Phillips to Cops:

Thanks for Arresting Me!

4/30/2010 1:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's one of the most remarkable turnarounds ever -- Mackenzie Phillips just had the slate wiped clean in her drug case -- and in court just moments ago, she thanked the police for putting her behind bars in the first place.

Phillips -- who was ordered to complete a drug diversion program back in 2008 -- had all charges against her dismissed.

She calls her recovery "the most rewarding time in my life ... It really just changed my life."

On her way out of court, Mackenzie had a few words of wisdom for Lindsay Lohan: "I hope she finds the strength within herself to get some help ... I had to go until I had to walk out with handcuffs on and I don't want to see that happen to her."

Mackenzie looks and sounds amazing.  Congrats!

Murf

Yea, they all quit using. Then the next think you hear ... they died of an overdose.

tori

Love Mac, keep up the good work!!!

ratched

Good for her! I wish her continued good health.

makefunofmyfriends

Love her! She is genuinely a good soul. I hope life continues to reward her. Amazing success story!

Sasafras

I remember her now, she was Richie Cunningham's girlfriend on Happy Days, and then went on to have sex with her dad, Schneider.

kickaboo

Good for you, Mackenzie. Keep up the hard work on recovering your life. Good advice for Lindsay, hopefully she takes it..she knows in her heart she is not well. Good Luck to Mackenzie.

J

Wow- first time she's not looked like a crack ho....

elle

It's great to see her looking so good! She's definitely a fighter and a great example for other people who battle addiction.

I don't think Lindsay L. has what it takes to recover. Especially with that mother.

andy

I think it's amazing, that so many people are willing to mock someone who has been through hell and back, and is trying to create some legitimate positive progress within their life. Every person typing a comment on TMZ, including me, would have embarassing elements of their background or life, that they would prefer not to be ridiculed or degraded about . . .

Rock Singer

Lots Of Love to you Mac..I'll be sober 20 years this June ..you can do it too.

Cathy

Good for her! So good to see a happy ending!

sickofit

I just don't get some of you posters. Here is a woman who has worked to get away from drug addiction. She has helped other people. She cares about her fellow person.
If any of the other crap you state and yell about all over TMZ is the truth, then you should celebrate her.

JLS

Wow, the crabby toxic posters have all arrived and are taking out their shabby lives on Mac. Sheesh, karma back at ya.

herbert83

just say no Makenzie I was gonna talk bad about you but one day is more than no days and drug addiction aint no mf joke it is sneaky, kiniving and always want to be your friend until it gets you then it is your worse enemy, keep up the good work

donna

MadKenzie you look of much better health and to have a source of peace. God bless you on your continued recovery and MacKenzie stay focused on the one true source of healing and love.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments