Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

4/23/2010 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

c

Im gonna say it: PUBLICITY STUNT!!!!!....... I know Im going to hell

leo

good luck Bret and get well!

Proud2bBlack

Hussie, ok. I'm just here to pray for the sick. I've done my good deed. Take care.

tacky66

Hi Bret,
Got to know you on The Apprentice. You are a nice guy but Trump fired you and that was unfair. You took it very seriously.
I wish you well and praying for your recovery. You are in an excellent hospital.

Russ P.

My Prayers are with you , hope you pull out of this . God Bless you Bret

Michelle

Poor guy-I hope he will be okay,I'll be praying for him.....Get well Bret you still got alot more rockin' to do!

cora

hmmmm, wonder if theres any relation to his recent surgery... if i was the medical board, id be looking into that possibility.

flowers

Pssssssssst everyone
Michael Jackson
NOT DEAD

Moonflower

I hope Bret gets well, but I remember an interview in which he said that he knew his lifestyle was detrimental to his health, but that he was willing to deal with the consequences. That's such a bad example for others who have diabetes.

cory

May God be with you Bret. Praying for a full recovery.

Cheryl A.

I am really worried about Bret. This is a serious injury to his brain stem. Praying hard for Bret.

flowers

THINK THE BLEED HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM GETTING HIT ON THE HEAD DURING THE TONY AWARDS? DID SUFFER NOT ONLY A BROKEN NOSE BUT A CONCUSSION.

Poison Fan

I saw music videos last week with Bret Micheals with Poison and he had geuniune songs that he wrote...I don't know if he is really dead so we have to wait for a real confirmation via real news. not gossip news.
All the Prayers for him and to his family/daughters. I know he had two daughters with his ex girlfriend. and he struggled to keep the band Poison going but it got busted. He was trying to revive it with his music and bring back full scale, but this tradegy happened.

Jtiddy

Shut the **** up KOOKY! Stop posting your bull****!

Tina

This man needs to find God and become saved, if he hasn't already. I think the big man is trying to tell him something.

If anyone wants to know how to be saved and have Heaven as their eternal home please visit:
bcsay.webs.com/salvation.htm