Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

4/24/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_EX_TMZ_01Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Madster

good to hear!

muzzbuzz

According to Bret's people, this story is untrue. Here's what they posted:

Today at 11:25am
There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition. Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days.

Thank you for your support, thoughts & concern.

sickofit

The facts for people who are blaming this on everything but what it is.
Brett Micheals is Diabetic.
Brett Micheals had trouble controling his blood sugar.
Brett Micheals drinks heavily.
Brett knows that drinking and having diabetes does not mix and will cause you to have many problems, if not die. One of these problems is blood vessels bursting, and this is what happened to him.

Jamfest

I wish him well.

ac

Is he going to make it? My grandpa died because of a bleeding head injury.

Bobby

Bret my thoughts and PRAYERS are with you my friend. You ARE the man, You WILL get better. STAY STRONG ROCKSTAR!!!!!

arcobabe

Does anyone have a update on his condition? I'm praying for you Brett...please get better!

TMZDude

He's so sickly. On Celebrity Apprentice he's always cryin' and talkin' about how sick he is. He's such a puss.
Manly on the outside, Girly on the inside. BUT...that's the way women like their men, so good on him.
Actually, women really like them girly on the outside too, like The Situation and his plucked eyebrows, waxed body, limpy wrist.
Go figure.

edie

I've been enjoying the heck out of you on Celebrity Apprentice! You've already proven you're one tough competitor on that show...
YOU CAN DO THIS, BRET. FIGHT BUDDY, FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My prayers go with you all the way.
God Bless you...

pevaons01

Sure hope he get to feeling better..

sunshine1

Prayers for Bret to have a full recovery. He always seems to be such a nice guy.

Kimberly Kinsey

Been watching you on celebrity apprentice and how you had a scare with your daughter. I am sending all my luv to you and your family and sure hope that all goes well with you. Will be sending all my prayers for a fast recovery! :)'s

Sparkle

So worried about Bret. I feel sick to my stomach about this, I can only imagine what his family is going through. He is strong, he will get through this. He is one of the most kind hearted human beings and he deserves to see his daughters grow up. He is not finished here yet. Keeping positive thoughts for you Bret. I pray that you will be ok. We love you.

ht

weird old guy

maybe now his stupid reality show will get cancelled

LOUIS

WERE-ALL-PRAYING-FOR-YOU-BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET-WELL!!!!!!!!YOUR-IN-OUR-PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!