Joel Osteen Invites Conrad Murray for a Pray Date

5/9/2010 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pastor numero uno Joel Osteen will have a special guest at his weekly sermon today -- none other than Dr. Conrad Murray.

Sources tell TMZ the doc accused of killing Michael Jackson has been invited into Osteen's inner sanctum at Lakewood Church in Houston, TX.   We don't know why Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray.  In fact, we're told Dr. Murray isn't sure why he was invited either ... although he's an active member of his Houston church.

We're told Murray will arrive at the church in the morning and go in through a "bunker-like" entrance -- and he won't be given the entry code until just before he arrives.

With all that security, it's almost as if Murray has a meeting with ... nevermind.

rico

Wonder why the ***got preacher is getting involved in this mess? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HumanNature

"And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads you, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying I am the Christ and will mislead many".

- Matthrew 24:4

"And many false prophets will arise and mislead many"

- Matthrew 24:11

Why would ANYONE WITH A BRAIN follow a man/human being for spirtural guidance?????

Tracy

Now why would they invite Dr Murry to this. Doesn't make sence unless it has to do with Michael hoax. but we all now that he is dead.

Tellit

130. Also what kind of church that Murrys going to. Is it J.W. or other does ant one know???????????????????
Posted at 12:37 PM on May 9, 2010 by Tracy
________________

Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, Houston.

Legally Blonde

I think that Joel Osteen's "warm and fuzzy feeling image" is going to suffer
from this strategic move. What is Osteen thinking? I understand that ministries are having a difficult time due to the economy. They are all starting to appeal to the public for donations. I really can't figure this one out. Help TMZ fans!

Charlie

Calm down people! Conrad was a member of the church before all of this took place. . . .even people on death row have a right to worship and to be prayed for. Joel is his pastor and he is doing what he was called by God to do. The Osteen family are an amazing group of people and just because they are in the public eye people feel like they have a right to shoot them down. They help millions of people every DAY! What have you done today?

Joel is not praying that he be let go to do it again, he is praying that Conrad will do what is right and be blessed with what is right.

Also, let's remember that this used to be the compact center. The "bunker" was set up for the "talent" that came in and out of the place. People like Diana Ross and the Rockets, not for Joel. They utilize it because it works, not becuase they are better than anyone. As far as the code, who are work does not have some sort of code to enter a door or a cash drawer?

God bless you all.

Legally Blonde

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 9, 2010 by Charlie

They help millions of people every DAY! What have you done today?

Who are you, Charlie, to question or judge what other people have done?

It opens the door for someone to say to you, "Charlie, what good deeds have

you done today? Sorry, Charlie! Door swings both ways!

kim

Actually the original name was "The summit". than compaq bought it out and became the compaq center. and when the rockets got the toyota center the church bought it out. I live here in Houston and yes the bunker was for the entertainment groups to go safetly in and out of. And Mj did perform in this venue on the bad tour. Oh, how I remember that.

Unfortunately I think that Joel Olsteen may have just gotten some publicity that he is not bargaining for.

RIP MJ. you are truely missed and will never be forgotten

nita

politics, wall street, massive oil leaks that seem to can't be stopped, war, religion, whats going on? Is this what michael was trying to tell us instead people are questioning his sexuality. "They dont really care about us" wake up people.

Tellit

As an ordained minister it is his "job" to minister the teachings of God/Jesus and to comfort ALL. (Conrad Murray is not an exception)
Who he chooses to "special treatment" minister to is his business. And "Why?" to Conrad Murray is nobody's business but Joel Osteen's.
He doesn't owe anybody any explanations for extending his invitation to Murray.
He has no hidden motives other than he's simply doing what his God has "called" him into service to do.
Evidently out of the goodness of his heart he felt compelled to "reach out" to Murray.
Plain and simple.
Most of you posters make me SICK SICK SICK....
because your attitudes (or lack of) are SO SICK.

nita

Murry is an 33rd degree mason he probably worships satan with rituals.

Lee lee

Is he going to Church to ask God for forgiveness, for taking a Father from his children, a Brother, uncle,son from his family?
Is he praying that God forgive him for his careless disrespect for another human life, for being so selfish that money came before patient care, for lying to the paramedics and police about time lines and events on 25th of June 2009??

Or is Murray going to church to pray that he doesn't end up in jail, to pray that he can live a long and healthy life. to pray that God look after his children and all of his family? To pray that the media see this and feel sorry for his sorry as*? To pray that all the worshipers from this church get on the "Good Bus, Murray " and support him on June 15th?? To Pray that the Jurors believe his side of the story, his version of events on the 25th of June 2009. To Pray that he can orchestrate another Photo op, just before his next appearance at court??

Tstorm

... not sure how I feel about this ..... I'm really not a fan of Osteen or his church, for me it does tend to seem more like motivational speaking than anything else .( sorry, Tellit :( )

I happen to have a connection to the Lakewood organization , and I will be calling someone. I don't think MJ was perfect or G_d or anything like that ... but gosh do I miss him .

This seems like a publicity stunt ... but who really knows ?? I still think that it is highly likely that someone came in and gave Mj a hot shot that night . whether it was Murray or not remains to be seen .

Again... I feel very unsettled about this appearance at Lakewood .... but Christ does call sinners and if Murray needs prayer and/or forgiveness then why not? I think I would be less suspicious of this meeting if Murray were to go to his own congregation for prayer .

*****couple of side notes --

Lakewood is housed in a former convention center ...this is why it has so called green room areas etc .....

I have heard that the clinic where CM was so loved in Houston was a pill mill .

( Hi Kim/Houston ----- Tstorm/NASA

all in all this seems stinky to me .

MiMi

135. Joel Osteen is an Evangelistic minister and the head of a non-demoninational church.
He doesn't owe anybody any explanations for extending his invitation to Murray.
Plain and simple.
Most of you posters make me SICK SICK SICK....
because your attitudes (or lack of) are SO SICK.

Posted at 1:15 PM on May 9, 2010 by Tellit

---------------------------------------------------------

I have not read thru all the posts on this thread so I am not aware of what all has been said about Joel Osteen. And yes I am one who had never heard of this person prior to today. So thanks for the clarification earlier.

But Tellit, do you not think it odd for this minister to invite Murray to his church when it is obvious that Murray is active in his own? I mean he could have reached out to him privately but yet he chose to make it public.

Something about this just does not sit right with me....