Lindsay Lohan

Dumped from Film

4/24/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0422-lindsay-lohan-ex-tmz-01Lindsay Lohan was axed from a movie because she's not "bankable" -- this according a source connected with the production of the flick.

Lindsay was slated to star in "The Other Side," a movie about a grad student working on a deserted island.

David Michaels, the writer/director, tells TMZ, "Our team simply chose to move on from Lindsay and we'll soon be announcing a replacement."

But sources connected with the film tell us the people financing the film were skittish about relying on Lindsay.

The movie also stars Woody Harrelson, Giovanni Ribisi, Dave Matthews and Alanis Morissette.

And there's this twist ... at one point Brittany Murphy was attached to the movie.

Lindsay's rep had no comment.

BTW -- Lindsay was out at Chateau Marmont and Trousdale last night. Photo of her leaving below. Not too difficult to understand where Mr. Michaels was coming from.

PMJS

@sunnie...Get 'em girl! He Heee!!!

gimmeabreak

LOL, sorry but what do you want me to do? Use lies and rumors to defend her? I mean really!? Of course what i've said is based on her work and her life. So what about her messing up on Georgia Rule 3 years ago? Are you going to overlook everything else she's done both before and after that and condemn her for life for a mistake she made 3 years ago? That was 3 years ago. Here an now, today she's just come off of filming Machete and the director, cast mates and production crew have only had good things to say about working with her. What's more important? A screw up three years ago or where she's at here and now, today?

Jeez i'm not even a fan of hers. I don't care for light skin freckled Irish girls. A sweet first generation immigrant Jewish-Ukrainian-American girl like Mila Kunis who likes to toke up now and then is more my obsession, but Lindsays a decent actor and all this vitriol she gets is over the top. It's no wonder the poor girl is struggling. You need look no further then her crazy deadbeat ex-father to understand where that's coming from! If you really want to help her out punch her father in the face the next time you see him, the news will do her good! LOL

Soxy

Can't say I've ever been to rehab 3X, can't say I've ever been arrested a few times and convicted of possession of narcotics, can't say I've ever been photographed falling into cacti, passed out in cars, etc., can't say I've ever received a letter from a studio head telling me to get my sh*t together, can't say I've ever been accused a gazillion times of stealing jewelry, furs, etc. Nah, I don't think I'm the REAL f*ckup in society.

Kate

nice

Sasafras

It's really too bad, she was just incredible in Herbie the Love Bug.

happy2bhere

Soxy, I agree with you 100%. Some of the people on this site seem to have A LOT of extra time on their hands. Blogs are for people's opinions as far as I know. Any your opinion is spotton. This train wreck Lindsay Lohan is going to be dead unless she gets herself some help soon. I never thought much of her acting skills, but the more I hear and see of her, the less I think of her AND her nutty family.

viper1st

Lindsay - you've choosen to self-destruct into a Hollywood HasBeen. Now show what little class you have left & step aside. Let your younger prettier sister Ali have the spotlight. If Ali's smart, she won't let the fame & fortune get to her - like you did.

Danielle

Dear TMZ - Lindsay is a nobody. Please stop posting news about her because NOBODY CARES. I know I won't shed a tear when she ODs.

josh

TMZ should be dumped for society, NO, It should be dumped from the World!

josh

And TMZ should be kicked out too from Society!!

Elmer Flobbergob

The stupid skank can always work at Crapmart.

gimmeabreak

@Soxy - Yeah, i'm assuming there's good reason you've never gotten a letter from a studio head. Am i supposed to be surprised the paprazzi don't follow you around and trip you up then snap a gazillion "exclusive" photos of your "fall"? LOL

It's all a sham. You can't believe any of the gossip on TMZ and the other rags. Haven't you ever wondered why it's always Perez Hilton or TMZ with the "exclusive"? It's because it's a bunch a BS hearsay gossip a real journalist wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole and rubber gloves on.

AnnieSH

@gimmeabreak, wow, I thought you were a female until you wrote that you do not prefer "light skin freckled Irish girls", but I had to stop and think a moment... You still sound like a female, so.... Sam? Is that you? LOL!

And btw, for someone who isn't a fan of hers, you sure do know an AWFUL lot about her. Hmmm. It seems you're losing YOUR credibility.

gimmeabreak

@soxy - It's funny how your so quick to point out her screwing up on Georgia Rule 3 years ago but when i mention how well she's done on her current project and ask which is more important, something that happened in the past, or how she's doing in the present, i get no answer. The past is the past. The current situation is that she was professional on set and nobody had a bad thing to say about her, only good. For anyone who's considering casting her in a new movie that's what matters. Unfortunately her crazy stalking ex-father doing outrageously terrible things for publicity over shadows it all and makes her look like a crazy girl and that scares investors and insurers.

@ AnnieSH - Please, do you really think another girl would defend a slore like Lindsay!? I mean really! Girls are way to mean for that. They're the first to move in for the kill! ;)

gimmeabreak