Jon Gosselin: I Never Asked for Custody

4/22/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is lashing out at the lawyer he just fired .... claiming the attorney filed legal papers asking for primary custody without Jon's permission.

Gosselin tells TMZ, "I never wanted primary custody, he [attorney Anthony List] filed for that.  I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."

But List tells TMZ, "Jon signed off on everything."

Jon, who is pissed that List spoke with the media, insists he wants to pay child support, adding, "I just can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."

As for what type of job ... Jon says, "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."

Well, if Kate can dance ...

Trish

I'd love to see Jon on Dancing with the Stars. It would be funny.

Dallas

What the hell is he smoking or taking?

Kate and Jon both need to go back to whatever it is they were doing before they had there babies. They are NOT celebs and the press needs to STOP taking photos of them and recording every word they say. We are all tired of seeing and hearing about them!!!

Just Me

Seriously, I think Jon should pen his own book. He would make a fortune and that's a book I WOULD buy.

Kat

This man is delusional! When he speaks he sounds like such a jackass. Does he seriously think he could host a tv show?!? What a loser!

Kathy

Loser! Sure he doesn't want full custody, he just wants the children when he has time out of his busy schedule of doing nothing!

Lobo

Stop blaming JUST jon. This suit was filed right after Kate starts dancing?? Then DROPPED as soon as she gets booted? They all PLAYED us. Kate, Jon AND TLC. Jon has NOT been allowed to talk to ANY press at all, only NOW he talks to TMZ? With no reprocussions from TLC? Whaaaaaaat? TLC Kate and Jon you all suck. What users. Sell your kids and your SOULS to TLC. Shame for shame.

J&K hater

Does anyone see this for what it is?? They, Jon and Kate, are playing gossip "fans" for all it's worth! Anytime she has something to promote he coincidentally goes off with some crazy antic. She gets more press time to discuss how hard it is to raise the 8 kids and she winds up w/ a deal to make more money. I think they are in kahoots with eachother and plan this **** out. That's how Jon makes his money....she pays him to start **** so she can play the "poor me" part. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Don't play into their hands...and pad their pockets!

Linda

Does he seriously think he has the talent to be a host. The only reason why he is a celebrity is because his kids are cute.

Lobo

Wow, it took Jon ALL this time to reply to the lawsuit???? Looks like we all have been HAD. this is has TLC fingerprints ALL over it. THe controversy sure did bring sympathy towards Kate, no? Jon is in on this sham along with Kate and TLC. They are all losers. DOn't be so naive.

kkootenay

What did Jon do before the TV show? I had some idea he was some sort of computer tech?

lino

Who the hell cares.....

S.T.F.

when will these idiots go away.. both him and kate.. they are only famous because they have a freakishly large amount of children..they both need to go back to what they did before there stupid reality show...they are not celebrities and i don't understand why people give a **** about them.. they are both annoying..tmz please stop encouraging their famewhoring by making stories about these loosers.

ml

There is must be something wrong with this guy.

Denise

$22,000 per month? Come on. I think they need to re-assess his income, as it obviously isn't as much as when they were doing the show. And he is a father of 8 kids, any surprise that he doesn't want full custody?

Kathy

The child support was set when he still had money. Now he has no job so that will be reduced. But he brought it all on himself by deep sixing the show he was on. If he thinks he can be a TV host he is dreaming. He is not articulate the way Kate is. No one is going to hire him. He better start looking for a different lind of job.