Jon Gosselin: I Never Asked for Custody

4/22/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is lashing out at the lawyer he just fired .... claiming the attorney filed legal papers asking for primary custody without Jon's permission.

Gosselin tells TMZ, "I never wanted primary custody, he [attorney Anthony List] filed for that.  I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."

But List tells TMZ, "Jon signed off on everything."

Jon, who is pissed that List spoke with the media, insists he wants to pay child support, adding, "I just can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."

As for what type of job ... Jon says, "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."

Well, if Kate can dance ...

Usureaboutthat

Tv host no problem. And I wanta be President of the United States.

samper

Correct answer: I would take a job from ANYone who would hire a deadbeat like myself because I WANT to provide for my children and be a responsible, tax paying, contributor to society. I'd even sweep floors in order to do the honorable thing!

"I'd take a job as a TV host"?????? PUHLEEZE! Closing any doors at ALL there, Jon?

firebaby

my humble opinion is that they both need to go away... disappear out the public eye for a while... live life and not 'reality life'...
i also find it funny this comes mere days after kate was voted off, and therefore not making anymore money from DWTS...

marie

I think Jon, Kate, and TLC are working together to try to keep them in the news as much as possible. These people are ridiculous to keep airing their dirty laundry in the media. When will someone stand up for those kids?

Jan

It appears Jon finally realized how horrible he looked trying to take the kids from their mother. List had a good reputation before taking Jon Gosselin has a client. I hope List proves Jon is a liar.

jus-sayin

Such losers! 22,000? Is Kate nuts? And Jon, hes just a mongaloid. I cant imagine what the kids will be like....sick family

sc1432

Jon get real. You would of had to signed all the paperwork. You need to pay your childsupport.
I do not care if you have to flip burgers at Mickey d's and then go make Taco's at Taco bell.
You can not be so picky with jobs and wait to be a host on TV,,You 15 mins of fame is DONE. With 8 kids to support you take any job.

Your a jealous loser and a poor excuse for a humane being.

DANA

L O O S E R !!!!!!!

ShayFi

It's amazing that this family is still running on their 15 minutes of fame. They are no better than some ghetto, project, trailer trash that are having baby after baby and needs assistance with having them taken care of. In this case, the greedy entertainment industry is the welfare office providing them income. And the public needs their a$$es whooped for applauding each and every move they make.

JLS

Can you believe Jon about the amount he pays? Obviously, NO. He is severely inflating what he actually pays her.

JLS

If it is true that he fired List, I can see why. This attorney is an idiot with no family law experience. I do believe the attorney had Jon sign off on what he filed. They ALWAYS do!

Benny Blanco

Damn it JOHN....you should have kept your piehole shut and everyone would be loving you and getting their hate on with Kate. I was pulling for you but F#$K, you've turned into a DOUCHEBAG. I guess that's what you get for marrying the devil in the first place.

Dennie White

I believe Jon does want more time with the kids...I would venture to say that the kids are happier with Jon.

$22,000 a month is excessive (Their original agreement was to split time with the kids and keep the kids in the house) Just rotate visitation.

Give Jon a shot at Dancing with the Stars...I bet he can dance way better than Kate ... Oops, well anyone can ;)

The sad part of this is the children, the affect on them now and down the road as they get older.

Kate beat Jon down really bad and that can never be erased. I would watch Jon on TV before I would watch Kate.

Very sad situation.

barbee

and it took doofus HOW long to get this out there. the papers were filed HOW long ago? And then he adds, I can't afford the $22K child support 'right now'. When in the haell and on what does he think he'll EVER be able to afford that? And, finally, what the heck is he going to HOST? Who is looking for a nobody with no morals, ethics or talent? Sorry, Jon, Kate already got those two shows.