Michael Jackson's Dad to be Deposed

5/7/2010 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's dad will be deposed by Jackson's estate lawyers some time next month in his bid to receive an allowance from the estate.

Michael Jackson's Dad Joe Jackson to be Deposed

As we first reported, Joe Jackson filed a claim against the estate last year in an effort to get a monthly check from the estate.

According to documents filed earlier this week, Joe will sit down with Michael's attorney at a date to be determined "between June 1, 2010 and July 1, 2010."

Both sides will then go back to court some time after August 1.

Daphne

7. The Jackson 5 and Michael would have never existed without Joseph. He is old and likely to die soon. Why not give him a little? There is more money than the kids could ever need. Everyone else is making money off the estate of MJ. Come on have a heart people!

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 7, 2010 by marson

I agree, simply because he is MJ's elderly father. But I thought I read an article in Calgary, Canada, that the estates were going to give him an allowance, and that he refused to take it. Wonder if he wants to negotiate for more $$$.

LaToya Jackson

Michael didn't owe him one cent.. Don't give him the time of day

Knockers De Clown

Do these blow up shoes make my butt look FAT?

shamon

Oh give the guy a little something....MJ wouldn't mind at this point. The estate is ranking in more than enough money to keep MJ3 going forever. It's not gonna hurt to give Granpa an allowance. Just don't make it a gate way for all of MJ's siblings and their offspring to make a money grab.

SO.....what is up with the Murray, Klein, etc....investigation anyway?

RIP MJ
XOXO

LaToya Jackson

If Michael wanted to give joe any money he would have. He didn't and thats that .. Sorry Joe

Cathy

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 7, 2010 by marson
**************************************************************

This is how I feel as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of The Hawk, and I'm certainly glad he wasn't MY father, but I think Michael would say oh hell, throw him some $$ if that's what he wants. Michael loved his father, and I believe that Joe loved him too, although he had a strange way of showing it. Their relationship was strained and dysfunctional, and Joe could have done a better job, but honest to God if Michael was standing in the middle of the street and a truck was coming, I think Joe would've stepped in and taken the hit instead. I think if Joe could've traded places with Michael on the morning of June 25, 2009, he would have.

herbert83

hate to say it but if anyone deserves it his daddy does, dumb-asses, he made Michael Jackson morons, go papa Joe....

LunaticFringe

I think that if a monthly allowance is that important to Joe then Michael (if he were here to comment) would say, "oh, give it to him!" I really do. I know most will disagree, and that's fine, but this is my opinion. Michael had a good heart and in spite of Joe's treatment of him, he did love his father. And in his own weird way, I think Joe loved Michael as well. Perhaps more than any of us will ever know. Bottom line? I say throw him some money if that's what he wants. It won't affect the kids - that well will never run dry.
Posted at 12:52 PM on May 7, 2010 by Cathy

@Cathy...
Joe does have an allowance. His allowance right now is $15,000 a month I believe. Joe is negotiating to receive more. Michael said himself in the secret recorded phone conversations, that
Joe is always begging him for money and blowing it on bad deals and investments. If Joe hasn't changed his ways, why should Michael's estate support his bad business deals. That money belongs to the kids and Katherine and the charities Mike was associated with. JJ shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. He gets $180,000 a year for doing nothing!

Marie

Joe Jackson should get some money from his son's estate to take care of himself because at his age he cannot work.I believe Joe Jackson does really love his son Michael very much even though he physically and emotionaly abused him as a child because he was ignorant on how to raise children back then.

wasup

NO! This guy molested his kids, beat them, & is just the most disgusting, vile man you could ever meet. He is the reason the kids have so many problems & keep changing themselves. Michael made it a stipulation that his Mom would have to kick out Joe if she wanted guardianship of his kids & made it very clear that Joe was to get NOTHING.

Kathy

To begin with I believe the will is a fake. We don't know if Michael would of wanted his Father to have any of his money or not. John Branca and John McClain are taking care of Michael's money with a fake will. The will says signed in Los Angeles on July 7, 2002 and Michael was in New York doing his campaign against Sony and Tommy Mottola on that day. Reverend Al Sharp was with Michael in New York. The will is a FAKE.

Cathy

@LunaticFringe I was not aware that Joe was already receiving an allowance from the MJ estate. When did this happen? And yes, I've heard the phone conversations. Michael always ended up making sure Joe was taken care of -- even if he did it through Katherine. No, I don't think Joe should squander the money (I don't believe that's what Michael would want), but I also don't think a token allowance for him will in any way affect the kids' inheritance. Again, that well will never run dry - Michael made sure of that a long time ago. If Joe is already receiving something, then I don't think he should get more.

anonymous

Crazy Joe already gets $$$$ from Katherine. He is just mad because Mike left him out on the will and will stop at nothing to make sure he gets something.

moe l.

Is Joe even Michael's dad? They look nothing alike.

Cheryl A.

NO NO NO NO NO! Joe, you are not entitled to ANYTHING!!