Lindsay Lohan's Dad Going for Conservatorship

5/2/2010 9:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Michael Lohan will be back in L.A. Monday ... and he's telling people he'll start the legal ball rolling to create a conservatorship for Lindsay Lohan.

0502_michael_lindsay_lohan_EX

Lindsay is in NYC but refuses to see MIchael ... and daddy Lohan says it's now time.

As for a possible conservatorship, Lohan is telling people he'd gladly serve as the conservator but is open to someone else assuming that role.

Michael Lohan also says he does not want his daughter to go to jail. As TMZ first reported, Lohan is on the fast track for a jail cell because she has squarely violated the terms of her probation.  A court day of May 20 looms for Lindsay.

Michael wants Lindsay in rehab but not a traditional, group facility.  He wants to go the Brooke Mueller route -- a private home with lots of doctors.  What Michael isn't factoring in -- that type of rehab is bocu expensive and Lindsay is broke.

Diana

He can't get a conservatorship on her - she hasn't done anything wrong or put anyone in danger. Britney got a conservatorship put on her because she's a first-class psycho who was threatening to hurt her kids and herself. Lindsay hasn't threatened to hurt anyone and you can't throw someone in jail just because they're a drunk and like clubbing all the time and blow their money away (I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's not illegal or hurting anyone). There are plenty of people in real life wandering the streets who are far worse than Lindsay, but nobody's got a conservatorship on them. I guarantee you, this will fail. Besides, Lindsay's going to jail pretty soon.

Jane

Let her go to jail like every other normal person that pulls stunts like she does. Besides, she's talentless. Get a real job and pay your bill, Linds.

ann

He is taking a que from Brittney Spears dad. He gets a check for taking care of his daughters affairs. And since he has no job or talent of his own he need to leach of Lindsey. Sad

Liz

What ever happened to adults being able to live their lives the way they want. Do I think Lindsay has a drug or alcohol problem I don't know and I don't care. The one thing I do know is her father is a bottom feeder and if this does get to court I hope the Judge boots his ass right out of her life. The other thing is I think she must be strait because if not given the amount of press she gets her probation officer would have I am sure drug and alcohol tested her by
now.

Melanie

the problem on sites like this is that people don't actually understand what a conservatorship is and who it is actually for. it's supposed to be for someone who is incapacitated, who is unable to make decisions for themselves, usually do to declining health. Lindsay is perfectly capable of making decisions for herself, albeit crappy ones. People make crappy decisions like Lindsay all the time, every day, the difference is, that they aren't celebrities. We can't control celebrities simply because we don't like what they're doing. If they want to wreck their life, then they are as entitled to as any other non-celebrity person.

Gene

What ever happened to being legally independent at the age of 18, or even 21 for that matter. I may not like what my kids are doing, or how they are living their lives, but they are free to make their own choices. If they end up in Jail, which Lindsey should, then so be it, that's a wake up call if they wish to answer it, if not well, then they end up spending more time in prison or else they grow up and fly straight.

Ernie

Here is a statement used at a very popular substance abuse residential treatment center. It has to do with taking a Daily Moral Inventory. We can all learn from this "bombshell" ....

“Today is the first day of the rest of your life,” so don’t mess it up by allowing any of the problems from yesterday, to invade your serenity today. Look at your actions and attitudes from the perspective of distance (24 hours). Do not try to go back any further than that. You can’t change the past, but you can keep it from contaminating our present and future. Be careful to look more at your own reactions and attitudes than other people’s failures and problems. Remember the BOMBSHELL:
1. I cannot change other people by direct action.
2. I can only change myself.
3. Others have a tendency to change in reaction to my change.

anonymous

Micheal Lohan is the last person who should be taking a conservatorship of His daughter... He isnt stable and a judge would see that in a heart beat.

Natasha

It's not bocu, it's beaucoup.

pat

The word that you spell "bocu" is a French word and is spelled "beaucoup" and it means "a lot".
You're welcome.

goldfinger

WHO GIVES A DAM

CtChix

This is the thing, its fine if she wants to go out and party yes I guess you could call it a right of passage. Its one thing to party its another to party with the hard stuff. We have lost way to many talented actors because of poor judgement when its comes to mixing drugs!!!

The Ugly Conductor

That's like watching a Chinese fire drill.

Yolanda

I don't really follow her career, but her father seems to be part of the instigation for her excessive drug use. Her father is currently engaged to her old friend just a couple years older, and the parents were these relentless stage parents, who even got a reality show of their family's life. Who could really develop a normal identity that way.

Zambonie

mostly I'm tired of seeing this losers massive face everytime I come to TMZ.
TMZ, cut this deadbeat off. Quit paying him for his fabricated drama.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments