« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hasselbeck

Cries an Apology to

Erin Andrews

5/5/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck launched into full-on waterworks mode on "The View" this morning to issue a public apology to Erin Andrews for cracking a really bad joke at her expense yesterday.

0221_media_removed-1
Hasselbeck took all sorts of heat yesterday after she made a comment suggesting that Erin's creepy convicted Peeping Tom should have dropped the hidden camera act ... because he could have seen "a little bit less – without the prison time" just by watching "Dancing with the Stars."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sonia

Her kid is smarter than she is; great for ratings I guess; never mind all the people she offended by her stupid remark yesterday. Always has to be against the grain our dear Elizabeth. I personally can't watch the show anymore because of her.... View Master; do something about her;;;;

Dan

And the Academy Award for fake apology of the year..... Elisabeth Hasselbeck...

Amazing how many times this stupid woman sticks her foot in her mouth. She's great on the View as the comic foil for everyone... It's great to see her stupidity played out everyday.

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a loathsome woman. I truly do not understand why she has a job. There are many conservative women who are cute & intelligent. Why does The View put up with the detestable Elisabeth Hasselbeck? I don't watch the show because of her.

c

She is a MORON. I don't understand how idiots like her get or keep a job.

Pat

I'm no fan of Elisabeth Hasselbeck but why do these women on the View have to apologize everytime they offend someone? If it was a bunch of men I bet they would be able to say whatever they wanted. And if it is Barbara Walters making them say sorry isn't that the whole premise of the show? Different women with different opinions, or "views" hello?

please

People need to lighten up, anything she says wrong is going to be
portrayed ten times worse than it was.

Heidi

I cannot stand her and I don't watch the show because of her. She's a moron.

OscarP17

Hasselbeck's act is getting very old. Several times a year she sticks her foot in her mouth, says something that both conservatives and liberals find highly offensive and then she turns around in a day or two and gives a tearful apology!

Can't they find another conservative female who has more intelligence than this woman? I have conservative friends who can't stand her and complain she doesn't speak for them.

jguzmanmusic

hahahaha if she was smarter she would own it because erin andrews is a dumb ****, anyone who thinks what this fake dumb bimbo said was offensive, check this out **** YOU BITCH SUCK MY **** YOU ****ING LOSER and then give me a ******* while i smoke a bowl with your grandma

Melissa Velasco

ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS HER CLAIM TO FAME????? SHE WAS ON SURVIVOR?????????? THEN SHE MARRIES A FOOTBALL PLAYER??????? PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. NEXT THEY WILL PUT GOSSLIN OR OCTOMOM ON AS A HOST.

sandtime

At least she has the heart to realize her mistakes & apologize. A lot of people have forgotten that humans are not perfect. I cry if I realize I made a joke or a comment that did not better someone or made them the butt of my joke. I do not find it self gratifying hurting others, intentional or unintentional. From some of the comments I read, some of you need to stop & think about the hurtful words you used & apologize. What goes around comes around.

Dibs

The comment she made was insane, who gives a **** if it came from a Democrat or a Republican. Enough of this political ****. Elizabeth is a ****wit period, republican or democrat she'd be an idiot either way.

Elizabeth is a moron who by sheer luck landed a TV job that pays her more than she could ever earn in the real world. She should thank God she has never suffered a rape or a man stalking her. So are we to dress like an Amish women if this ever happens to us?

viper1st

Immediately, tie liz's tubes!! No one this stipud should be allowed to procreate.

OscarP17

Making her original comments even stupider is that they were hypocritical.

I seem to recall when she was on Survivor that she was dressed in a rather skimpy way at times.....

Nonnie

Once an idiot, always an idiot. I can't stand this bitch. I hoped yesterday that when she opened her mouth regarding Erin, that she would get some flack for it. Hello Airhead are you there? ABC signs your paycheck you dumb blond, as well as the dancers on DWTS's paycheck. "You don't **** in your own backyard." I find it hysterically funny that her 5 year old "solved her problem." That must mean that Hasselbecks IQ is lower than a 5 year old's IQ because EH couldn't think of the solution herself. If I were ABC and/or Bill Getty or Barbara Walters I would have fired her ass yesterday. Actually, I never would have hired her in the first place.