Dave Matthews

Karaoke Super Freak

4/26/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dave Matthews took center stage at a karaoke bar in Hawaii yesterday -- where he proved he can still get funky ... even without that dude with the violin.

0426-dave-matthews-launch-tmz-02-credit
TMZ has obtained photos of Dave at Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar in Kihei, Maui -- where he performed the Rick James classic "Super Freak."

But the best part -- the MC introduced Matthews to the stage as ... David Schwimmer from "Friends."

For the record -- the guy with violin, Boyd Tinsley -- that dude rocks.

Chopper

Dave mathews is a liberal doucherocket hasbeen loser ***........

Zara

No more wondering what the love child of Tom Ford and Ari Gold would look like.

Stacy

Dave could sing to me any day of the week! I love that man!!!

OSW

LOVES HIM :)

Michele

Stacy--You can have him everyday of the week. He can sing to me at night! I love him too. He does rock!!!

Adam

Chopper --- your just a hasbeen loser douchebag for saying a comment about one of the best and most unique musicians that is still going strong and has had the biggest following out of any band and live performaces for the past 20 years! Your words are just blah blah blah ... pointless!

GO DMB!

BeatlesFan1

I LOVE DAVE MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is so sexy, and i have been to 8 of his concerts, and he NEVER disappoints. that band, as a whole, is amazing. what quality music - my kids have been rocking out to DMB since they were born! (and at 4 and 1.5, they have stellar musical tastes! :) lol )

BC

Dave Matthews is not on vacation... he is in Hawaii doing a movie with Adam Sandler, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston.

Melissa

Yum! There's just something about Dave that makes me swoon. Just got my tickets for 6/19 @ Deer Creek!

mrspatrickcampbell

Dave appears to be a homosexual!

(Are there any nude photos of Dave?)

Frank

Dave is a cool dude, and a humble guy, with all the fame and money and millions of fans, I mean international fans. famous all over the world, I mean, sold out tours in major markets and yet he finds time to do kareoke like a regular john, like you and me, he rocks...I cant wait to see him and the band at Citi field New York.

Beth

I LOVE that man!!!!!! @chopper...you are def...CLEARY!!!

slim

The "MC" that introduced him was former Espn host Dan Patrick. I was sitting 2 tables away from them. Neat seeing them all there getting sloshed together.

Scott

The MC that introduced Dave Mathews was Dan Patrick. He was joking by calling him David Schimmer since Dave is shooting a movie with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler on Maui