Allred to David Boreanaz: Pay Up or Else!

5/3/2010 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Boreanaz went public today with his extra-marital affair after Gloria Allred contacted Boreanaz' lawyer and demanded six figures ... sources tell TMZ.

David admitted to PEOPLE mag he had a relationship with a woman -- NOT RACHEL UCHITEL -- but "She asked for money.  I felt as though I was being blackmailed...."

TMZ knows what went down.  We're told Boreanaz had a short-term relationship with the woman -- one source says they hooked up "2 or 3 times."  Sources say he started paying her money -- several thousand dollars here and there -- but she began demanding more, threatening to go public with the affair.  Boreanaz then confessed the affair to Jaime Bergman, his wife of 9 years.

Enter Gloria Allred, who reps the mistress.  Allred contacted Boreanaz' lawyer -- legal pit bull Marty Singer -- and demanded 6 figures.

Boreanaz then blunted the attack by going public with his affair.  He has refused to pay the mistress another cent.

UPDATE:  Gloria Allred just told TMZ what we told you yesterday ... Rachel Uchitel was not the woman who tried getting $$$ out of Boreanaz.

0504_gloria_greatest_300

wvmama

What a pig!!!! and I'm talking about Ms. Allred. It's about time somebody put that money grubbing, unethical, slime sucking B***H in her place!

Sonja

I don't get it... the slut having the affair with married man gets to sue for ... what, ... exactly? Wear and tear?...miles used?? ... seriously what is the bases for a monetary payment other than 'keep your mouth shut'??? Is it a you broke it you buy it thing???? LOL I wanna know... I could use some money!!!

Rooster

Wow... IF that slime bag could have practiced law a few hundred years ago, would she have repp'ed the Morrocan Pirates?

TheEyes

HOW IS THIS LEGAL? JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LAWYER ASKING FOR YOU? CAUSE I'LL STARTING GETTING A PI... GET PICTURES... GET ALLRED... BINGO, I AM RICH!

viper1st

Granted, Obama's economy is **** - but, is the new way of making a living, sleeping w/a $$$$ endowed male celebrity and then having
Gloria Allred extort a financial settlement to allow the Whore/Prostitute/Mistress a retirement portfolio?

lw

Gloria Allred is the female lawyer equivalent of Jerry Springer. Only she could figure out a way to extort legally....on behalf of trash women. She's all class, that one.

jester

gloria allred is nothing more than a whore herself!!!!!!! she sickens me to no end. she deserves nothing good in her life. she is a piece of s**t. she should go away......

Tammy

Gloria Allred should be locked up she's nothing more than a madam for all these woman who can't keep their legs close.

Cravin Morehead

I can't believe no one on here has mentioned who it is. The mistress is Rachel Uchitel...Tiger Woods "Mistress No. 1" and the one who shook him down for millions. Glad this guy isn't going to allow Gloria Allred to extort and shake him down too. What a terrible excuse for a lawyer and worse human being!!!

me not you

I'm disappointed in him, especially because his dad is a beloved news weatherman here in Philly - his having an affair reflects badly on his dad. And WTF is with Allred these days? No wonder her own daughter doesn't speak to her anymore. Boreanaz should try to get her disbarred for extortion, that's what it sounds like to me.

Shena

Sucks that he cheated, but good for him for not allowing that bottom feeder to clean him out.. oh, or allowing the skank he slept with to get anything else out of him. Also, it is much better that he go to his wife and talk to her rather than she read it on TMZ.

Kim

If it didn't say "Esquire" after her name, she would be in jail for EXTORTION. An attorney friend once told me "It's so easy to become a criminal when you're an attorney". Now I see that to be true. Good for David Boreanz for not putting up with her s*&t

Greg

From ambulance chaser to accomplish in extortion... allegedly.

Geo

Something thats a little unclear.

It says that he felt he was being blackmailed so he told his wife. This I assume was when she was trying to get money from him during their affair, then he stopped and told his wife. These rumors about Rachel Uchitel have been around for a while. Maybe his wife already knows and has known since he told her back then, and he went public with it now like David Letterman did so he could control it. It doesn't say that it was recent though. Did that make sense?

Either way, he had an affair, which is wrong, but its between him and his wife. This attorney is despicable though. I don't see how this can be legal.

JMcIntosh

Good for him! It's awful that he cheated on his wife, but people make mistakes... the wife can forgive him if it's this once and she loves him enough. But to get extorted? Ridiculous! The woman wants money for having had sex with a man? Don't they call that prostitution??? This is a new low, even for Allred.