Phillips to Cops:

Thanks for Arresting Me!

4/30/2010 1:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's one of the most remarkable turnarounds ever -- Mackenzie Phillips just had the slate wiped clean in her drug case -- and in court just moments ago, she thanked the police for putting her behind bars in the first place.

Phillips -- who was ordered to complete a drug diversion program back in 2008 -- had all charges against her dismissed.

She calls her recovery "the most rewarding time in my life ... It really just changed my life."

On her way out of court, Mackenzie had a few words of wisdom for Lindsay Lohan: "I hope she finds the strength within herself to get some help ... I had to go until I had to walk out with handcuffs on and I don't want to see that happen to her."

Mackenzie looks and sounds amazing.  Congrats!

Ginger

I see all of McKenzie's friends and family are here. Mac looks so good because she had tons of surgery and botox and whatever else to look better. I don't have a problem with that, I'd do the same if I could. However she is the last person to be dishing advice to someone. She should just mind her own business.

Paddy

Yes, you bet. Congrats Mackenzie. We all know it's not anywhere near easy but you done it girl!!!!

c

Who is better preserved?: Mackenzie Phillips or Keith Richards

discuss

Paul

Good to see you back on our path ! I have fond memories of you from MOorpark and Chandler ! Paul G.

Moe Greene

She celebrated by finding a family member to blow.

ARTOFWAR

In reply to by andy.
You stated:
I think it's amazing, that so many people are willing to mock someone who has been through hell and back, and is trying to create some legitimate positive progress within their life. Every person typing a comment on TMZ, including me, would have embarrassing elements of their background or life, that they would prefer not to be ridiculed or degraded about . . .
-----------------------------------------------------
True, how true....
However, most of us have not had consensual sex with our biological fathers, much-less gone on to write a book about it for money.
Or maybe in your case you have, you never know these days.......Artofwar

Darlene

Yea!!!! Good for Mac!!

Elmer Flobbergob

Good for her. It's nice to see a success story.

mcgavock

Good for her.

Professor Obvious

I've always adored her. She is a woman of great character.

boogersarecool

Big fan of the Mamas and the Papas, don't care if the allegations are true or not. I wish this woman all the success in the world against her battle with drugs, I've seen firsthand (family members) what drug addiction can do to people. I gave my uncle a bass guitar he had coveted for years (he loves to play bass). Within 2 weeks, he pawned it to get heroin, which makes me sad because he was an awesome player. Now, he lives on SSI checks, and my mom pays all his bills so he doesn't spend the money. It doesn't stop him from doing drugs, but it does stop him from spending his utility money so he can keep surviving. Keep it up Mackenzie. I know I'm pullin' for ya, and anyone else out there trying to kick the habit.

CommonTater

Good for her. You GO Mac!

Irene

Every time I see her on a show she looks drugged up again. Still doesn't make any sense when she speaks. I hope she is clean and stays that way. Drugs destroy everyone they touch but I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like every time she says she is clean it is to promote something. Hard to believe her any more.

WTFReddit

WTF

Chuck

Good luck Mackenzie and best wishes. May the Lord Jesus continue to watch over you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4