Jon Gosselin: I Never Asked for Custody

4/22/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is lashing out at the lawyer he just fired .... claiming the attorney filed legal papers asking for primary custody without Jon's permission.

Gosselin tells TMZ, "I never wanted primary custody, he [attorney Anthony List] filed for that.  I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."

But List tells TMZ, "Jon signed off on everything."

Jon, who is pissed that List spoke with the media, insists he wants to pay child support, adding, "I just can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."

As for what type of job ... Jon says, "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."

Well, if Kate can dance ...

gosselinssuck

WHEN will a reputable news organization expose this scam and sham that The Gosselins (and every skeezy person associated with and to them) and TLC have perpetuated on the American public? America has been seriously duped and manipulated by these people.
YOU ALL SUCK!!!

Donna

Jon has his faults, but he still is the better parent. I used to watch the show and Jon was the one, you bathed the chidren, clothed them, cared and just had fun...meanwhile Kate would sit in the garage yelling at Jon, yelling at the kids etc...then there was the belittling of Jon on each show. Kate did cook, though.
I will never forget when they moved into the mansion and Kate told the kids to come into the master bedroom to see it, then she told them to never step inside the room ever, only to stand at the door. !!! Nice way to treat your children. Kate is in this for herself and herself only. I hope Jon gets more custody, at least with him they can play, run, go fishing and laugh, be normal kids!!!

Lil

I watched another video where she is packing up and leaving the kids again after only spending a hour with them. I found that the saddest thing and its all Jons fault. Those children had both their parents taking beautiful round the clock care of them, now they do not have either parent!
They will probably end up like all these other children namely Douglas kid and Farrahs. So sad!

Lynn T

Perhaps Jon is finally thinking with the correct head.

Are you sure?

The minute I heard about him suing I figured it was to get votes for Kate! AKA a publicity stunt! It worked too, she stayed on the show longer than she had any right too!!

Judy

#90 Ryan, you are WRONG. The state of Pennsylvania has guaranteed the college tuition for EACH of those children, and I have seen the actual paperwork. #99 Donna, you are right on target. #96 Patricia is correct; #97 Cindy has the facts; and #98, I would love to see TLC get investigated.

Judy

#88 Ryan: You sound like an attorney and you are right--most clients DO NOT read the Petition; they just trust that their attorney has their best interests at heart; and they sign a Verification. BUT you are absolutely wrong in regard to the kids' college educations. The state of Pennsylvania guaranteed college tuition at a local college for EACH of the children--I know, I have seen the legal work.
#99 Donna: You are EXACTLY on target on each point. And thank you for an INFORMED post.

perplexified

LOLOL! Now where are all you ppl who insist this man is just normal and good and suffering from the media whore his wife became? LOL!

Are you sure?

27. Yes, everyone is lying but jon. Why the colored contacts? Is he ashamed of his korean heritage? We all know he's not white.
Posted at 9:49 AM on Apr 22, 2010 by justicefl

Is Gosselin a korean name? His father is white! He's not wearing contacts!

juju

Wow, maybe if most of you on this site were as involved in your own lives instead of being obsessed with Jon and Kate, you might be a little happier.
Do you all really think you know what's going on in their lives??
They are interesting to read about, but get real folks.
Personally, I don't care. They are both idiots.

CD

i love how he is bitching about kate being an "absentee mom" and a "self-promoter" and then he is like "however i would love to be a tv host". what a hypocrite. he and kate, along with speidi, should be thrown on a desert island so we never have to hear about them again.

Cancerubies720

He is what you call a total idiot. He needs to find an actual job and show the courts he is willing to work for his children. Then, comb your hair like an adult. I work at a middle school and the sixth graders wear their hair like that -- he's a dummy! Big Moron!

Seriously Get a LIFE

Judy and Donna are freakin busy bodies who don't know anything about their life, but think they do.

Get your own life you old hags.

Talor

This jerk SHOULD try to get full custody. God knows she sucks as a parent and he was the primary parent if you watch the reruns of their show. She is not bonded with them at all. He needs to wake up, stop dating and get a real job. They both need to give up dreams of fame and move on with life!

PeggyPA

RE: the college tuitions. In case no one noticed, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is struggling financially. In addition, as Ryan, #90, pointed out the tuition savings accounts are something the Commonwealth has touted for everyone. Setting up accounts for the kids is NOT the same thing as fully funding them. The Gosselins are not the first or the only high order set of multiples in the state. I can't imagine any state official who would want to set that precedent. What if one or more of the kids wants to go to a private university or one out of state and that school is actually the best one for them? Finally, there are a lot of expenses beyond tuition at college: room, board, books, clothes, etc.