Joel Osteen Invites Conrad Murray for a Pray Date

5/9/2010 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pastor numero uno Joel Osteen will have a special guest at his weekly sermon today -- none other than Dr. Conrad Murray.

Sources tell TMZ the doc accused of killing Michael Jackson has been invited into Osteen's inner sanctum at Lakewood Church in Houston, TX.   We don't know why Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray.  In fact, we're told Dr. Murray isn't sure why he was invited either ... although he's an active member of his Houston church.

We're told Murray will arrive at the church in the morning and go in through a "bunker-like" entrance -- and he won't be given the entry code until just before he arrives.

With all that security, it's almost as if Murray has a meeting with ... nevermind.

Tstorm

kim-- I'm very close to NASA .

kim

Thanks Tstorm. I have lived in Houston all of my life.

And yes, I think this whole mess stinks pretty bad. Something just seems a little fishy to me.

TexasGal

Hmmmmm. A so-called preacher/pastor that has that kind of security and isn't easily reached by his congregation isn't really a preacher/pastor at all. Joel and Victoria Osteen are a good definition of narcisim and are full of ****.

kim

#14 i'm a nurse and i work in sleep! you took the works out of my mouth. A Dr. should know better...or o guess he just had to pay for all of his kids...just a thought

mymjj5

My King prayed to himself
he was God
I pray to him

mymjj5

My king only got on his knees
for pretty little white boys

sasha

First off, TMZ...excellent use of an 'lol' on the last sentence!! I dont know which staff writer is the 'funny' one but someone has the right touch, lol!

But sadly my reason for posting is to address the sick, pathetic souls that create such hate in their posts. May God warm your hearts and allow you to have the love I think MJ had in his. Micheal is, I am certain, sickened by each 'hate' post here. I pray for you all.

marson

You people who come on here with the pedofile comments about Michael Jackson may be needing some security guards too. So If I were you I would shut your damn mouths!

a long time Leno fan!

The papers say Michael became a DRUG ADDICT after taking a PRESCRIPTION pain killers due to the burn injuries he suffered as a result of the fire on the set of the Pepsi commercial many years ago.

DRUG ADDICTS, whether they use street drugs or PRESCRIPTION drugs, are still DRUG ADDICTS. Remember, PRESRIPTION OR STREET DRUGS are still drugs!

Dr. Murray followed his patient's instructions who, according to what I have read, insisted he be medicated in order to be able to sleep.

MICHAEL PASSED AWAY A YEAR AGO AND EVERYONE MISSES HIS GREAT TALENT AND HIS AMAZING GOOD HEART. YES, WE ALL MISS MICHAEL BUT WE ALL HAVE TO GET OVER THE IDEA THAT THIS DOCTOR, WHO FOLLOWED MICHAEL'S ORDERS, IS TO BLAME 100%. MICHAEL'S FAMILY DID WHAT THEY COULD TO GET MICHAEL HELP FROM HIS OWN DRUG ADDICTION (per an interview Janet made after Michael's death) HOWEVER MICHAEL REFUSED TO GET HELP. INSTEAD, HE INSISTED HE DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

STOP BLAMING THE DOCTOR 100%. BECOME BETTER INFORMED ON DRUG ADDICTION THEN SHARE WHAT YOU"VE LEARNED RIGHT HERE. IGNORANT, BASELESS REMARKS HAVE NO PLACE ON A COMMENT BOARD.

dkm909

First off, I'm not a fan of the institutional church. I think clergy should butt out of politics. I don't particularly trust clergy and people like George Reker.

However, Joel is doing as Jesus did. Either we are for the teachings of Christ or we are against them.

Me-thinks that heaven is going to be quite empty.

Will

Michael, Murray and MANY others killed Michael. This was just the last his body could take. Anyfnway the only reason im even interested at this point is with wonderful twist i cant wait to see what train wreck this is sure to become now.

LunaticFringe

@CommonSenseSays... (121)
If you think a person's username is a direct indication of what they are, then COMMONSENSE is being misrepresented!

You say "blind loyalty". That already gives an indication of your biased so called "opinion" on the matter. The only person blinded here is you to assume I haven't delved into the subject adequately. And your little, "OLSTEEN ROCKS!!", only further illuminates your hypocrisy. You worship a charlatan. That's BLIND LOYALTY!!

I'm loyal to Michael because of what I know to be true, and not through some image the media and tabloids have conjured up for me to believe. I know Michael had a drug problem, as I stated. What you are not understanding is he wasn't an addict but an abuser of drugs. The drugs he had abused in the past were not present in his system or his home at the time of his death. The only drugs present were the medications that Murray was using to combat Mike's insomnia. MJ's past indiscretions have no bases here, so cool your jets!

Murray's Hippocratic Oath should have bound him to do the ethical thing. Instead, he chose to
risk his career, but worse, risk a man's life for the sake of money. Sure Mike sought out doctors to give him what he wanted. But the whole purpose of taking an oath, is to ward against such temptations which will ultimately arise in a doctor's practice. The very least Murray should have done would be to get training or advice through a reputable anesthesiologist. That is one of the highest paying professions in society because of its level of difficulty and severity. Murray took it lightly and tragedy resulted from his negligence. He probably didn't want to share the wealth or jeopardize someone else taking away his golden opportunity.

So if that doesn't answer your question if I would take the money, then change your name to CommonSenseLess.

Grump

Hmmm. As far as all the comments regarding Joel Osteen, I double dog dare you to LISTEN to one of his Sermons...and get GOD into your life. I listen to Joel daily as a tool to STOMP the devil away..try it you'll like it.
God bless ~ Peace

Posted at 12:12 PM on May 9, 2010 by KaTsMeO

I triple Dog dare you to live by what he (Joel Olsteen) preaches, I have listend to him preach several times, but not a fanatic of people who let them be used for salvation from a crime they have SELF ADMITTED in doing. Why Joel Olsteen? To be seen by millions, nope that doesn't mix to well with me, hypocrisy from a man who took a another man's life out of greed, played GOD and risked everytime he put that needle through this person life? Murray (won't give him the title dr. he doesn't deserve it) abused the gift that God gave him.

tiffany

Sick money hungry murder, stop using "God" for fake lies
tiffany

September

Murray? A "highly respected Dr in Houston"??!! The guy was in trouble in Houston AND in California for his practices. Whoever believes that nonsense is on more drugs that Michael has ever been accused of taking!