Lindsay Lohan -- Bound for Jail

4/30/2010 4:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has violated the terms of her probation and is headed for a showdown in court next month that will almost certainly land her in jail.

Lohan -- who is on probation for DUI -- has not fulfilled the alcohol education requirement laid down by the judge ... TMZ has learned.

Judge Marsha Revel made it clear to Lindsay late last year, she must attend alcohol ed courses once every 7 days.  The only exception -- if she was in inpatient rehab.  And the judge was explicit ... if Lindsay did not comply with the terms of probation, she was going to jail.

0430_lilo_excerpt_01

The school in which Lindsay enrolled is required by state law to inform the court only if the student is MIA for 21 days.  So here's the disconnect: The school has not reported an attendance violation ... because Lindsay frequently waited until the 21st day to attend classes.

Bottom line -- Lindsay met the school's requirement, but squarely violated the judge's order.

We've learned what's going to come out at Lindsay's progress hearing on May 20 -- that she has habitually violated the judge's requirement to attend classes at least once every 7 days.

0430_lilo_small_doc_launchJudge Revel has made it clear to Lindsay -- no more chances.  If probation is violated, she's going to jail ... and probation was repeatedly violated.

We asked Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, for comment and received the following email:  "We have received no negative written report from the program and contend Ms. Lohan is therefore in compliance."  Good lawyering for sure, because -- as we just told you -- the program may not have a problem with Lindsay, but the judge is going to have a big problem.

KZinmetry

Maybe this is the reality check Lindsay needs. Having said that, I bet she worms her way out of it.

Adria

Good. It worked for Robert Downey Jr. Sometimes the prison system is the best parent those people have ever had.

trixR4kids

she's already giving head for coke money...look at that face, she's extra digusting

Spot

I thought that if you were in violation of the probation you could be vacated by a parole officer and arrested. When in custody you would be schgeduled for a hearing and the violation upheld or dismissed. Why would they wait until the next scheduled probation review to act?
I don't think there is a real violation and the prosecuitor knows it. This seems to me to be a character assination by TMZ, Harvey has been doing his best to destroy her for months.

Reggie in Atlanta

Can anyone say Dana Plato? This girl looks like she'll be dead within the year.

johnjohn

look its clear she is on a path to certain death .
so maybe she should go ahead and kill herself and we will be spared the endless news reports about her.
SHE IS A WASTE OF OXYGEN

Gioudigirl

I wish her the best success in becoming a healthy woman. sometimes it takes jail (and not these 20 min stays y'all seem good for) to realize everyone is not against you, but that you do have a problem. unfortuantely it is not against the law to be an addict.

UGLY @SS

She's so ugly the HAZMAT was called in to clean up after she was born.

Rita

Isn't this the picture from the court date in which she showed up an hour and a half late? Hung over much? Those are not crying eyes, they are I am late because I just got home!

maureen

I think this is a blessing in disguise. This girl needs an intervention (other than from her "father!") and I think jail is the only way that will happen!

Ernie

If Lindsay does go to jail she will find out quickly what a real jail she has been in out on the streets. Jail just might save her life and give her the opportunity to clean up and reflect. It will be time for her for some introspection (the self-observation and reporting of conscious inner thoughts, desires and sensations). And maybe... just maybe she will also see the Light!!! Which would be a real blessing to herself and those around her. There is hope for Lindsay and His name is Jesus!!!(the author and finisher of our faith)

#TeamLindsay

@ssl "First pic of LiLo in the daytime that I've seen in a while - it's very clear to me now. She's a vampire. Or a meth addict." - I guess you didn't get the memo. TMZ riffles through their photo archive to choose the worst pictures they can find of her. It's rarely if ever a current pic of her that's relevant to the story. That's the TMZ way, after all in the gossip world character assassination is what sells advertising.

@Spot - I agree. If her probation officer felt there was a serious violation they would have already issued an arrest warrant for her. Also whoever said there's been a HIPAA violation, i agree. if I were her i'd be filing a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services. Someone had to of leaked information on her treatment.

flip[wilson

Lindsay: (groggy voiced)What's that yer, honor? You what? No...yah..I'm listening... wha? No I can't make out what yer... what's that word? Yah the...the last one you said there... yah.... think it starts with J... yer given me tickets to a J Z concert? That is sooo cool... thank you...oh... don't yell... no I thought you said J-Z...wha? Jail? You're puttin' J-Z in jail? What he do? Huh? No I feel great... you know a little rough around the edges maybe... Hey! I am not a slut! No! Take that back, yer Honor! No you take it back... god! You are soooo F'ckin' rude. F-ya! F-ya! I'm outta here! You cannot put me in no jail! No F'n way... you just stick to your original plan and putt that big a-hole J-Z in the can... yah! What? Oh really? I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I?

Dumb Surfer Guy on TMZ "Knarly"

Can the judge give her and extended jail time for having so many ugly freckles?? That F***en Ginger!!!

Ghost

LOL "milka what?" and yet again, i must say : TRAINWRECK!!! Soo what of those TMZ reports of her flying to NYC? Issue a warrent!! Drag her ass back to LA for sentencing.....