Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

4/23/2010 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

Linda

I hope for a complete recovery for Bret. God needs to be with him along with a experienced staff of physicians and nurses and specialists. I know first hand how long his recovery will be and wish the best for him and his family.

sybil

Bret....you and your girls are in my prayers. You are like family to me after the past 20 yrs of rockin with you. You were my first concert and I have stayed a true Poison/Bret Michaels fan ever since! Please get well....take care of yourself...your girls need their daddy! The world still needs a rockin singer as yourself!
Love and hugs and LOTS of prayers for complete recovery and full health for many years! Turn this one over to God and He will see you through!

Love
Sybil -Brownsburg, IN

Gabriel Gimenez

All brazilian hard rockers of the ENTIRE COUNTRY are unite to give you the strenght you need. We love you BRET MICHAELS!!!!

Barbara

Bret, I adore you! I'm praying for you and your family. May God bless you, and may you have a speedy recovery. I'm so sad that you are going through this. From all that I know about you, you seem to be such a great guy and an awesome dad. Get well very soon. God Bless you.

Vince Rose

Wichita,Ks can wait untill next year,We all love u Bret and our prayes are with u and your family.Keep being Strong!With Love The Rose Family

Chandra

Wishing Bret a full and speedy recovery as I told God last night that he couldn't have him yet! Growing up I was a loyal and devoted Poison fan, and still love the old music to this day. In 1988 I was 13 and went to my first rock concert, Poison of course. Great teenage memories! Anyhoo...it was great to wake up and know he is still here and doing well :) Keeping Bret and his family in my prayers.

nick selway of wales

Thinking of you Bret. Take it easy buddy. we don't need another fallen angel.
Been a poison fan for 22 yrs now,and iand a lot of other people would be truly gutted if you left us.
Take good care man. get squillions of rest.
Best of luck bud,

Nick

Anita

Bret the lord is definately on your side. Most people don't survive this my mother didn't she passed instantly. I am praying for you and your girls and am looking forward to seeing you on tv again when your better. Lots of love to you.

Wussie

God bless you, Bret. I have just begun to know you. You are a wonderful human being. So warm and considerate despite your own personal health issues. Please make a full recovery.

pghTC

. . .does any1 think that this could be an overlooked result ov the accident Brett had on stage a few monthz ago.....??

pghTC

. . .any1 think that this could b the end result ov the accident Brett had on stage a few maonthz ago...???

stanboy

It's too bad Bret Michaels didn't die... a moron should die.

Momma J

Oh Poor Brett...once a long time ago we were all dumb and young, and took our youth for granted. Well as we age, taking that youthful health for granted is not something we can screw with now and I believe that Brett knows that, after all he IS 47, so stop with the recriminations and just give him a heartfelt prayer.

Love you man....

momma j.

beenthere

I suffered a SAH in 2006. I pray for his recovery. It not necessarily has anything to do with his lifestyle..unfortunately there are no screenings for anuerysms and the sad fact is when they burst it's sudden and serious.

amber

Could not get your website to come up, so posting here. Pull through man! The world needs you! We all love you Bret! Looking forward to more seasons of Rock of Love, hopefully. Recover! Sending all my thoughts, prayers, and wishes to you! And your family. Hang in there buddy.