Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

4/23/2010 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to a rep for the singer.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the rep, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

Michaels underwent several tests, the rep says, including CAT Scans and MRIs.

Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

Challenger

Go into the light Bret

tb

I hope Brett makes a full recovery, he is a very nice man and kind to all.

kerry

just said a prayer for you, Bret.

Freedom Blue

I was never a Huge Fan but He Is An Amazing Man of talent... G-D be with him!!!

Theresa

Bret..hope you have a full recovery. Your seem to be a sweet, kind hearted man, a great dad and a wonderful performer. I have obverved your kindness and respect of others. You are loved by many. Ignore the negative comments. I'm sure your in good hands so hang in there and let the doctors fix you up. The thoughts and prayers of many are with you. I hope to hear nothing but good news as the days go by.

Trish

Go away kooky... Jerk

Jon-Paul Stone

Sounds pretty serious. I knew he was diabetic, but a brain hemorrhage is a whole other ball game. God speed Bret, my thought and prayers are with you.

pao

God Bless him!!!

Just Sayin

#32 smile sarah :)

Lg

Good luck Brett...I have hated your stupid shows, but I would do them too, and I wish you God's help and a full recovery.

Lg

JLS

I am shocked! God bless you, Bret. I will say lots of prayers for your recovery and comfort. I am so sorry for all of this-just awful.

Janet

Oh man....Prayers are with you Bret. Hang in there and fight...Wishing you a very quick recovery~

Ms Kris

I've had diabetes as long as Bret I wish him the best

And, rude comments about a person with a medical problem are unkind & NOT NEEDED

candy

Best Wishes to you Brett for a speedy recovery. I've seen him in concert several times...starting in the 80's. Very nice and personable man. Sending love to you and your daughters. Godspeed

Just Sayin

We can make fun of EVERYTHING else except people with medical conditions?!! It all boils down to we are all human and deserve RESPECT. THIS IS TMZ COME ON!!!!!!!!!! I'll do my part when you start doing yours