'Bruno' Bingo Lawsuit

Accuser Is a Loser

5/5/2010 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron Cohen scored a crushing victory over the woman who accused him of sabotaging her bingo game back in 2007 and causing her serious emotional damage in the process -- all for a scene for the movie "Bruno."

050410_sacha_bingo_ex
The judge in the case not only ruled against the bingo lady -- Richelle Olson -- he also ordered the accuser to fork over $17k to pay for all of Team Bruno's attorney's fees.

As TMZ first reported, Olson wanted more than $25,000 in damages -- claiming Cohen, in full Bruno character, wreaked havoc at her Palmdale, CA bingo game back in 2007 and ordered his camera crew to attack when she tried to take his mic away.

Olson later changed her story and claimed she was never beaten, just merely emotionally damaged from Cohen's use of "vulgar" language ... a story that didn't quite add up according to legal papers, filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

As for any footage that was shot during the encounter, the Bingo scene was ultimately cut from the movie.

S

Wow, she was trying to get $25k and now she has to pay HIM $17k! I knew her story sounded fishy, he never even has to try to make people look bad in his films- they do it themselves!

I wish there were some way for me to see that footage though, I'll bet her freak out was hilarious.

<3 S.B.C!!!

kromen

Good for Sasha! Let this be a lesson to all of these smarmy, can't take a joke, losers. 17k in Lawyer fees? Whoooooooooo.

David

I want to see the scene so bad! Sacha is awesome!

lilian

i know some more interesting games it's to exchange photos with strangers, that's really interesting and easy, if you are interested in it you may email me at lilian@ipal.com

hehe

omg how awesome is this judge? so tired of all the frivolous lawsuits these days. maybe some day he can come across a laura allred case and give her an epic smack down

Tony

It was cut out? even after the publicity? I wanna see the scene! I actually still haven't seen the movie. Is the scene on the DVD?

joe

She should have called Allred. Would have received, minimum, "six figures"!!!

c

Im emotionally damaged by this story, anyone got Gloria Alreds #?

electriczipper

if that had happened in florida he would have gotten the death penelty,,,,those old people dont fool around about bingo

electriczipper

she can work if off by being in his next movie,,she looks pretty hot

Sonja

Ouch 17k? I hope they do the same thing to that Celebrity Whore suing men for 'wrongs' to her by not paying her off to keep silent about sex she had with them.

Hench

Good - We need enforce penalties for frivolous lawsuits tying up the courts..Things are getting completely ridiculous out there..I think it's great she has to shell out $ 17k..good job Judge..The same should apply to Alred's clients and her..She needs to vanish that dirtbag (she ain't no lady)..

unholy

I hope she pays for her sins

Antwone

I'm glad she lost, though that doesn't make Cohen's pathetic movie any funnier.

Booshy

Good for him :) I loathe people like her. Ha-Ha. I hope she is actually forced to pay him and it does not end up being just a judgement which is no better than having a blank piece of paper really.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments