Bret Michaels -- Making An 'Amazing Recovery'

5/3/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_tmz_brett_michaels_EX10Bret Michaels continued to make tremendous progress in his recovery this weekend -- and one source close to the singer tells us the whole thing is nothing short of "amazing."

We're told Bret was "very aware" and in a "good mood" this weekend during an evaluation with a specialist -- the singer was even described as "somewhat talkative."

It's a major improvement from the "critical" state Bret was in after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem back on April 23 -- a condition that can often be fatal if not treated quickly by experienced professionals.

sandy

I do want to address the funniest thing I have heard in the last twenty five years. urbusted, you are so bizarre, I mean it.
You have had the nerve to say to me, "put down the bottle", are you totally insane, have you an education beyond sixth grade, from the way you communicate, or try to communicate it is hard to believe you are employable anywhere. If Bret is going to be on tv or stage or wherever by the end of the month...then it is a 100% fact he did not have the medical event that was reported. No sorry soul it is not my opinion, it is FACT. Any reputable, professional, educated, decent, highly respected physician that has extensive experience with this reported medical event knows exactly what Brets condition is.

sandy

OMG, this is so so hysterical. Who is this idiot urbusted. Read the reports, he is happy, talkative, in a wonderful mood, claiming to be going on stage singing soon, appears to have no feeding tube as the extreme majority if not all of these patients who were described as having a MASSIVE hemmorage have had, breathing from day one on his own. Going back to the stage at the end of the month. I do think it is being reported he is fine. Again, this is not what I think. I have quoted true medical journal facts on the books regarding the absolute outcome of an injury such as has been reported. Again, he is doing so well, has no reason to be in ICU, which is for critical patients, not for patients that are doing amazingly well. FYI my husband does not need 24 hour care, but obviously, as has been reported for years in the medical journals regarding this exact event, is disabled. If Bret is not disabled then he did not have the event that was reported, plain and simple. How very bizarre to say noone cares what I think. I don't think anything...the statements I have written all along are true facts that any doctor that has any proper medical education and qualifications, ethical and moral professional standards will agree with each and every statement I have ever made. I predict all of a sudden Bret will be said to have taken a turn for the worse, if his doctors and family see no improvement to what they are seeing now. Only patients in CRITICAL, LIFE IN JEOPARDY, situation are in ICU. He then must be in a regular room. It is no wonder why things are as they are, with the people here that are so uneducated, gullible, ignorant, misinformed, obviously cannot read what is actually being said, refusal to admit the doctors that have reported on this exact situation for years have intelligence, education and extreme knowledge of this from an amount of patients that proves the outcome of such without a shadow of a doubt.

urbusted

hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahha...you just keep going on and on.....you are so funny, Sandy, thanks for the laugh. LOL

Frankie

I"m a 67 year old grandma and really enjoy hearing you. Watched your Rock of love and cel app. How your back on your feet again soon, Now you have a good reason for the bandana.

sandy

OMG I don't know how the rest of us can get through the day with having to put up with numbskulls all the time. Fool, please point out where I ever said this was a publicity stunt and this was all made it. If you cannot read and understand what you are reading do not comment to me, go back to school and try again.
I am NOT being negative. Just FACTUAL. Yes every case is different in a massive stroke and hemmorage. But it is a 100% FACT, there is ALWAYS IN EVERY CASE disabilities, if this is what has truely occurred. FACT THAT NOONE HERE OR IN THE HOSPITAL OR ANYWHERE THAT ANYONE CAN EVER CHANGE. I am not saying he is so fine, sitting in the ICU happy and talking and planning concerts. These are the reports from who knows who and anyone with half of a brain knows that is a bunch of crap. From the reports, it certainly does suggest he is out of the woods. Anyone with any intelligence whatsoever knows this is not true. If the reports are correct he would be in a regular room or out of the hospital. Anyone that has a fifth grade education can understand this. Also, since he is in reported amazingly astounding condition, I certainly do think he should invite one pure moment to tell the public he is fine. He is a celebrity, everyone is concerned, since he is so wonderfully good there is no reason I can see why he would not say simply, he is ok, period. No he does not owe anyone anything, but I would think due to the seriousness of the event and his miraculous recovery he would be more than glad to just simply make one small statement to his fans. Get off his case is what a real idiot has said to me. Did you graduate ever?? I am in no way on anyones case, stating medical FACTS that cannot be disputed by anyone is just simply that, just facts. Why don't you start reading up about this subject and then you will be the one that will STFU.

