Jon Gosselin: I Never Asked for Custody

4/22/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is lashing out at the lawyer he just fired .... claiming the attorney filed legal papers asking for primary custody without Jon's permission.

Gosselin tells TMZ, "I never wanted primary custody, he [attorney Anthony List] filed for that.  I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."

But List tells TMZ, "Jon signed off on everything."

Jon, who is pissed that List spoke with the media, insists he wants to pay child support, adding, "I just can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."

As for what type of job ... Jon says, "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."

Well, if Kate can dance ...

Rob J

Don't have 300 kids if you can't afford to support them.

Judy

He pays $22,000.00 PER MONTH--NOT per year. And it is way too much. How ironic that both Jon and Kate want jobs as t.v. hosts. I've heard Kate say that repeatedly, most recently on Jimmy Kimmel the other night. They used to be a nice family; TLC has ruined them.

LaToya Jackson

Jon's next stop is McDonalds !!

Shannon

Ever think of going back to work as a computer programmer?? You did pretty well before!! geez... tv tv fame whore fame whore...

Nancy

Hey TMZ, since you guys are proud members of Team Jon, why don't YOU give him a job? He wants to be on TV. . . .Let him co-host with you, Harvey!

justicefl

Yes, everyone is lying but jon. Why the colored contacts? Is he ashamed of his korean heritage? We all know he's not white.

sickofit

The reason Jon's child support was 22,000 a month, was based on his salary, he was earning from TLC. TLC was still paying his full contract fee, even if he was doing nothing to earn it. If the child support was 22,000 can you imagine how much his pay was per month? In most states he had to have no more than 1/2 be taken, so he had to be taking home at least 22,000 of his own.
I don't feel sorry for him. Especially since we know he was spending it on, jet setting with the excon girlfriend, and his really expensive apartment in NY. If he was really concerned for the children, then he could have moved in the neighborhood, or at least in the same town/county to be near them.

Kelly

Who the hell would watch him on tv? This seems to be a pattern with him. He says one thing and when it does not work in his favor its switched up. And for their income, $22,00 probably was not too much, at the time. When you look at other celebs paying much more for child support with far less children that is not too much. And yes I called them celebs as I guess that is the direction they are going and celebs make money from stuff on tv, so?.......They are just not conventional.

Rita

Why is nothing ever his fault? How many times do we have to hear (from his mouth) that he did not know what was on the contracts or papers he signed? Who signs something they are not aware of, apparently Jon.

Jason

$22,000.00 a month...I mean COME ON!!! ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt cost 22K to help with 6 kids....ridiculous. On the other hand, he is wanting to get into TV!!???? WTF John. You were on TV, on a high rated show and you didnt want that....nbow you do. Great move. APOLOGIZE TO KATE GO TO COUNSELING AND get your show back. Moron.

Donna

Jon would had to sign the do***ent that goes before the court, for him to claim that this was done behind his back is outrageous. Jon is only claiming this now because he is feeling the backlash from so many who are angered that he is back at his nasty games once again. Jon just never learns!! As for television, Jon's dreams there have disappear in the wind.

Cindy

WOW It took 5,000 media reports and a spot on E!News and all the other TV shows for him to step up and say he didn't file for custody??!! I'm starting to agree that all this is staged, and he and Kate WILL be back together before the year is out!!!

sharon

Shouldn't have bitten the hand that fed you! You dirty DOG!

Mikey

You have no talent. If you did have talent no one would work with you because of the way you handled the Plus 8 show.

You are just stupid. You have no skills and have no prospects for a well paying job. You won't even be able to support your kids once the TLC money runs out.

shir

Yhea, and I would like a halo and wings but I have as much
chance getting it as Jon does a Host gig.

He is outaa' his mind and I bet Kate would like to
be centerfold in Playboy.......