Dr. Drew to Lindsay:

Don't Blame Me!

4/22/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is holding Dr. Drew Pinsky responsible for "provoking" her father's surprise police visit today -- but Drew tells TMZ he's never even met Michael Lohan.

0422_dr_drew_lindsay_lohan_EX_TMZ_2
Moments after Michael -- along with several officers -- rolled through LiLo's apartment to check on 16-year-old Ali Lohan, Lindsay claimed that she "agreed" with a Tweet that read, "This is all that quack, Dr. Drews' fault. He purposely provoked your unstable leech of a father."

The Tweet was referring to a statement Drew made recently, in which he claimed if it were his kid he would plant drugs on her and have her -- as a last resort -- arrested in order to save her.

Drew tells TMZ, "I've personally never met Michael Lohan, nor Lindsay. My comments were in relation to what I would do as a father."

Drew added, "I have no direct knowledge of her case, but I hope she gets the help she needs."

Mrs Butters

Dr Drew is a joke

Whatever

Lindsay was really great in the movie "Bobby" and I feel sorry for her. Drugs are wicked. Get off the pipe, girl.

freeme

When are we going to wake up and realize what a miserable failure 12 Step is? The greatest medical and social con of the 20th century. The 12 Step "Treatment" centers love the relaspe rate! Another at least $20,000 every time! And the sexual abuse of newcomers in aa is criminal. Absolutely NO science to back up their "disease" claim, and NO data to track the actual success rate. aa is just a crazy religious cult that breaks up families and relationships, but the treatment centers sure are laughing all the way to the bank. You go Lindsay! Stay away from 12 Step!!

Rich

I can only say...no 16 year old should be with her WILD sister. I have no idea of the battle between Deana and Michael but logic dictates that this situation can no where but down hill.

Shag

Just because one is a doctor doesn't mean one can't be an idiot. That "planting drugs" statement is one of the stupidest public statements I've ever heard from someone in the business of helping people. It was like when Britney sought help from Dr. Phil, and that egomaniac went public with it.

Elaine

There are better drugs IN prison than on the street. The rate of exchange is well-known. Plant drugs and send my kid there? What a repulsive, ineffectual solution.

CriticAl

Let the junkie die. The world has too many druggie s***bags as it is.

CriticAl

That was supposed to say S C U M bags. The filtering system on this comment section is s c r e w y.

TheUltraworld

Dr. Drew is a media whore

Throwback kid

Don't blame Dr Drew, his ego is as big as the slobs he treats on TV. If Dr Drew doesn't get his own camera time every week he gets down.

Michelle Swearington

There is no way in the world that Lindsay is blaming Dr. Drew for this....DR. DREW JUST STATED WHAT HE WOULD DO IF IT WERE HIS OWN CHILD...I TOTALLY AGREE W HIM........grow up people....!!!!!!! Lindsay, better wake up girl before you O.D.....take the help

Janet

With Lindsay insinuating it's Dr. Drew's fault it just goes to show she really does need rehab.

Julie

OK girl. You need to get your act together if for no other reason than to prevent your "daddy dearest" from going to court to try to take over control of your life. You need to put on your big girl panties. Just grow up a bit, if not for yourself, to help Ali and during the process you might both become strong women. This visit to your place was to check up on Ali. He could have checked up on Ali by phone. You know he just wanted to get the cops into your apt. and hoped he could get you arrested. Hope you find your true self and real life ASAP.

Angie

Trust me I'm a doctor!
What a stupid thing to say or do. Plant drugs on people to get them help. Very stupid advice to put out into the public arena Dr Drew. So many people apart from Lindsey (allegedly) and her family are struggling with addiction. Imagine if another parent, sibling, friend at their wits end, desperate to Help, heard this comment and acted upon it. Obtaining illicit substances and then planting them and then lying to authorities and professionals. What a great thing to teach your child. Lead by example. I will lie, break the law and deceive everybody to achieve the outcome I believe is the best. It says so much about Dr Drew's approach in dealing with the world in general , his patients and with addictions. Unbelievable. A shockingly naive and stupid statement from a doctor.

Angie