Kate Gosselin's 8 Kids -- Cleared for Spin-Off

4/25/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kate Gosselin's new TLC show "Kate Plus 8" is all systems go -- because the local Department of Labor says the kiddies have been cleared to continue their careers as reality TV stars.

0910-media_removed
A rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry tells TMZ the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved ... and said, "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8.'"

But according to the rep, nothing has been submitted for Kate's other TLC spin-off "Twist of Kate" -- which could mean the kiddies may not be joining Kate on that one.

That's probably a good thing ... because 5-year-olds shouldn't have to work two jobs.

jrgilb0729

Just please leave Berks County, Pennsylvania and go to Hollywood and take the s--tball Paparazzi with you.

Most of us here have had enough of your life. You don't fit into the Pa farm country just because you can produce a litter.

Lea

I AM NOT going to watch this women use those precious kids like tools to further her need to be a FAMEWHORE! Kate is a pathetic dog. That ******* took fertility drugs to squat out all those kids she and Jon could afford to take care of. Why should she get rewarded. She is no better than Octomom. He!! give her a show while you are at it.

Darlene

Its a shame! GlAD TO SEE HER FINALLY OFF DANCING WITH THE STARS!

Donna

Who is Kate blowing to get TWO shows on TLC???

timmsa

Well I guess this just shows how much of a fame whore is really is. I mean come on now 2 shows, please these poor kids they don't see their mom much as it is, now with the 2 shows expecially life with kate, that means she will never ever be home.

I mean the other night i saw a show when she was going through the airport with the kids, and then came home, but yet as soon as she got home she left again in a waiting limo and her bodyguard.

This woman needs to be stopped. As as far as boycotting the show, oh you bet these are 2 shows that i will never be watching. Can't stand this fame whore, and I really feel bad for the kids. When they grow up they will have their own show, it will be called " KATE'S GROWN CHILDREN NOW IS COUNSELING BECAUSE THEY ARE MESSED UP IN THE HEAD".

Politico Pablo

Nice PR move to dress the kids alike. No wonder these kid's are her top priority, they're her main cash cows!

Lea

BOYCOTT KATE PLUS 8!!! SHE NEEDS TO STOP USING HER BABIES FOR FAME!

She could not make it by herself. NO ONE WANTS THAT HO. So now she comes crawling back to the only thing she can use-her kids. She is a disgusting b!tch. TLC and this show needs to be boycotted.

kim

Did anyone notice how sad and deflated the kids looked - i have never seen kids that age - who are supposedly enjoying their lives in front of the cameras - who has little kids staring at the floor with such misery written all over them - what a shame they have this selfish woman for their mother.......

Tiffany

Who give a **** about her and her kids! Her crazy ass needs to go away.

Sonja

Telling that Kate is all smiles and weave but every single kid looks flat out miserable! I wonder if the Nanny gets treated as crappy as her husband did?

WiddoMouse

Wow. There is so much jealousy and hatred aimed at this family and I don't understand why. The only thing that separates Kate from the other single mothers of large families is that Kate has a choice. (1) She can support her family on reality TV and book sales (2) She can support her family (barely) by working long hours as a nurse (3) She can be a stay at home Mom and let the State of Pennsylvania pay for their food, shelter and medical bills. I'm glad she had a choice. Wouldn't we all love to have that option.

Karmagal

This is HORRIFYING, HOW dare she make her kids work yet again. LET THEM have their childhood. She should be jailed and have the kids taken away from her. What a disaster. And I sure hope that NO ONE watches the show so that they cancel it and the kids can live a half way normal life.

timmsa

#58 for me personally I am not jealous of the fame whore. If I had the same opportunity I would not be gone for long periods of time. Yes I probably would accept some offers but not like this scant. Nor would i treat my children like she does. I would not have nannies raising my kids.
She does not love her children that is as plane as day, she is just using them for fame.
I think that TLC should really re-think this situation.

Luornu

"(1) She can support her family on reality TV and book sales..."

@WIDDOMOUSE- YES! She can support her family on reality TV and book sales...but she shouldn't use her children as a means of support. THAT'S the point everyone is trying to make.

If you can't seem to keep your ass off TV, then leave the kids out of it!

Anonymous

Time to let Grandfather and Grandmother Kreider have custody of the eight children. At least at the trailer park they can roast marshmallows without a camera shoved in their faces.