Sandra Bullock

Files for Divorce,

Adopts Baby

4/28/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sandra Bullock says she is divorcing Jesse James -- AND she's adopted a baby boy, according to People.

0428_bullock_people
Sandra told People she has filed for divorce, adding "I'm sad and I am scared" -- though she does not reveal where the petition was filed. She says she had no idea about Jesse's infidelity.

She also reveals that she's adopted a 3 1/2 month old boy named Louis Bardo Bullock -- and though she and Jesse started the adoption process four years ago and brought the boy home together in January, she now plans to raise him as a single parent.

Of the baby, who was born in New Orleans and named after Louis Armstrong, Bullock says "He's just perfect, I can't even describe him any other way ... It's like he's always been a part of our lives."

Despite the messy split, she says of James, "I really don't know how our paths will intersect in the future, but the father I have known Jesse to be ... is one that I hope Louis can experience one day, no matter how Jesse and I go on with our lives."

Jesse tells the magazine "I know in my heart that I can be the best father possible to my four children and the mate Sandy deserves, and realize that this is an incredible mountain to climb. But believe the steps I have taken in the last 30 days are the foundation to making this happen."

Sandra and Jesse have been married for almost five years.  He has three children from two previous marriages.

Story developing ...

Mikey

Black Babies: Hollywood's Hottest Accessory. Buy yours today.

TeamSandra

Sandra - I see a very happy life ahead of you with your beautiful new baby boy. As an adoptive mother myself, I know how fast and strong that baby bond is!

ralph

We all appreciate the good joke that she could have always adopted a little boy if that's what she wanted. But I'm just not convinced that right now is the best time for Sandra to be adopting.

She's had a terrible episode in her life with Jesse and a child isn't necessarily going to fill the gap of a husband, even an immature husband like Jesse is (or was).

We cannot deny that her dangerous ride with Jesse James was a decision made by the same person who is divorcing and adopting now. She looks more like she's on a career mommy-dearest track rather than a mommy track.

jolee

now the rest of the story!
i can see why jesse left this woman now???

ZR

Waow what a little cute baby this is !!!!!!! He's just gorgeous.
Good for her. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.
This JJ's loss all the way.
She will be better as time goes by. She will be wiser in the future. Love is blind !

Proud2bBlack

OOOOWEEEEE! That baby is so beautiful. Congratulations Sandra enjoy motherhood.

Bettsie

Wonderful for Sandra . I wish her all the best in life. She's such a great person and lots of fun. This is excellent for Sandra.

Stanley

Wow, a divorce and an adoption? Two stressful moves at one time.

Jen

Wow, TMZ...If you hadn't been so busy chasing the guy with the wind-blown hair around DC, you might have gotten the scoop first...

lala

I know a mexican lady that could not have children. She and her husband made a modest living her husband construction and she was a maid for many years for a hotel. One day she went to go clean a room and there lay a new born baby girl blond hair blue eyes.Turns out the birth mother was a drug addict. The mexican woman went through all she had to to adopt this little girl and did. The little girl is soo loved and funny she speaks spanish also and does very well in school.

TeamSandra

Sandra has had this darling baby in her home since January, after a four year wait. She is NOT going to give up her baby, because her husband cheated. She already had Louis with her and I am sure loves him.

yaya

That is one cute baby....he reminds me of Biggie Smalls. Maybe it's him reincarnated?? I wish her all the best!!

slaphappycretin

Harvey are you flogging your Staff for missing this one? giggles. Good for her and WHAT A COMEBACK!!

To Heidi and Spencer: Watch. Listen. Learn. If you want more press follow sandra bullocks career and any other celebrity in hiding. Keeping mum is what keeps us regular folk coming back to gossip pages to praise you.

TeamSandra

Stanley

Yes, adoption is stressful ,but nothing compared to the heartbreak of infertility. Sandra deserves to be a mom.

Susie-Q

I am very happy to hear of her moving on with her life. I feel she started the adoption process prior to the revelation of Jesse's cheating, so she is just continuing on. It is not a fill in for her. I am proud of her, and as for the baby being black "what is the color of Love?" it has none. Congrats to Sandra, and her new life. All the best to her. I can only hope Jesse learns the lesson of his lifetime!! Apparantly he is a good Father. IT is a shame they couldn't have worked it out.