Trump: Bret Michaels in 'Big, Big Trouble'

4/26/2010 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump tells TMZ Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage back in 2009 -- where he hit his head -- may have something to do with the recent turn of events, though we can't confirm this from Michaels' people.

APRIL

THE DONALD HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.THESE BLLEDS DO NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR 10 MONTHS AND THEN APPEAR. THEY APPEAR USUALLY WITHIN 24HRS OF AN INJURY.AS LONG AS HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL BEING CARED FOR HE'LL BE FINE, I SEE PEOPLE WALK OUT OF THE HOSPITAL EVERYDAY WITH THESE THINGS. SO DONALD SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

ken

I may not be a medical expert but my mother had a cerebral hematoma as it was called from an injury to her head 6 months before. The doctor told us u could get bleeding on the brain even a yr after a bad head injury. Especially if your blood is too thin. It does seem like a strange coincidence to me. Have seen it happen to a family member myself. Not sayng for sure that was it but a strange coincidence no less.Is worth thinking more about.

RJ

Hang in there.

CCC

I come on this site occasionaly and am astonished by the lack of compassion and utterly horrible things that people say on this site about the misfortunes of others. I know some of you think you are witty and some just are trying to get others angry, but in this day and age, anger seems to be the norm. Everybody is angry and have found this site to spew out their nasty words of wisdom. I don't know why this is, but I do know that this country is in real trouble if this is what our future leaders feelings are.

Michelle2010

Trump is a colossal thinks-he-knows-it-all moron. I read in another news story today that Trump spoke with hospital personnel about Bret's condition and based on that conversation he determined that Bret is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis isn't great." Give me a break. Due to privacy & confidentiality laws, the hospital and/or medical staff are not going to tell the mighty Mr Trump a dang thing about Bret's condition or prognosis so he should get a clue and stop acting like he's so "in the know." What a pompous, narcissist who is in serious need of a hair makeover.

Fran Reno

I totally agree with Donald Trump. If you look closely at the video he was hit both in front and in back when he fell to the floor. A taped interview with him on Access Hollywood that was posted the other day detailed how he perceived what happened.

Sparkle

I don't care what Trump has to say, I will never give up hope and stop praying for Bret. Unless it comes from his official website, I am not going to believe anything. Miracles happen every day and Bret can still get through this. We love you Bret.

Sparkle

Also wanted to say to the haters out there, if you don't like him as a person that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but just remember you are talking about someone's father, someone's son. I hope none of you people ever have a loved one in critical condition in the hospital. Show some human decency and have some compassion. Let's ignore the haters and keep positive thoughts for Bret. I will never give up on him.

Fibb

Trump, go take a Dump, you OLD Hasbeen.

Deluded

#68 You have nothing to worry about. There are NO future leaders on this board. Only morons and neanderthals.

Marinemom

Praying for you Michael! THANK YOU Donald Trump for updating us because no one else who is trust-worthy is!

Michelle2010

Um, MarineMom - how on earth would you call what Trump gave us as an kind of update? He did nothing more than give his pompous OPINION. He's not a healthcare professional directly involved in Bret's case, nor is he an official spokesperson for Bret. All he did, in essense, is share his opinion on what the vast majority of people have already surmised; that Bret's situation is a serious one, as it would be for anyone with a brain bleed. No huge 'in the know' newsflash there. And again, hospital staff/officials involved in Bret's case are sure as h*ll not going to be giving "updates" to the likes of Trump, regardless of how powerful Trump thinks he is. Information on a patient's status or prognosis is given only to the patient or their direct family members, not some bigshot with a massive comb-over.

Evie G

My mom and my brother had the same type of aneurysms and both survived with little or no problems. My mom had one about 15 years ago and the only problem she has is that her personality is different than before the aneurysm. My brother had one 3 almost 3 years ago and he is fine. They both had the aneurysm clipped with good results.

I hope Brett has the same luck as my family members.

Anonymous

Bret Michaels is diabetic. And he needs to take care of himself for good.

Anonymous

Some how Michael Lohan and his oldest daughter Lindsay Lohan will reunite.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments