'Sopranos' Star to Obama:

Turn Off Jersey Shore!

5/7/2010 9:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Sopranos" star Steve Schirripa has a serious bone to pick with Barack Obama -- all because the Prez is watching "Jersey Shore!"

Sopranos star Steve Schirripa's message to Obama -
After ripping the reality cast for being "a different species of Italian," we asked Steve what he thought about Obama giving the "JS" crew a shout-out during the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.

Let's just say ... Steve isn't too happy with The Prez -- check out the clip.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

scout

Obama is trying to clean up the mess Bush made in the last 8 years, hopefully he can do it in 4 years.

Dawn

For a guy who's never watched the show, he's awfully opinionated. I've seen parts of The Sopranos, and it was full of some of the most vile, disgusting, low-down characters that I've ever seen on TV. I couldn't even watch an entire episode - it was that bad.
This Steve guy is obviously jealous. He's clearly a hater. Looks like he could do with some GTL himself. Instead of bitching about the great show that is Jersey Shore, he really ought to get himself down to the gym asap, because he's looking awful unhealthy. He knows that The Sopranos portrayed Italian-Americans in a not very flattering light, and he's trying to thrown Jersey Shore under the bus to cover their azzes.
As for these racketeering claims, I've never heard of such nonsense. I hope they get thrown out, because these people are just trying to make a quick buck out of the situation. And so what if Obama watches or even mentions Jersey Shore. Can't the man kick back a little? Life is supposed to be a balance of both seriousness and fun. Get with the program.

Dawn

Dawn

TMZ's software is lame. They keep posting messages that I have NOT confirmed. I emailed them about this, but it still hasn't been fixed.

mm

He shouldn't talk about anyone, his mother is jewish , so that makes him half Italian- the poser!!!!

Kasey

He's just mad cause with President Obama health care plan, & wanting the world 2 be healthy his fat a$$ will have 2 put down the fork & spoon and pick up a weight and work out. I mean just look @ him, does this dude look healthy lol. If u listen 2 his breathing he had 2 catch his breath like 4 times in that one minute clip, I mean really Steve, & his stupid a$$ was on the sopranos. Umm did i miss something but they were the same kinda of italians that jersey shore is A WALKING HOT MESS. And hey Steve the ppl from the daily show wrote his jokes. Once you stop wobbling from side 2 side on the street & become healthy & smart like our President then maybe u wont be a sorry has been one hit wonder loser

fahgettaboutit

Because The Sopranos did so much more for the image of the Italian community.

JamaalJoseMilanoIV

Forget him! If he wants to be mad, he should be mad at the media outlets that are making the show and negatively characterizing Italians, not President Obama. All he did was make mention of the show in his speech. By the way, where was all this anger and activism on behalf of Italians on "Bobby's" part when he was playing a negative Italian mobster stereotype on the Sopranos; or does a fat check trump integrity?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5