Joel Osteen Invites Conrad Murray for a Pray Date

5/9/2010 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pastor numero uno Joel Osteen will have a special guest at his weekly sermon today -- none other than Dr. Conrad Murray.

Sources tell TMZ the doc accused of killing Michael Jackson has been invited into Osteen's inner sanctum at Lakewood Church in Houston, TX.   We don't know why Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray.  In fact, we're told Dr. Murray isn't sure why he was invited either ... although he's an active member of his Houston church.

We're told Murray will arrive at the church in the morning and go in through a "bunker-like" entrance -- and he won't be given the entry code until just before he arrives.

With all that security, it's almost as if Murray has a meeting with ... nevermind.

MARY ADAMS

I AM NOT SURPRISED THAT OSTEEN IS DOING THIS; BUT I AM SURPRISED THAT MURRAY IS THAT DESPERATE FOR PITY THAT HE WOULD SEEK OUT SOMEONE THAT APPEARS TO USE OTHERS TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL; OSTEEN DOES NOT READ FROM HIS BIBLE, DO NOTHING EXCEPT TELL STORIES, AND COLLECT MONIES, MURRAY BETTER GO TO A CHURCH THAT APPEARS TO WORSHIP AND SERVE GOD!!!!!!

***

Michael did have issues with drugs and that was confirmed via his family. But that is no free pass for Murray and his inexcusable acts. Murray did what Michael asked, yes, for the money, against all that he was trained to do as a medical professional. I feel Murray acted with malice knowing he should not have administered this drug in that setting, fully aware of the potential risks, and the charge should be murder 2. Michael hired a doctor thinking this would be the safest way to have the propofol administered and to get sleep...and to feed the addiction that Klein and other enablers fed for years. Michael thought he was in safe hands by having a doctor administer...Murray should have said no, fully knowing that his being a doctor was not enough with this drug...that Michael would not be safe having propofol administered in the home without proper equipment...that this could kill him. But, the money...anything for money.
Regardless of your feelings towards Michael, the fact remains...Murray, a 'doctor', put money before the safety of his patient, and he killed this patient due to blatant incompetence and arrogance, and he should go to prison for what he did.

Angela

TMZ is just getting everybody hot and bothered again, and you guys are falling for it. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Beba

john

Osteen is a fake,he wouldnt give a poor man the time of day

Kathy

Maybe it is a meeting with Michael himself.

truthBtold

meme

Please speak for the few that respect him from this area for the many including I don't. As for Olsteen do a search for he & his wife are often in the news, who knows maybe book sales are down. This is just one more thing to cause even less respect for them. They should be holding prayer service for Michael, his children & family, the victims to this crime but who do they side, the one who pulled the injection trigger which killed Michael, their father, their son, their brother, the light & hope of the world. I give it to our higher power to sort out when they get there, for I know he can do the best job of it for all time & I know Michael is already with him waiting for them each also.

Amber

Wow. Bad enough his wife assaulted a flight attendant and got away with it, but now they're going to harbor and support a killer. Is this really religion? I think you're supposed to repent what you did before you can be taken in and coddled.

dd

The clinic in Houston was a pill popping clinic...

lynn

You are wrong if you think I'm calling Michael a god or comparing him to Jesus. I think God has given us many precious gifts apart from his son, Jesus. There are different degrees of 'gift'. Jesus was the ultimate gift. Michael was special in so many ways and irreplaceable - he stood out from the masses with his genius - this is what I meant when I said he was a gift from God. Michael himself repeatedly said that his talents came from God.

35. Yeh, meeting with God. And God will ask " what did you do to my precious gift to the world ?"

Posted at 4:44 AM on May 9, 2010 by lynn

I think this question will be asked of us when we meet our Maker, with one exception - It will be "what did you do WITH my precious gift to the world". IE, Jesus Christ.

I am not a Bible thumper but I am getting darn sick and tired of seeing people say Michael is God (TMZ is King for one) or writing prayers to Michael here. MICHAEL WAS HUMAN, NOT GOD. I don't care if you believe in Jehovah, Allah, Buddha, etc., MICHAEL WAS NOT GOD! Stop worshiping him and instead worship your Creator who is worthy of all honor and praise!

Also, PLEASE STOP with the Michael IS the sexiest man alive, Michael CAN have any woman he wants, etc - change the present tense to past tense. I know some of you believe he is alive but HE IS NOT - HE IS DEAD. Elvis fans have been waiting almost 33 years for him to come back, and his BAM day has never arrived. The same will be true with Michael.

I know that those of you who beLIEve think he really is alive. I think that that hope is what keeps you from going into full-blown grief. But look at the evidence OBJECTIVELY - not from a slanted point of view passed on by folks at YouTube and elsewhere, and you will see - MICHAEL IS DEAD.

So, lessons for today:
1. Michael is NOT God.
2. Michael IS NOT the sexiest man in the world (ewww, decomposition and all).
3. Michael IS dead.

The sooner you guys who are guilty of the above realize it is the truth, you can begin to mourn and get through it. Otherwise you are setting yourselves up for a lifetime of hope, the Second Coming of Michael Jackson, and it ain't happening.

Posted at 5:47 AM on May 9, 2010 by Deb

lopatol

I love Michael!

fan

The prison of his fame would not allow him to live as you & I.
With a personality like Michael's, we expect to believe that
he was a helpless victim of insomnia & lack of freedom.
Defenseless guy
never knew what doctors did to his face & body before.
He never injected sleep drugs in his History tour, right?
Monitoring equipment won't save you from brain death & starvation after months of overdosing.
Concerts pay MJ's bills & honor his family.
Yeah, I'm sure
when he had a bunch of children taking his money & using him for
babysitting & special treatment, Jesus-like MJ suddenly overdosed on pain medication & accidentally got victimized by
his spoiled religious friend Evan Chandler.
He accidentally got married to a pedophile's daughter LM &
found TV crews & photographers at Neverland.
Janet Arviso was a stupid witch wo wtched this naive religious 'victim
of fame'. Somehow, he couldn't stop the poor Gavin Arviso boy from protecting his mother in the molestation trial.
Michael hoped Bashir would promote how god-like Arviso & his siblings
were. He thought Princess Diana looked great with Bashir, so his
non-judging personality was supposed to replicate Diana's. Apparently,
MJ could still avoid an education about trusting people,
after 5 years of not doing
concert tours & not having cameras following him everywhere.
I guess he was too Jesus-like to avoid dangling Blanket over the balcony
& showering Arviso with money & babysitting. No surprise that Propofol
was reintroduced in his life.
It was hard not hugging the godly Arviso family
& not having the media worship your Jesus-like Neverland &
Jesus-like Jackson family.

commonSenseSays...

To #110 - LunaticFringe - your name and how you chose to refer to yourself pretty much says it all! You are indeed a lunatic.

I am not preaching but looking at the situation from a different perspective - God gave me a brain, wisdom and discernment - not blind loyalty to someone I didn't even know. Goodness knows MJ had a lot of problems.

MJ's family has openly discussed his drug addition - that is a FACT and that he would do ANYTHING to get drugs as stated by his own sisters. You have no idea what happened in that room - you weren't there - that is a FACT. We will never know what truly happened so stop judging people - that's for God to do not us.

EVERYBODY says they were MJ's friend - MJ knew he could buy anything he wanted to - including a physician that would give him what he wanted - it could have been Murray or any other doctor for that fact. If you were his doctor making $100K a month would you walk away given your fanatical "support" of MJ?

I never said MJ didn't deserve justice.

KaTsMeO

WoW Seriously?!! You got to be kidding...when I look at these comments and read them, are all of you seriously that out of touch? The ONLY way to Heaven is through JESUS CHRIST our Lord and Saviour, Michael Jackson may be alive, but he's not God or a prophet, he just playing an ARG. Hmmm. As far as all the comments regarding Joel Osteen, I double dog dare you to LISTEN to one of his Sermons...and get GOD into your life. I listen to Joel daily as a tool to STOMP the devil away..try it you'll like it.
God bless ~ Peace

HumanNature

112. Michael Jackson was a DRUG ADDICT, A HABITUAL DEBTOR WHO REFUSED TO PAY HIS CREDITORS AND YET HOARDED MATERIAL WEALTH FOR HIMSELF, A CON, A PEDOPHILE, AN ALCHOLIC and a mental case and God rewarded him for all his choices on planet Earth.

Posted at 10:43 AM on May 9, 2010 by Beba

We are ALL SINNERS BORN, RAISED, LIVE AND DIE IN THIS SINFUL WORLD!!!!

What make you any different!!!!!!

Do you have first hand knowledge that MJ was all those things that you have mention or are you just going by what TMZ and the rest of the tabloid trash/media tell you what to think?????

LOL, MJ gave most of his wealth ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to help children around the world!!!

However, you have just catagorize billions of people around the world who may have fallen in those category!!!!

Which category do you fall in?????

"But I say to YOU who are listening. Continue to love YOUR enemies, to do good to those hating YOU, to bless those cursing YOU, to pray for those who are insulting YOU".

Luke 6:27-28