Robert Downey Jr.

Good Genes

or Good Docs?

5/9/2010 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. is a super hero.

Here's the 22-year-old "Less Than Zero" star back in 1987 (left) -- and 23 years later, the 45-year-old version at an event in Beverly Hills last month (right).

Iron man, indeed.

SmittyB

To all you under 30 know-it-alls, you're always fuller younger and sink and sag with age i.e.,80s Madonna vs. Now Madonna. That's why facial fillers are popular. He will always be eternally doe eyed.

sam garafola

must be a slow news day at TMZ...lol

SmittyB

To all you under 30 know-it-alls when you get old you lose fullness hence the pickle effect of all old lady gym rats. Madonna had a fatter face in the 80s you know what she looks like now. Can I get a witness?

Anna

Robert does admit to having to have reconstructive surgery done to the top portion of his nose between his eyes. That is why his left eye droops a little. He was in a bad knife fight while in the LA County Jail for 6 months before going into prison at Corcoran for a year. His face was cut up, between his eyes and over the top of his nose. So he had reconstructive surgery to restore his face. If you look closely you can still see scars between his eyes and on his nose. However, he admits to that and that is not major plastic surgery. So, it is good genes. His father is 73 years old and still looks great for that age. Robert looks like his father.

Regardless, Robert Downey Jr. is sexy no matter what. Having your face rebuilt after a knife fight should not be a factor. He just is happy now and lives a healthy lifestyle.

JoanT

Good clean living! Keep it up, Robert - we love you!

BoomBoom

I think it's just that picture....when you see photos of him up close nowadays, he's definitely showing his age. To me it just looks like he's wearing a lot of makeup in the 2nd photo.

david

Good Genes????, he's for sure had good docs, more than one.

KittyBeatnik

Good genes, good recovery, and last but not least, heroin preserves the body.

MKS

It must be the drugs. Johnny Depp got off Drugs so long ago and looks a little older even though they are so close in age lol.

MKS

but Robert Downy Jr is not to the best of my knowledge in a rock band or an artist. But I did see a really cute video of him when he was 5 years old on you tube. There won't be any videos of me from when I was 5 that is for sure. I have less than 2 dozen pictures actually.

samantha

He's better looking now than he was back in the 80s. I don't know if he had surgery, nor do I care, but he's a decent looking guy.

I first noitced him in the movie " Back to School," with Rodney Dangerfield. That's a hilarious movie! He wasn't too good looking back then, but seems to have matured nicely.

Buckeye

Good drugs.

donna

The '87 looks like RDJ is sloshed, not attractive at all. I much prefer the 2010 version. RDJ you are hot! Nothing else to say, except hot, hot, hot!

Grilmit

SEXY BEAST.

That's all natural.

jim

Lets say good Genes. I am almost sixty, and I look as old as he does.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments