Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

4/23/2010 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

Rocco

Get Better Brett, Your a good man.

Deb

Bret & Family
I pray you recover, and if you do..please get on an insulin pump. I am a 46 year old juvenille diabetic too. I have a feeling you are going to make it.

Linda

It is good hear there is "no news" and that his condition has stablized. There was a question about the injury he recieved at the awards. Any head injury can bleed slowly and take time for change in neurological status. Remember the actress who fell whle sking and later died of a brain bleed. The area where Bret's bleed is the center that controls respirations and heart beat. Compression from the bleed can activate problems or push the brain stem down. What concerns me is the word "massive" this doesn't sound very good to me. In any case I am sending prayers to him and his family. With all the technology available to us...prayer has and will always be important in his survival. May angels watch over you Bret...

lauren

get better soon...god bless you xoxo.....love u tmz people

Mary

Day #2, all is OK. You're gonna live. That clot is going to start moving and clearing your system. It will be painful and scary; but, you'll make it. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER drink alcohol again or you'll pop a leak that no doctor can plug.

golfwanker

Bret is bald

georgina lindsey

Sending my prayers your way.

deb

god bless you and keep you safe

Ahmed

May Allah help you to live since you are an honest very nice man, Allah bless you

Ahmed.

linda polk

this is not the time to say what Bret was doing in his life and what he was not.who are we to judge.I am sure that in this world today,we may have family and friends doing the same thing.We should not show faults.I am praying that Bret some how make it through this.we have to let god have his way,he has the last word in jesue name.Father god,help Bret.He is your son lord,walk with him through this journey.Lets not judge!!!!!

Claire

Sending good vibrations your way Bret, get better baby! That's an order!

Ali

Don't know much about him, 'cept that I was a rocker in the 80's and he's too young to die, so I'm praying for a full and speedy recovery for you

Bret's girl

I'm saying a special prayer for you. May god bless you and keep you safe.

stacey

Good Luck Bret!!!!!!! May you and your family always be blessed. May you recover soon with no chance of it happining again. God Bless you always. Now, that I have said that. Can anyone get over the boo hoo of michael jackson??? I am so sick of hearing about when something happens to a celeb it always goes back to michael jackson. He didn't live his life in a way I would want my children to live or grow up to be like. When my nephew asked me about him I told him the truth, he was a sick, twisted, mental case that prayed upon kids because he had money and power and always used it to his advantage. His own family didn't even care enough about him to pay for his funeral the state of california did. $4 million could of went to something more useful like how about creating jobs, helping those to stay in their homes, give food to the poor, Not for a sick bastard who liked to play with boys and looked like a girl!!!!! Remember the time when I drugged a little boy and showed him my wee wee, Remember the time when I paid off another family to keep it out of the courts and press, Remember the time I told a little boy to sleep in my bed. Yeah, I remember too!!!!!! Many, wasn't on his side then and stil isn't in his death. May god put him where he belongs in hell!!!!

Missi

Praying for you Bret!! Please recover and get well. Bless you and your beautiful kids!