I fit into my bikini!

Don't comment to you, Sandy?? Really?? are you kidding me, you're begging for it with your statements of how if he's so healthy now he should get on tv and address his fans,etc, etc..why do you want him to do that? who the hell are you to think if he's doing so much better than he can get on tv and make a commentary?? why? for your smug satisfaction?? Get the eff over yourself and quit trying to prove how knowledgeable you are on this subject. NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK. you're comment above, "since he is so wonderfully good there is no reason I can see why he would not say, simply, he is ok,period." First of all..wonderfully good? yeah, your sarcasm isn't too noticeable, directed towards a man who is lucky to be alive you low life stupid biotch, second of all, just because he is not getting on tv and making a statement...SO WHAT!!!!! That doesn't prove anything, he does not have to do that nor would I expect him to! Bret's first obligation is to his family and getting thru this, making sure he will be around for his kids, NOT GETTING ON THE DAMN TV TO MAKE A COMMENT ON HIS CONDITION TO PLEASE OBNOXIOUS, CLOSED-MINDED, NEGATIVE SO CALLED FANS LIKE YOU. You can't wait for the next update so you can jump on here, all big and bad behind your computer, and give us your play by play take on things. You're sickening. Go away and yes, again, STFU. You know not of which you speak. I had a friend almost die in a car accident, was given last rights and had 10x the pressure on his brain than what is considered normal. He was given last rights and pulled thru. It can be done. That is why I don't believe the worst of what can happen to Bret with this brain bleed. He survived the first critical week, not safe yet but still kicking and thank God for that! Y can't u just be happy for him and if there is talk of a tour or whatever, so be it. leave it alone! why must u get on here and start with your obnoxious sarcastic comments towards him. You are no fan of his..you are the worst kind, take your negativity and your "knowledge" and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I am grateful he is around another day, whether he will be disabled or not, remains to be seen but so far, HE IS ALIVE. That is all I care about. I don't expect anything from him as I am not a family member, girlfriend, whatever. If he tours in next month, wonderful. Good for him. If not, so what? I will not be on here, unlike you, saying told you so. How empty and pathetic your life must be to feel the need to spend wasted time on TMZ fighting with people you don't know over the condition of a man that you don't personally know. Famous man, yes. Still any of your business as to why he is not running in front of a camera explaining his condition??? HELL NO. Famous does not equal your right to know everything, let his family have some privacy and keep your stupid, UNEDUCATED, SMALL MINDED REMARKS TO YOURSELF. God forbid, he takes a turn for the worse, what then? will you be jumping for joy saying told you so??? you pathetic cretin, you would take pleasure in that. You are no fan of his. If you were, you would just be grateful he opened his eyes this morning. No one is disputing he has a long road ahead of him, we know that. No one knows the damage that will remain. Who knows. Quit trying to knock down every positive statement, U DON'T KNOW. U must be a joy at parties. killjoy. oh, and yes, again..STFU.

urbusted

To "I fit into my bikini!"-

You are absolutely right. She's crazy and best ignored. At first she was kinda funny, rambling on, making a fool of herself, but I think it's best we don't "encourage" these psycho rants anymore. She makes no sense, doesn't have a grasp of reality, and doesn't seem to understand what anyone says. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Obviously she's a bit delusional and has some kind of an issue. Best left alone. Actually it's kinda sad, that must be a horrible way to go through life. Hope she gets some help.

Prayers for Bret!
Press conference is today.

twilightmom

Aww man...I missed a good time in here today! I fit into my bikini-yeah, she has a job. But its too classified to tell on the internet. Lol. CIA or something? Maybe FBI- eh...whatever.
I missed the news conference- but I guess he's been discharged to lesser care. That's awesome! Good for you Brett!

twilightmom

From todays (Tue. 5/4) news conference:
Michaels is still in critical condition, but his doctor says “I really expect that he will make a 100 percent recovery,”
Dr. Zabramski, who is in charge of the team taking care of Michaels, said the Poison front man is one of only 10-20 percent of the people who suffer a brain hemorrhage to “make a full recovery and resume their activities.”  After a third angiogram, the first two of which came out negative, Michaels will no longer be in critical condition. That could happen as early as Thursday.

“He’s aware of everything going on,” and the doctor says Bret’s blood vessels are completely normal and “in general he takes very good care of himself.” And, “He has no higher risk of having a repeat hemorrhage.”

Alright! Still some more work, but OT, PT will make him stronger. Best wishes to Bret and his family!

YO! Dipschitz

Glad to see the human race is still human... NOT. Who the hellll are these people that are saying this is a PR stunt? Uhhh.. morons.. his docs had news conferences and x-rays of the hemorrage. Next thing we know, you clown will say this is part of the JFK conspiracy. Someone was near death, and you *******S have the audacity to question it. WOW!!! Has our society sunk that far into the hell-hole? He was in THE best hospital for neurological disorders... hmmm.. brain problems.. maybe you jaded buttfarts need to check in to that hospital to determine if you have ANY brain activity. Idiots

shirliana

BRET - MY FAMILY HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU (AND AS WELL FOR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS) AND HAD A MASS DONE FOR YOU AS WELL WHEN WE HEARD THAT YOU WERE AT THE HOSPITAL.

YESTERDAY, WHEN WE HEARD FROM YOUR DOCTOR THAT YOU WERE RELEASED, MY FAMILY MEMBERS WERE FOCUSED SO MUCH ON WHAT YOUR DOCTOR WAS SAYING, WE ALL SAID **OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED AND THANK YOU GOD** FOR ALLOWING BRET TO BE WITH US AND ** PROVIDE HIM WITH ALOT OF STRENGHTS ** AND WE HAVE SEEN YOU ON THE APPRENTICE AND LET ME TELL YOU, *** YOU ARE DOING A AWESOME JOB***.

WE DO HOPE THAT MR. TRUMP WILL HIRE YOU AS HIS APPRENTICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE DEMONSTRATED SO MANY ** STRONG SKILLS **, ** STRONG WORK ETHICS ** AND ** YOU ARE THE MOST HONEST ONE IN THERE ALONG WITH CURTIS **.

GET WELL SOON BRET...

LOVE YOU BUDDY

sandy

What a bunch of nuts. I am done trying to put education and true undisputed facts to people that truly have no intelligence whatsoever. Bret has been released from the hospital to an undisclosed location. Yes, they do send you to a nursing home or rehab center for who knows how long. I suppose if he does not after a long time recover to the point of this claim of 100% nomal after his stay at these places...it will then be said he had another stroke I am sure to explain all of his disabilities. It is amazing to claim Bret is one of those that will recover fully. How this can be ever said at this point is so bizarre it is insulting to the intelligent people of the world. For Bret in his wonderful normal perfect condition to come on tv and say I am good is not being nasty at all, why not, he is fine. What is disgusting are those that think and want him to be jumping around on stage ever again. For the creeps on here, screw you. Bret is disabled, it just remains to be seen when it will be told to anyone.

Steve Workman

Bret you came to Great Falls Montana this past summer and played a Rocken show! I enjoyed it as did my wife, son and daughter. At the end of the show you promised that you would return to Great Falls the following year to do another show. No presure or nothing intended. I just want you to know that you are in mine and my families prayers and we are very much anticipating your return to Great Falls, so continue to get well and we will continue to pray for you. Your spirit and misic is what keeps rock n role in our hearts.

Steve

grace

YO! Dipschitz

Hey Sandy your test results came back. it's worse than we thought. not only is there no brain activity in your cranium, but there is a stone where your heart is supposed to be. why WHY WHY do you want to crush people's dreams or beliefs ? isnt the world cruel enough ? if people want to believe God answers prayers, and that miracles happen, and people can be truly thankful for good things that happen.... then WHY WHY do you enjoy being debbie downer ? if you want to talk about intelligence, join mensa. you want, and enjoy, tearing down people that have heart, faith, and enjoy stories with happy endings. I'm sorry that something in your life has made you mean and nasty. but really you can change and be a better person. i wont respond to you anymore. i feel sorry for you. i hope one day that a little sunshine creeps in your heart and warms your soul.

as far as Brett. God Bless you Brett. keep on, keepin' on. your little angels need their daddy. you are given a gift to use to inspire others. your work ethic is exceptional, but take care of you.

remember, the steelers and western pa need you to get healthy.. and represent! = )

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments