Michael Jackson's Dad to be Deposed

5/7/2010 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's dad will be deposed by Jackson's estate lawyers some time next month in his bid to receive an allowance from the estate.

Michael Jackson's Dad Joe Jackson to be Deposed

As we first reported, Joe Jackson filed a claim against the estate last year in an effort to get a monthly check from the estate.

According to documents filed earlier this week, Joe will sit down with Michael's attorney at a date to be determined "between June 1, 2010 and July 1, 2010."

Both sides will then go back to court some time after August 1.

chattyone

Get a job, Joe!

fan

I think that if a monthly allowance is that important to Joe then Michael (if he were here to comment) would say, "oh, give it to him!" I really do. I know most will disagree, and that's fine, but this is my opinion. Michael had a good heart and in spite of Joe's treatment of him, he did love his father. And in his own weird way, I think Joe loved Michael as well. Perhaps more than any of us will ever know. Bottom line? I say throw him some money if that's what he wants. It won't affect the kids - that well will never run dry.
Posted at 12:52 PM on May 7, 2010 by Cathy
99.9% disagree. Thanks for giving passion to Hitler.
MJ also said he could change Hitler. Of course, even though
he wasn't in a concentration camp getting ready to die, MJ
killed himself to get his family united in London. He rehearsed
& took drugs to prop himself up & pay the debts that he subjected himself to (his extortionists, buddies, lawyers & family manipulated him with rewards for his massive spending...).
Last year, MJ was a sunken-faced skeleton who constantly had his face rebuilt. He was aged &
weakening with plastic surgery
(to look perfect & avoid looking like his father).
Poor Joe. The coward allowed his MJ to hug
extortionists & act like he had real lovers
(godly kids to take care of) at interviews with Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Bashir & Oprah Pig. Janet loves that fraud channel too.
A royal family of inbreds, 2-faced, thoughtless,
scheming, fame-licking bitches.
They were unable to make right decisions
for their fame-needy MJ because they're religious phonies.
LMFAO

Cathy

76. Cathy,
I agree with you, Joe didn't look that ugly when he was young.
But any similarities with Michael? Can't see that! The eye area alone and the eyebrowes as well are completely different, aren't they? Far more I recognize beautiful Katherine in young Michael's face, and in Janet's as well.

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 7, 2010 by moni

***********************************************************

Hi moni! I agree that Michael had the look of Katherine as well, but I think he was a mix of her and Joe. Honestly, I think young La Toya is the spitting image of Katherine at the same age. Therefore, I think La Toya and Michael also looked alike (even before surgery). I also think Michael and Randy looked almost like twins when they were children. If Michael had left his face alone, I think he'd look very similar to the way Randy looks today (in the face at least).

Here's a pic of Joe in which I think Michael is written all over his face. Of course, if your hatred of Joe overshadows all rationality, you (not you singular, moni, I mean you as in plural) may not recognize it. I saw an interview with Joe in the mid to late 70s in which I thought he SOUNDED so much like Michael. JMO. :)

tishMJfan

June 1st, July 1st, August 1st....all these 1st....hmmm

moni

Wow, Cathy,
I haven't seen that photo before – it really got my eyes widened! That smile... okay, I can see what you mean now! THIS was Joe!?
And I agree with you on the similarity to Randy. "At least in the face", lol! Yes, as skinny Michael might have been in the end – I like men aging that slim kind of way MUCH more as if they get puggy.

BarbieJean

Because they didn't have the same level of talent or drive/ambition that Michael had. And guess where Michael got the level of drive/ambition he had? Yep, like it or not, he got it from Joe Jackson. Michael was more like his father than he was ever willing to admit. He got many of Joe's qualities -- endless, never-say-die drive, ambition, belief in oneself and one's abilities, ruthlessness when needed, show business instinct, stubborness, etc. He also got Joe's business savvy times 1000. Michael had advantages that Joe didn't (THANKS to JOE) -- education and extensive travel (which is a form of education). Joe could have given up and resigned his family to a life in the steel mills. But he never gave up no matter how many times he got knocked down. And neither did Michael. The apple doesn't fall far...

Posted at 3:12 PM on May 7, 2010 by Cathy

Mike left Joe out. So I gotta say yep, you're right, he did get some of Joe's 'savvy business and ruthlessness' qualities and I'm glad for that much. Now Joe and the rest of the Jacksons need to get jobs and take care of themselves. Mike was not providing Joe with a monthly allowance while he was alive so why the hell should he now that he isn't wtf. I don't give a rats ass what Joe did for Michael when he was 1-21, Mike doesn't owe him anything. If that is true then the rest of his kids should start paying him a monthly allowance too so wtf. WHY IS IT ONLY MICHAEL WHO SEEMS TO OWE JOE SOMETHING FOR BEING PART OF THE J5??? EXPLAIN THAT? Michael is a legend and HE did that HIMSELF. It doesn't matter what Joe did when Mike was a kid or what he taught him cause Joe didn't teach anything different to Mike than he did the rest of them. OTHER people had more influence in Mike's life than that greedy bastard Joe did or Mike would have just ended up a wash like the rest. MIKE WANTED OUT ON HIS OWN, Joe didn't want him to split the J5 thing up so stop crediting Joe for Mike's success. Damn, give the man his credit for knowing he was too talented for Joe to manage. Mike knew Joe just wanted him for money. Stop saying Michael owes Joseph all that he was because that is straight BS. Mike owed Joseph Jackson a swift kick in the ass and a good punch in the face. Joseph can go suck cash off one of his other so-called talented kids, you know the ones that believe beating and killing the esteem of a child was for their own good. pfft

anne bont

POOR MICHAEL!
What a rotten family...
They didn't deserve you.this F***ing Joe will NEVER stop .
Anne Bont, from France

Rito Valdez

7. The Jackson 5 and Michael would have never existed without Joseph. He is old and likely to die soon. Why not give him a little? There is more money than the kids could ever need. Everyone else is making money off the estate of MJ. Come on have a heart people!

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 7, 2010 by marson

Yes, Joe may have helped make Michael, the way their spending the money on everybody else except for Michael's children (which are the only ones it should be spent on)there wont be any money left when the children are all grown, and that was the most important thing to Michael(was to know his children were to be taken care of for the rest of thier lives, and never need for anything). Michael was an excellent DADDY!

jackie

Michael cut him out for a reason so I think his decission should be respected. Joe should just let his son live in peace and let his children get the money like michael wanted.

Cheryl

Investigate AEG, Randy Philips. DiLeo and Tohme and yes even JERMAINE.

Any1 think its a coincidence that Peter Lopez is found dead when he was the one trying to stop MJ from having to perform at the 02 concerts because that is what MJ wanted. In comes, Tohme, takes over and Lopez is "fired" and now dead.

Tellit

I hope nobody is really that naive to think that's the nose Katherine Jackson was born with!! LOL...how funny. A nose doesn't get smaller with age....only larger. She's had her share of time spent under Hoefflins magic blade herself over the years.
Need proof you rant? Go goggle to your hearts content.
Plenty of botox also.
ps: there's not a God-given face left on the entire Jackson clan except for Joe, Tito, and Marlon.
lmao

LunaticFringe

@Cathy (27.)
My statement wasn't clear. I was trying to say Joe was offered an allowance but wanted to negotiate more. He wants $20,000 or more a month. Katherine gives him monthly money to pay his bills... an allowance. I saw on a magazine program, he gets approximately $10,000-$15,000 a month from Katherine, which happens to be Michael's money. Michael always gave his mother the money that was to be used for Joe's survival. He never trusted JJ with money. He would always squander it. Now Joe wants the money to go straight to him bypassing Katherine's guidance. That's not what Michael wanted.
These are statements I've read and seen on mag shows.
I have little reason to doubt they're somewhat accurate.

Cathy

******************************************************

How on earth do you know that's true?

BarbieJean

88. The Jackson family should spend their money and time in hiring private forensic investigators to find out what really happened to MJ.

Investigate AEG, Randy Philips. DiLeo and Tohme and yes even JERMAINE.

Posted at 4:06 PM on May 7, 2010 by Cheryl

Absolutely agree with you, Cheryl. The family is too busy organizing tribute concerts so they can get on a stage again though. I just hope someone, anyone who is in the position to, is doing their best to find out what went down.

moni

I wouldn't say that Michael didn't owe Joe anything. 95 per cent of Michael's tremendous success was his genious and his incredible talent, but it has been Joe who – whatever reasons for – brought it on its way. However, Joe has made far more money out of Michael than any ethical "debt" could ever amount to – and he poured it all down the train. It's enough now.