« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hasselbeck

Cries an Apology to

Erin Andrews

5/5/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck launched into full-on waterworks mode on "The View" this morning to issue a public apology to Erin Andrews for cracking a really bad joke at her expense yesterday.

0221_media_removed-1
Hasselbeck took all sorts of heat yesterday after she made a comment suggesting that Erin's creepy convicted Peeping Tom should have dropped the hidden camera act ... because he could have seen "a little bit less – without the prison time" just by watching "Dancing with the Stars."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LINDA LEOS

She is like the rest. Whoopi that called Kate a bitch & Barbara Walters that is so conscious about Germs Hmmm?? Funny how she picks & chooses who she will hug. Like Mr. Big Rich Donald Trump & his wife yet others she reaches out to shake hands as she always mentions about germs. I use to record their show & I will not anymore. I know a lot of people do not like Kate but, What right does Whoopi have to call her a bitch as she was talking about the dancing. Scanless I think. I have now cancelled my recordings because I do not want to hear anything any of them have to say anymore.

sherylb

She's a BYATCH!! Super opinionated and it's about time her mouth got her into trouble AGAIN. She is really nothing but a "reality tv star" because she was on Survivor and then married a football player. Too much money with nothing to do. I think Whoopie should have taken her out right there. SNAP! And we'd be done with her! Barbara looked embarASSed....and Joy should have cracked a joke. UGH!

Seanow

Bizarrely exaggerated apology.

A simple "Sorry" and acknowledgment that the comment was in poor taste would have sufficed.

It's weird how the apology is a bigger deal than what was originally said.

Brooke

She's a stupid bitch. She was so horrible to say it was Erin's fault! She was fake crying and everyone know's it.

GL

Hassellbeck is nothing but a cry baby. Grow up for goodness sake!!!

Mel

Good Lord she's such a tool, how does she keep her job?? she's so unprofessional and comes across as a TWIT

OSW

Both the original comments and the so called apology was planned. It's all done for ratings. That is it.

Wake up people.

Elizabeth is a class act

Elizabeth has millions of fans in middle America, where we hold our values dear. We appreciate that she has a big heart and always tries her best to let her 'light' shine.

For all of those who do not appreciate her, then who really cares? There are zillions of us who on the other side of the fence. And never the twain shall meet...or so it would seem.

Carpe Diem...and all that jazz!

gayle

OK, i CANNOT STAND THAT STUPID IDIOTIC BITCH, Elizabeth!!! She is soooooooo annoying!! All of those tramps on that show are idiots except for Joy Behar!!! Seriously...you have to cry on the air over something as stupid as that??? Enough with the dramatic acting chick!!! We see through your phony balony BS!!!!!!!!!

Debs626

This woman is such a phoney, yeah I bet those tears were real (sic)
Cannot stand her big mouth.

Sky

I stopped watching The View years ago, because I can't stand Elisabeth. She's an idiot! Thank God Joy has her own show on CNN HLN, as she was my favorite host on The View anyway.

SuzyCreamCheese

Yo Big Elisabith fan it's EliSabeth no EliZabeth. Not a Class Act, a Foot in the mouth Idiot!!!!

Cathy

It is good Elizabeth owned up to her mistake. Andrew's has the right to on with her life and live it as a victum. But to tell the truth..... my first gut feeling was the same as Elizabeth.

Cathy

Correction: Not live it like a victum

heyheyheygoodbye

Elisabeth Hassel**** is a total ****ing bitch!