« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

UFC Can Cut Tito Ortiz Over Arrest

4/26/2010 6:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0426_whiteUFC honcho Dana White tells TMZ Tito Ortiz could be booted from the organization if the domestic violence charges against him prove legit.

White says, "We're gonna be fair, but we could cut him."

White wants to wait until the police reports are in, but the UFC can take action even before the legal process runs its course.  "Other than going on a killing spree, being accused of domestic violence is the worst thing you can have going for you," White says.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

J Simp

What about Rampage Dana?

grass

He wont cut Tito, he didn't with the last UFC fighter....

Box

If you think UFC is a joke commenter #5... Why don't you step into the octagon?? -I just bet your the wannna be tuff guy who was picked on at school because he did not get enough of mommy's breast milk....

Dana White will do what's right and let "The Iceman" Chuck Liddel put some more woop ass on ortiz's big FN mouth and then send him packing...

Rob

Of course don't fire him. He' schedualed to fight Liddel at the TUF 11 finale.

Franklin

#1.) Going on a killing spree.
#2.) Domestic violence.
So would #3 be losing your belt, hopping in your monster truck, driving up curbs, hitting a car and causing the driver of that car to lose the baby she was carrying? Just wondering.

He's Crap

I knew a guy who went to high school with Ortiz. Says he used to beat guys up in the shower. Doesn't surprise me that he manhandled her. He's crap.

ashley

does anyone know if any papers have been filed for the restraining order? or if his mug shot has been released? or if the police report has been made public yet?

open letter to Jenna: Thank you for being so strong! as a victim of domestic violence myself you have showed all of us that not taking the abuse is the RIGHT thing to do. you have so many supporters that are worried about you. please remember there is someone out there who WONT hit you!

Dave

OMG Dana White endorses a 'violent' brawl on CBS with his fighters taking no action and now he is potentially going to fire Tito because "domestic violence is the worst thing you can have going for you"

Brittany

I still love you Tito ill be your girl...She probably deserved it..

MarkZ.

So it is ok for Anthony Johnson to get arrested for hitting a ex-girlfriend but not for Tito.
I guess if Tito still had a future then he would not be cut like Johnson wasn't.
Great standards there Dana.

Everyones~A~Star

I used to partake in martial arts tournaments in my younger day. I was nothing spectacular but I did learn a lot. One of the things that is very important and really drilled into your head is to only use it for self defence, practice, or tournaments. They really made it clear to us how serious it is to use our skills in anger. This is why dicipline is very important. Tito...becuase he is a fighter....knows exactly how deadly it is....exactly how easy it is to harm someone who is untrained...and he knows better. I'm 5 foot 3 and capable of killing someone in less then a minuete becuase of my training...and im not all that wonderful at the sport,...Tito is a dangerous man. Its not domestic violence...its assualt with a lethal wepon...he could easily kill her and he is well aware of it.

Kris

Tito was NOT fighting Chuck after TUF 11. That was said a couple weeks ago. They keep saying to "watch the show to find out why"

Get rid of Tito NOW.

Kris

Dave (#24) Strikeforce (CBS fights) are NOT affiliated with the UFC!!!!! That's like saying Bud Selig has a say in High School baseball.

sc1432

I would expect for him to be cut,fired..DANA, do the correct thing. I do not see how UFC could NOT fire him. Is UFC gonna codone his actions? I would hope not.

Rob

My mistake. I just found out Tito is not fighting Chuck. I officially no longer care about story at all. If I were Dana I would not fire Tito.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments