Survivor 'Villain' Arrested for Battery

4/23/2010 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Survivor 'Villain' Arrested for BatteryOne of the stars on "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" was arrested in Louisiana early this morning after cops say he attacked somebody at a street festival.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Russell Hantz -- the runner-up from "Survivor: Samoa" -- was partying at the Festival International de Louisiane, when he allegedly "shoved" somebody to the pavement.

Cops say Hantz was immediately arrested by Lafayette City Police -- and taken to a nearby jail.

Hantz was eventually released.

But get this, Hantz is still in contention to win "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" -- which is airing now on CBS ... and yes, he's one of the "villains."

awards

How did a garden gnome get to LA?

dirty diana

yeah i agree this guys a jerk in the first degree.

rex kramer

Mongo like

julie

Outwit, Outlast and Outplay. It's not some friendship camp. Russell hands down has played very well. Finding the HII before clues were given to stay in the game last season was awsome. Voting out Boston Rob was the best. I'm expecting him to find a couple more to stay in the game. I'll miss JT though.

Hep

#44: see #38

Stephanie

No SpeakTheWord. TMZ said he was "still in contention". The remaining plays are ALL still in contention to win. He was the runner up in Survivor Samoa. Russell is a typical 'short man with an attitude' - rude, boring and pushy. By the way he acted in the Samoa reunion show (wanting to be called THE BEST survivor player EVER)- I think he will lose in this Survivor as well. Jerk.

SpeakTheWord

Yes it could MightyMad ...Dumba??

MJ FOREVER

loser

Tony

HOLY **** KAREN ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!

Bootleggers???

SpeakTheWord

This just in ...TMZ just told me that they were not clear on how they explained the facts in their POST..lol so suck it

ann

I've never missed a season of Survivor, and it's my opinion that Russell is the best plater EVER!! Boston Rob got his words handed back to him when he said Russell didn't know how to play with the big boys! Russel sure taught him!
But yeah, if He pushed someone I am sure the guy deserved it!

Sharon

The look on Russells face last night was worth a million dollars!!! But what got me was he had the nerve to say to Pavarti that she "had some explaining to do"! Sorry Russ - the game has changed - it's on and everyone knows you are a pig liar and that a WOMAN is running this game now. Oh - I know you can't stand it and I love it!! Good job Pavrati!! And JT - OMG - the biggest blindside in Survivor history - but so what you already won a million once. You'll be fine. Did you really do it with what's her name - the pinup - yeah - sugar?????????

HM

I ALSO THOUGHT THEY GAVE AWAY THE FINALS INFO. UNTIL I REREAD IT. EASY MISTAKE..

Dorinha

For the few people questioning why the "Heroes vs Villains" cast are so gullible in trusting Russell, bear in mind that the "Heroes vs Villains" season was being filmed while Survivor Samoa was still airing. No one on "HvsV" got to see how easily Russell manipulated his tribe members and how good he is at finding idols until after the fact. As for the show being scripted? Well, no. "Survivor" is obviously edited to create the most engaging story that can be told from hours of culled footage, and contestants are molded into the most marketable characters possible, but this doesn't mean that castaways are reciting lines fed to them by producers. Contestants have talked openly about how they received a "good" or "bad" edit. There's a huge difference between editing and scripting. Good editors tell good stories. Richard Hatch in Season One received just as much editing as Russell.

Parvati's idol double-play last night was genius. She and Russell both are great players. Okay, so I probably watch the show too much, but it's one of my few Hollywood vices, along with this forum.

electriczipper

totally scripted for ratings....totally edited for ratings....
........