DISPENSE.

wade rivard

hey electriczipper and tony, YOU BOTH SUCK!!!! punkass little men, I'll kick your teeth in for Jared. f-ing *******!!!

Richard Heene

This is a nonstory. TMZ = Idiots.

Jared Allen is the man. Real men defend their women.

Now, can i get some coverage since i haven't been in the news for quite some time? (I was the one who called his wife a **** so i could get some news coverage but you didn't even film me!) Looks like I'll have to send one of my other sons up in a balloon.

brassbalz

"Went berserk"?

B.S. Berserk would have been if he'd ripped the "homeboy's" head off and then had defecated into the resulting open trachea.

Actually, even that would have been justified. He's protecting his girlfriend who some s***bag just called the grandmother of all forbidden words to use with a woman. Isn't he supposed to stand up for her honor?

I can't believe he actually walked away without inserting said homeboy's head into his own rectum so he could see what a huge A-hole he is.

Go Vikes!!

jus-sayin

Good for him. Stand up and be a man for your woman.

Tim Ford

Jared always seems like a pretty good dude. Some *******s need to learn the hard way when disrespecting women. Jared is a purple belt in jiu jitsu and from what I hear, pretty damn good. Goes to show you just never know whom's gf/wife you may be offending!.

Harvey2

I think Jareds restraint was quite admirable.....
If some as**** had called her a c*^t around here, he would have been paste before he knew what hit him.

If a man wont or doesn't stand up and defend his woman, what good is he?

ginny

BS, toss the bums out, why can't these "roll model/players"
act HUMAN in stead of like animals.

screw the profits and toss his ass out, put something in their contracts that gives you some say on how they behave in a public place.

this jerk put many people at risk.

I sue his ass if I had been their that night.