Catherine Bach's Husband Found Dead

4/30/2010 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Peter Lopez -- the husband of Catherine Bach from "The Dukes of Hazzard" -- was just found dead in Los Angeles ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at Lopez's home in Encino at around 11:30 AM. Cops tell TMZ his death is being investigated as an apparent suicide.

Bach married Lopez -- who was one of Michael Jackson's music attorneys -- in 1990. They have two children together.

Story developing...

Darlene

May he rest in peace!!

Raven

RE:::10. I happen to be a friend of this family. Please pay your respects to Peter.. He had just had an amazing weekend and this breaks my heart. To his 3 children and wife Catherine, I am so sorry and I will pray for you..

Posted at 1:45 PM on Apr 30, 2010 by LinaGTUQ

geez, if you're a friend WTH are you even posting about it on TMZ? & what's up with the 'amazing wkend' spew? Couldn't've been all that great if he commits suicide shortly thereafter. Sorry, but I have little sympathy for selfish cruel cowards who off themselves without a thought as to the grief,heartache & questions they leave behind for others to be forced to deal with. Whatever crsap one has in their day to day, even major depression, its nothing compared to the horrid they leave for others. He had a family & was selfish to put them thru this kinda Hell. I have a hard time with RIP when the fact is, those left behind will never have that peace. Selfish act.....THE most selfish especially when you leave your children to spend a lifetime wondering 'didn't he love me enough to stay, wasn't I good enough, etc" yeah, been there & suicide is the act of a coward, period.

mcgavock

RIP

valleygirl

Peter was my first cousin though most of us (cousins, aunts, etc)haven't seen him in years. We wish Catherine and the kids our condolences. My heart goes out to my aunt and uncle who I know were very proud of him.

Lynne O"Brien

Feel very sorry for his wife Catherine and family, I used to watch the show when it was on, although it was a while ago. May he rest in Peace, Lynne

Michelle Yabko

Catherine, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are such a lovely person and don't deserve this heartache.
Hugs, Michelle ( Tae Bo)

Krisha

Very sad, but what does that have to do with MJ???

sunnyroberto

From the LA Times:

"LAPD sources told KTLA News that Lopez's wife, "Dukes of Hazard" actress Barbara Bach, told police that her husband had shot himself. Law enforcement officials said they have not determined an exact cause of death but are investigating it as a suicide. "

Bach told the police?? Hmm . .

Also from the article: "the Los Angeles Police Department received a call reporting shots fired. "

Notice the plural "shots".

They found his body outside the house. Doesn't it seem odd to commit suicide at 11:30AM on a Friday on your front lawn?? Let's wait for all the facts to come out.

REALUSION

this story so proves MJ is alive.

HOAX

DJ Juanito

This news is surreal! I've known Peter since 1995... Peter and I where a part of history with the creation of Universal Records! Peter negotiated my record deal with UMG IN 1995! We delivered Universal's 1st record EVER!!! I will definitely miss you Pete! My condolences to Catherine and daughters. Good Bye to the greatest Entertainment Attorney in Los Angeles!! DJ Juanito/Groove Nation

LongJohn69

He got a recent look at her wearing her old "Daisy Dukes". That sight would kill anyone.

annie2

Jeez, people, a family is ****tered tonight and all you can whine about is how she doesn't look like she did 25 years ago?? Damn.

annie2

I can't believe they now edit the word s-h-a-t-t-ered...fine, a family is destroyed? Better, TMZ?? Spare me.

Jim

It was murder, not suicide. And I know who did it: Roscoe P. Coltrane! We all know he was sweet on Daisy.

izilda

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Lopez to the California State Athletic Commission, which regulates boxing, and as the director of the California Exposition and State Fair Board.

apparently all was well with him
Why Suicide?
Michael hired Peter after he had
dismissed Branca
Did he know something?
Is really suicide?
Chandler, now Peter
What do you think of this?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments