Dr. Murray May Ask to Delay Preliminary Hearing

5/10/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team claims it may not be ready for the preliminary hearing setting next month, because they still have not received the full criminal file on the Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

Miranda Sevcik, spokesperson for Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ they have only received 3,500 pages of discovery.  Sevcik cites a news report in which the D.A.'s office claims it has "hundreds of thousands of pages of material."

But a D.A. spokesperson told TMZ on Friday that the statement that there were "hundreds of thousands" of pages was their error ... and in fact there are only  "thousands of pages" and the defense has received "the bulk of it."

Sevcik's response ... "It's odd. It seems like an awfully big miscalculation."

Sevcik says if the defense team does not get all the docs soon, they may ask to delay the preliminary hearing setting -- set for June 14.

susani

Sevcik’s response … “It’s odd. It seems like an awfully big miscalculation.” Preliminary Hearing

Barbie

I'm sure Michael Jackson loved his children, at least as much as a drug can.

Correction s/b : I'm sure Michael Jackson loved his children, at least as much as a drug ADDICT can.

janalal4

Barbie,

Your post about drug addiction is not necessarily accurate in all cases. Perhaps you might not fully understand it unless you have lived it. I have. No, I never stomped on my mother, I never stole anything from anyone, I never abused my children, & I certainly never considered 'killing anyone'. Was I not always 'emotionally available' to them-that is true. I have made my amends to my son & my daughter has never known me as an active addict fortunately as I was in recovery by the time she was conceived. My children & family were ALWAYS the most important thing to me, however, the disease of addiction is just that powerful & WILL wreck families & destroy lives if left untreated.

People are angry Barbie & if they can come here & work out their grief on a message board then at least they have that forum in which to do it. It doesn't mean they are going to go out & 'hurt' Conrad Murray. Try to have some compassion.

janicebyrne

NO NO NO....no postponement for this killer. Let's get the matter to court, find him guilty, jail him, throw away the key and then let's forget all about him. May he rot in jail.

Lee lee

What???.....didn't see this one coming. How many tricks do these clowns have up there sleeves?? If they believe that Michael did this to himself...whats to know??? They don't need those thousands of papers...Remember, Murray knows the Troot.

Barb

I guess he needs more time to try and confuse the facts. Load them up on paperwork so you can try and slip past the fact that your arrogance and incompetence killed your patient. Why is he still able to practice medicine? He broke the law and killed someone, when does he start paying for this?

Missy

Alice(from Romania),that article is old,the children have all had birthdays since then,and they even own that house.There is no way they would go into care.That case is on it's way to being closed,if it hasn't been already.

Lee lee

Yeah, lets delay it till 25th of June..That dates as good as any. With all the memorials and tributes going on..it will remind the world exactly what this Quack did.
How his stupidity and lack of Duty of care for his Patient cost 3 children there Father, and a Family a Brother , Uncle etc etc. Remind the world that we Lost the greatest entertainer that ever lived.
Yes ...PLEASE delay it an extra week, then Michaels family can all gather (on what will be the 1st anniversary of his death)at the court house, to once again face the man that wants us to believe that Michael killed himself. ( Not that I want to cause the family anymore pain) But we need to remind people, that Michael had family that did love him.
Lets remind everyone what Murray has done to this family.
Yes, lets do that.

JB

Murray is innocent!! MJ is still alive! Shamone people!!!!!!

WordOutlet

Dr Troot's team needs da docs!

Tellit

No miscalculations. The DA is covering up.
Conrad has a right to FULL discovery before the preliminary.

Lee lee

So Tellit

Whats with the hold up do you think?? Are they trying not to disclose all of the info, and if so, can they do that??

HumanNature

It's pretty frightening to read such hatred and hostility from I would guess a MJ fan.

I'm sure Michael Jackson loved his children, at least as much as a drug can. But make no mistake when a person is in active addiction, which Michael Jackson was, his children weren't the most important thing in his life, his drugs were. Drugs were his bestfriend, his mistress, his lover, his priority, and he went to great lengths to obtain those drugs.

Read up on drug addiction "MJ Greatest Fan of All" then come back here and post a comment that is accurate and true. Fact is ALL drug addicts would kill for the next fix, they would stomp on their own mother to get their next fix. Its a terrible disease and Michael Jackson had it, its what ultimately killed him. If it wasn't Dr. Murray it would have been someone else, or himself accidentally. Drug addicts have no boundaries and everything in their lives is secondary to the addiction.

And I hope you get some anger management because your post is pretty scary and threatening. Michael Jackson might have meant alot to the fans, but when you cross the line (as you have done) to state you will take a baseball bat to Dr. Murray, that is a straight out threat ! Violence is the answer, huh ????? This is a public comment board, threats should be taken seriously.

Posted at 3:26 AM on May 10, 2010 by Barbie

MJ IS DEAD!!!!

Stop trying to defend or put a spin on that brainless Dr Death!!!!!

I have my popcorn, cola and sugar babies ready for the FACTS/CIRCUS to begin!!!!

GET ON WITH THE COURT PROCEEDING!!!!!!

I don't give a RAT AZZ whether MJ was a DRUG ADDICT THAT IS NOT THE POINT!!!!

SMOKE SCREEN!!!!

MJ was a HUMAN BEING!!!!!

That STUPID DOCTOR KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WAS WRONG!!!!

WHY DID HE PERFORM CPR ON A BED????

WHY DID HE TRY TO COVER-UP HIS ACTION????

WHY DID HE REFUSE TO SIGN THE DEATH CERTIFICATE

WHY DID HE RUN AWAY FOR TWO DAYS?????

WHY DID HE LIE TO POLICE?????

WHY DID HE GIVE AND PROVIDE PROPOFOL TO HIS PATIENT????

LOOK AT THAT BIG BRAINLESS HEAD FOOL, HE KNOWS WHAT HE HAVE DONE WAS WRONG!!!!

IT'S WRITTEN ALL OVER HIS MUG!!!!

Dr Death's character says alot about him!!!

Anybody that cheat/lie on their wife and force to pay for child support is nothing but a SELFISH DOG!!!!

MONEY + GREED = PURE STUPIDITY

Dr Death would throw you and anybody else under the bus just to save his heartless soul!!!!

HIS STUPID ACTION SPEAKS VOLUME!!!!!

dkm909

This man will not receive a fair trial. It will be a huge waste of tax payer money.

Barb

Well said janalal4.

OFF Topic: I have to get a new user name because someone is using mine.
----------------