Lindsay Lohan

Dumped from Film

4/24/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0422-lindsay-lohan-ex-tmz-01Lindsay Lohan was axed from a movie because she's not "bankable" -- this according a source connected with the production of the flick.

Lindsay was slated to star in "The Other Side," a movie about a grad student working on a deserted island.

David Michaels, the writer/director, tells TMZ, "Our team simply chose to move on from Lindsay and we'll soon be announcing a replacement."

But sources connected with the film tell us the people financing the film were skittish about relying on Lindsay.

The movie also stars Woody Harrelson, Giovanni Ribisi, Dave Matthews and Alanis Morissette.

And there's this twist ... at one point Brittany Murphy was attached to the movie.

Lindsay's rep had no comment.

BTW -- Lindsay was out at Chateau Marmont and Trousdale last night. Photo of her leaving below. Not too difficult to understand where Mr. Michaels was coming from.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Cap'n Fap'n

I dunno, I'd still really like to "be with" Lindsey Lohan, if you know what I mean. And by, "be with," I am talking about teh love makeing.

circuitburner

She is in perfect shape right now for a good scary thriller type flick. Im not being mean, im serious. Shes a beautiful girl even trashed out. She could keep her rough edge for a little longer, then pull her act together after the filming. Would have some money in the bank to make a fresh start. Horror and thriller directors, look at her for a role. She needs help, but maybe can make the most out of this. I would cast her as an intense, distressed girl fighting for her life against demons down in a dark underworld, trying to make it back to the surface. Like a dark occult tomb raider kind of story. The plot would parallel her own life in many ways, and this element alone along with all the exposure and bad press she gotten, would make the movie pretty epic... Especially if we can save her and she was to pull it together afterwards and flourish. Talk about a cinderella story. Actually a top-to-bottom-to-top story.... but you know what I mean. Nothing but love and prayers for lindsay. hang in there.

suzyliberal

If Lindsay has always been professional on set,What about the letter the producer of "Georgia Rules" wrote to her?
Wasn't it all about her being a diva and not showing up on time and not being prepared?

bonny

the reason to be concerned and sad is that she is a human being. TMZ likes watching human train wrecks and car wrecks because that is what they do, but I don't like watching this one anymore, because I know where it is going to end. Lindsey is actually quite talented, or she used to be before she started to disassemble her talent. I can count on one hand the number of child actors and actresses that have survived to be successful adults. What we do to them and what they do to themselves sucks.

jules australia

Great show tmz yes we do get it here, but the wasted space you are giving this krazy kooky klown just amazes me. Why is it an american thing??????

flea

linseys stupid and deserves what ever she gets how many chances do reguler folks get ?!!!!

Putt Putt

wow! u guys are rough!can't cry racism..but she is such a beautiful woman. what a shame.

SEAN

wHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM? SHE IS 24 OR WHATEVER AND WE THE GENERAL PUBLIC EXPECT HET TO BE PERFECT? CHRIST WHEN I WAS 24 I ENJOYED MYSELF. SHE'S JUST A GOOD DAMN PERSON AND ALL OF YOU WERE NEVER DRUNK OR DID TOO MUCH WHATEVER. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS WE DID NOT HAVE A CAMERA STUCK IN OUR FACE IN BUMBLEPHUCK,IDAHO. WE ALL HAVE HAD OUR DAYS OF EXCESS BUT IT SEEMS WHEN IT COMES TO STARS OR ATHELETES WE SEEM TO FORGET THAT THEY TAKE A CRAP IN THE MORNING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. IT IS WHAT, WE THE GENERAL PUBLIC SO CASUALLY DISMISS BUT I AM SERIOUS, CAN YOU PICTURE ANGELINA JOLIE PINCHING OFF A LOAF AT SEVEN IN THE MORNING. OH, THAT'S GROSS!! BUT IT IS SO FUNNY HOW PEOPLE CHOSE NOT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. NO WAY, ANGELINA DOES NOT ****, SHE IS NOT REAL IN THAT WAY. SHE IS PERFECT. THE IDEALS YOU, THE GENERAL PUBLIC EXPECT FROM YOUR "HEROES" OR WHATNOT JUST SHOWS HOW IGNORANT YOU ALL ARE. THE DAYS OF IDOLIZING JOE DIMAGGIO ARE LONG GONE. THERE ARE NO MORE HEROES OR PERFECT PEOPLE SO GET OVER PICKING ON PEOPLE LIKE LOHAN OR WHOEVER AND STOP TRYING TO PUT ANYONE ON A PEDESTAL ANYMORE. WHEN YOU DO THAT PEOPLE TRY THAT MUCH HARDER TO KNOCK THEM OFF ANYWAYS. WITH ALL THE CELLPHONE PICTURES AND INSTANT MESSAGING NOWADAYS I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT BY 2050. THERE WILL BE NO SECRETS LEFT IN THE WORLD BY THEN. IN CLOSING FOCUS ON YOURSELVES AND THANK GOD THERE IS NOT A CAMERA IN YOUR FACE EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!

gheekay

I was searching all over the internet for ways to get back with my ex girlfriend and I finally found what I'm looking for, I went to www.saveabreakup.com and it helped me a lot get back with my ex love, and now we are back together.

diva

it's so distrubing how actors turn out after they reach where they going....most of them is so young...yet parents see all these things and wants the child to become actors or song stars...children need to be children let them enjoy they youth so when they get older they enjoy and live a peace full young adult life..the pressure of that kinda of life is too much for children...

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13