Jaycee Lee Dugard Grabs Lunch

4/30/2010 3:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For the first time since surfacing last August after being kidnapped for 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard was spotted in public outside a Subway sandwich shop recently.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2

The mother of two turns 30 on Monday.

Glo

OMG Leave her alone! She's a victim not a celeb! This is soooo wrong!!!

Michele

I am done with TMZ. It's bad enough a photographer took this shot, but to post it??? Let her be. She didn't ask to be a "public" figure. It's because she was/is the victim of a horrendous crime that we even know who she is. Disgusting. This picture should be removed and Harvey, you should be ashamed. Later....

me

TMZ why don't you have your paps do volunteer work in tracking down probation violators and help monitor registered sex offenders so we can keep victims like Jaycee safe! Spend the time on that, and not on following her!

Jewels

TMZ & HARVEY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE this PHOTO!

AS mother of three, Jacyee DID not ask to be PHOTOGRAPHED! She not a celebrity of sorts-- SHE A VICTIM of a unspeakable crime of violation to a woman.

PLEASE REMOVE!

Pat

Lookin' Good. I do her.

Carlos

I love u TMZ but come on man !!! that's really not cool. Poor girl !! leave her alone. she's not a celebrity. whoever took that picture is an idiot !!!

kim

wow your low tmz leave the girl alone what the f is wrong with you.

Dinka

I see this hasn't been taken down yet. I will no longer be visiting TMZ.com or viewing their show until I hear that this "story" has been removed. I have posted this to my facebook as a LINK (with the associated press reference below) and I would be delighted if others did the same:

I am asking everyone to join me in a boycott of TMZ.

Today, TMZ published a "story" of Jaycee Lee Dugard as she left a local Subway. There is no need to go to the site - that's ALL there is to it. For those of you unaware, Jaycee was the 11 year-old girl who was kidnapped, repeatedly raped, bore two children without professional medi...cal care, and held against her will for eighteen years. She and her family have repeatedly asked for privacy from the media as they heal, until they can address public concerns on their own time.

Jaycee is not a TMZ "celebrity." She is a private citizen and a victim/survivor of horrific abuse.

If you agree with me, please repost this until TMZ removes their so-called "story" and issues an apology to Jaycee and her family for disregarding their wishes in such a rude and unnecessary way: she deserves privacy more than TMZ needs hits to their site.

John

Shut up to all those crazy people saying to leave her alone....

what happened to her should have never happened and I hope they kill this guy and all of that but

She has been going around and selling her story... Only a fool is going to feel bad... why because this was free?

commonSenseSays...

VERY POOR TASTE TMZ - remove this - surely you can find some celeb under a rock to photograph!

Michele

Hey 100, you're the moron. She did that article as a way to diffuse the attention. You give a controlled interview, put a few pictures out there and the public interest dies down. I seriously doubt that she expects to be photographed while leaving a subway and then have it posted online.

MeToo

I clicked on this because I think about her horrifying experience, and worry about my own children's safety.

I am conflicted. I am so happy to see her looking healthy and happy, but at the same time, she needs to know that she is a free woman, and is not being stalked or watch.

I am ashamed that I clicked the link, and I hope that you don't print any more of these Jaycee pictures. I assume, that unlike celebrities, Ms. Dugard had no intention of becoming a photographed like this.

Sincerely,
fan of TMZ

tilda

Wow, you hit an all time low!!! Leave her alone!!

Concerned

Victims of horrible crimes are not celebrities TMZ. Leave her alone and let her continue to settle into society as best she can. your posting this material only encourages others to follow your lead and it is repugnant.

MaryMac

Don't care if she did a spread in People, Us, In Touch or even Playboy for that matter...her terms...not ours...leave her ALONE!!!