Murray's Visit to Osteen Church Not for PR

5/10/2010 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's right-hand man tells TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray was indeed invited to come to Osteen's church yesterday "to pray and worship," and met with Osteen privately before the service.

Dr. Conrad Murray
TMZ first reported Osteen invited Murray to the service.  Someone from Osteen's media relations department told us it was a PR stunt, but the guy who runs the PR department says that's not true.

Donald Iloff, Jr., the Chief of Strategic Operations for Osteen (and Osteen's brother-in-law), tells TMZ, "Dr. Murray did call the church to speak with Osteen a while back but Osteen was not available.  Osteen's rep then invited Dr. Murray to yesterday's service."  So, Dr. Murray truly was invited.

Iloff says Murray met privately with Joel and Victoria before the service.  We do not know what they talked about.

After the meeting, Iloff says Dr. Murray attended the service.  "He was really engaged in the worship service," Iloff says.

Rob

Yikes......it's all about money. That's what organized religion is...all about money. They give crap about anyone's soul. Facade, fake, fantasy. Murray is trying to save his ass and thinks O'steen can do it. Who's going to save O'steens soul? Smile big, tell people what they want to hear and reach into their pocket. No money, no soul saving.

cassy

If it's not for PR then why is it on TMZ? How did they find out about it? Does TMZ tap Murray's phone?

juney

Siggisis

LOL! Isn't that the truth! Seems these big 'bring 'em all to Jesus' evangelists with their huge following ALWAYS seem to eventually get themselves into trouble & are found to have been engaged in some sort of wrong doing; usually 'financial' wrong doing. I don't trust ANY evangelist when they get as big as Osteen. He might just be a wonderfully righteous man but it seems the bigger they get, the bigger the temptations & they almost always cave in to them.

Posted at 1:01 PM on May 10, 2010 by janalal4

Ain´t that the truth! Just look at this Osteen! People are going off about Michael´s make up... just sayin´ - there is at least an inch of "pancake foundation" on his fake, "saved" face!

No money, no soul saving.

Posted at 1:03 PM on May 10, 2010 by Rob

Exactly!

Siggisis

Posted at 1:10 PM on May 10, 2010 by juney

Thanks for explaining, juney, I was a little slow there!

juney

Okay, Siggisis, it just seemed so stupid to me that Murray would use that as a "defense" as I've seen written a few places, when really it emphasizes how guilty he was and what a sorry excuse for a "doctor" he really is. Michael had it right in his song "Money"; lie for it; die for it, even sell your soul to the devil. That's what Murray did. Keep the faith.

moni

Good evening to all the nice people here!

Janalal, you're from the medical field and therefore the expert for all questions like the following kind ;):
So, do you know what drug-test such a physical for the insurance would hold? Would it besides street drugs like cocaine (from which we know that Michael never touched them) also include meds like sedatives and anti-anxieties, and how long can you actually detect them in the system of a person? I know from street drugs that they can be detected for quite a long time e.g. in the hair, but haven't any clue concerning the mentioned meds.
I'd really like to know whether AEG knew what they dealt with Michael's engagement, and whether they knowlingly accepted his drug-problems and possibly even helped to hide them from the insurance.

allforlove

juney

Agree to disagree, allforlove, MJ is not with us because of greed and avarice over the last 15 years of his life on the part of so many who took advantage of his loving, giving soul. I don't know much about Pastor Osteen but I put Murray's actions in seeking counsel from him right up there with Murray's 11th hour visit to MJ's grave before his first court date, a huge publicity stunt. Dr. Murray is not an honorable man. He sold his soul for money and betrayed his hippocratic oath to first do no harm to his patient.

janalal4

74. 72. I understand that per the autopsy the only meds in MJ were what Murray pumped into him; what I meant by Murray's contending MJ didn't tell him what else he was taking is, why would he, Murray, then give him all this other stuff if he (Murray) had no idea what MJ might already have in him? We already know MJ had NOTHING else but what Murray gave him, but the point is, Murray (the "doctor") did NOT know what other meds MJ was taking, and STILL gave him a lethal ****tail! That only bodes worse for Murray! If a doctor has no idea what a patient might be taking out of that doctor's purview, then how can he justify giving him MORE meds! He should have given MJ nothing! Doctor's oath - first do no harm.

Posted at 1:10 PM on May 10, 2010 by juney

Thanks for explaining, juney, I was a little slow there!

Posted at 1:13 PM on May 10, 2010 by Siggisis

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/dr-conrad-murray-visit-joel-osteen-church-houston-pray-michael-jackson/5/#comments#ixzz0nYmiIvUi

VERY valid points made here but the REALLY ironic part of all this AND the point Murray himself even seems to be completely 'missing' or disregarding is this fact: Whatever MJ may or may not have been taking is a totally moot point anyway because what Murray himself admitted giving on the night of the 24th/morning of the 25th when combined together was ENOUGH IN & OF THEMSELVES TO KILL A PERSON. Particular MJ who weighed 136lb(soaking wet). It's like Quacky is TOTALLY 'NOT GETTING IT' & that just blows me away! What the man has admitted to is ENOUGH to hang him in a court of law regardless of what MJ was doing 'on his own' or 'on the sly' so where Murray is going with all this argument about things he 'knew nothing about' is just beyond me!

It makes me just want to go up to him & holler, "HELLOOOOO!! HELLOOOOO!! COME IN IDIOT!!" LOL! I think Murray operates at such a level of total incompetence that he doesn't even realize that his actions as a physician are wrong at all. That's just SCARY!

janalal4

77. No I have to disagree...It's not all about money, it's all about saving your soul. If Murray went to see Joel Osteen (who by the way is an awesome preacher) then he went because he knows he needs forgiveness. Which proves he does feel guilty and God is his only way to redemption. I Love MJ and am very angry at Dr. Murray, but at some point we all have to forgive or we will not be forgiven. I know that MJ is at peace because he is where we all want to be! Love you always Michael!

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 10, 2010 by allforlove

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/dr-conrad-murray-visit-joel-osteen-church-houston-pray-michael-jackson/6/#c3209143#ixzz0nYp1TxaW

Auck! Then how about THIS: If Murray knows what he did was wrong then why not plead guilty. Throw yourself on the mercy of the court & let the chips fall where they may? Take the punisment he so richly deserves for his reckless, greedy actions? You don't just go to some preacher, say your sorry, & ask for some sort of 'absolution'. You should be willing to publicly admit what you did was wrong, ask for forgiveness FROM THE FAMILY(instead of some televangelist!), from MJ's children, & you present yourself to the court & the judge & take RESPONSIBILITY & ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT. Anything else is just meaningless bull**** & a way for him to cir***vent the consequences & public humiliation.

His Prince Michael

The unnecessary loss of ANY life, regardless of celebrity
or not, is tragic. Indeed, the sins of the flesh, be it Drug, Alcohol, or Sexual addictions, have led to many, many untimely
and avoidable deaths. We are blessed by The Creator, with Free Will.
Fish? Cats? Elephants? Instinctual, by nature. Yet, we as Humans
"...created slightly below Angels..." have choices. Do I eat
an orange, or strawberry? Do I watch Boxing or Wrestling? Do I
follow my Wondrous Creator, or the ways of a wicked world?
Do I live for all my blessings, or surrender to temporal physical
lusts and craving, even though I KNOW, it's bad and/or unnatural?
Perhaps, we must ALWAYS recall, The Gift, of Free Will, and remember, Life, is the only REAL choice.

allforlove

Juney,
Yup, I feel the same way. Iwas just saying that Murray is feeling the guilt for what he did...now that the time is drawing near, he needed to reach out for help. Michael U R 4EVER IN MY HEART!

Professor Obvious

Osteen may be the creepiest and most disingenuous looking TV telehuckster since Tammy Faye. I feel sorry for the uneducated hicks whose donations pay for his Boeing Business Jet and 140 foot Feadship Yacht.

Vee

I wonder how much money Murray's PR Firm had to pay Joel Olsteen for that visit?