Murray's Visit to Osteen Church Not for PR

5/10/2010 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's right-hand man tells TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray was indeed invited to come to Osteen's church yesterday "to pray and worship," and met with Osteen privately before the service.

Dr. Conrad Murray
TMZ first reported Osteen invited Murray to the service.  Someone from Osteen's media relations department told us it was a PR stunt, but the guy who runs the PR department says that's not true.

Donald Iloff, Jr., the Chief of Strategic Operations for Osteen (and Osteen's brother-in-law), tells TMZ, "Dr. Murray did call the church to speak with Osteen a while back but Osteen was not available.  Osteen's rep then invited Dr. Murray to yesterday's service."  So, Dr. Murray truly was invited.

Iloff says Murray met privately with Joel and Victoria before the service.  We do not know what they talked about.

After the meeting, Iloff says Dr. Murray attended the service.  "He was really engaged in the worship service," Iloff says.

kim

As always Phantom, you know how to bring out the good videos. thank you.

RIP MJ. you are truly missed and will never be forgotten

thinkaboutit

Maria,
You are right on, used to be free to request prayer but nowadays the churches ask(beg)for a seed payment. I requested prayer from Osteens church and was told I needed to sew a $1000.00 seed of faith.

Cathy

Posted at 7:12 PM on May 10, 2010 by thinkaboutit
**********************************************************

Nice. If I may be so bold might I suggest you request prayer from the Catholic church? For sure, they've had their share of troubles, but all you have to do to receive some heartfelt prayers is ask - and maybe contribute a dollar or two to light a candle. Special intentions at a Mass only require about a $10 donation.

oioi

Hello,

M

How are you doing? Hope you are alright.

Last week, I bought Many items.

it is very cheap and I get it in 5 days. The quality is very good.

The site also sell Sneakers, handbag, purse, jeans, sunglass, hat and so on.

I never forget to share good things with friends.

So,if you are interested in it, you can have a look.

I think you will get some surprise.

This is their : www.newgoing.com

Daphne

Posted at 7:12 PM on May 10, 2010 by thinkaboutit
**********************************************************

Posted at 7:41 PM on May 10, 2010 by Cathy

LOL Wow, $1000. Donations should be a voluntary thing. Comes from the heart. I belong to the CWL & I go to the little chapel every week, do it for free. Its what I get in return - peace, comfort, spiritual guidance. Missing Michael.

Cathy

dustin - you're extremely judgmental, especially when it's clearer than clear that you don't have all the facts. I can tell from the tenor of your post that you haven't researched Michael's case with any intelligence at all. I still respect people who think he might be guilty, but not those who phrase it in the (well, if I may be frank) ignorant way you did. All I can say is that I'm sorry for your lack of education. Being so ignorant must be a lonely thing. I don't say that because I disagree with your stance, but because you seem so simple.

fan

Pious Americans heal the preacher's bank account.
God (MJ) & kind, loving celebrities who share beds to kids
are proud of you.

janicebyrne

For something not supposed to be a publicity stunt, he's certainly getting plenty publicity. It'll take more than prayer from this hypocrite to save his hide. He's a killer and he's finished. Bye bye Conny... Hope you like prison food and your nice cell-mates.

Cher

Mourning becomes Electra...
Dr. Murder meets Smilin' Joel? Now I've seen everything. Maybe if we had read about this a week or 2 after it happened--maybe I'd be inclined to believe it was legit, but since we're hearing about it right away--in 2 back to back stories? Ch'mon! In this story the Head of Osteen's PR tells us Murray WAS invited and gives us a blow by blow on his visit there...and we're not supposed to believe it's a stunt?
Tell you what, I'm a Christian and what I know about Osteen is largely due to the fact that he's a TELEVANGELIST or TV PASTOR broadcasting from a huge church. He's also written a best-selling book so he's no shrinking violet when it comes to media--he seems to be all about the show, IMO. I'm not judging him, if anything, I think he and his people made a huge error when they decided to insert themselves into this tragedy. If all they wanted to do is help Murray get to the place where he understands he was wrong and admit that fault to the world and the family, that's one thing but for them to help him exploit the experience of throwing yourself on the mercy of God in a time of trouble is downright disgusting!
Someone posted that they were asked for a $1,000 seed to receive a prayer from Joel which is ludicrous and of course there were other posts denouncing Christian churches for this reason. Please guys, don't revert to type and throw every church into the same boat with this one. Not every church has a "for sale" sign on their altars--the bible does NOT teach this, if anything it considers it ABOMINABLE...read Jesus throwing the merchants out of the temple....
Thing is, I'd be willing to bet anything that Murray's team has planted a sizeable "SEED" with Osteen's organization for him to get on board like this...DISGUSTING!!!
Just so you know, finding a REAL church is like finding a talent agent--if they ask you for money in exchange for what they can do for you, THEY ARE FAKE!!!! Don't know about you, but the only thing I give my church is tithes and offering as worship to God, NOT man. And this is my reasonable service, something I do of my own FREE WILL, not something I do because the Church "Police" demanded it.
Bottom line, the best thing for Osteen to do is pray that both he and Murray overcome their greed for money and the spotlight. My MICHAEL has been murdered and Murray is one of a group of conspirators who did it. And none of the visiting of gravesites, appealing to supporters on Youtube and having a PR moment at church can change that...
BTW--I hope our front line team in LA is ready for June 14--PRELIM HEARING FOR MURRAY. Please keep us posted on any details on how we can help you. We don't want Dr. Murder's FAKE FOLLOWERS to ruin your show for Michael...
Also, to REAL MICHAEL FANS:
PLEASE AVOID THE BOARDS ON KLEIN AND PFEIFFER!! These gay allegations are just a ruse to distract you and make you waste your time arguing with a bunch of lunatics who are twisted and have no clue who Michael is. The only reason there are so many stories on Klein and his lover is because we keep falling for their crap. We all know Michael was straight so let's transition to the next moment here--nailing his murderers and putting them where they belong--IN PRISON...and that includes the Executors and their FAKE WILL.
Next time either of the "FLABBULOUS DUO" shows up in a story, scroll past it...eventually TMZ will get the point......
No Peace till Justice!
MICHAEL--IL.O.V.E.U4EVER and MISS-U-SO-MUCH!!!!

allforlove

dustin,
do you ever think before saying something? Like maybe using your brains first? It seems like you have just judged and condemned Michael for something he DID NOT DO!!! Granted he had his faults, but no one is perfect. If you can say things like that without knowing the truth, I think my children and even your own children would sleep better with YOU, YOURSELF rotting in hell.

allforlove

137. 135. I requested prayer from Osteens church and was told I needed to sew a $1000.00 seed of faith.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/dr-conrad-murray-visit-joel-osteen-church-houston-pray-michael-jackson/10/#comments#ixzz0ncBoElBj

THAT DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT. PRAYERS ARE FREE. I WATCH OSTEEN, I NEVER KNEW HE CHARGED FOR PRAYERS. SAVING SOULS (praying for others), IS WHAT HE WAS CALLED TO DO. THERE SHOULD BE NO CHARGE FOR THAT BECAUSE JESUS HAS ALREADY PAID THE PRICE. I'M SORRY THAT MUST HAVE LEFT A BAD TASTE IN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT CHRISTIANS. YOU CAN LEAVE A TITHE OR OFFERRING OF WHAT YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO, BUT NEVER SHOULD THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR PRAYERS. AND LET ALONE A SECIFIC AMOUNT!! THAT BOTHERS ME AND I ALMOST FEEL LIKE WRITING TO JOEL OSTEEN SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THIS.

SashaPanda

Oh Shutup Murray! Whatever! Why Would A Religious Man Lie? And Secondly, You Suck! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Paulette

Cathy

I believe you are the one who is judgmental on here...every time someone doesn't agree with you and your opinions you respond back back with your ignorant your judgmental or you have been a fan longer...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
Now your preaching about going to a catholic church...lol I think it is time you do some research on the catholic church..you would then realize that a good portion of those "donations" you are giving to the church are going to pay for attorneys that are defending them MOLESTING PRIESTS...so you keep donating at that church of yours for that "special cause"...anyone who molests children are disgusting but a PRIEST..sorry but that is the lowest form of life!!!
Do not tell me to do research on that either..trust me I know about the catholic church!!!

janicebyrne

Not for PR??? Yeah right..... it was TOTALLY for PR. Conny needs more than the power of prayer to help him. He's a killer and he must pay for his crime.