Joel Osteen -- Dr. Murray Invited Himself

5/10/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's people are ticked ... saying they didn't invite Dr. Conrad Murray to Osteen's service yesterday -- Dr. Murray invited himself.

Joel Osteen
According to sources connected with Dr. Murray ... TMZ first reported Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray and even gave him a secret code to enter Osteen's Houston church.

But Osteen's rep tells TMZ they were approached by Dr. Murray's people who said the doctor was in need of prayer and Osteen agreed to pray with him.

One of Osteen's reps griped to TMZ, "It seems like this was more of a PR move than seeking actual prayer."

UPDATE: A rep for Murray says the good doctor attended the service "at his own free will." Murray, in a statement to TMZ, said, "I was grateful for the blessings, prayer and words of encouragement I felt during services.  It was a spiritual moment for me, personally ... I sincerely express my thanks and gratitude and will continue to remain strong in my faith."

REALUSION

Doesn't this sorta say, MJ is dead....?? Sorry beLIEvers. You cant yell, justice for MJ, hang DR MURRAY, and then turn around and say MJ is still alive. Doesnt work that way, unless of course your mental.
If MJ is still alive, Dr. Murray could be one of the greatest people on earth, and playing a "role" with perfection. Complete with a media blitz on a "prayer" meeting.

HumanNature

33. 5... ONLY A GUILTY CONCISOUS WOULD SEEK PRAYER!!!!

That's a new interpretation of Christian religious practices. Thanks for a laugh.

Posted at 8:04 AM on May 10, 2010 by NeverMind

When does this become a new intertpretation of Christian religious practices????

We are ALL SINNERS which we inherit sin from Adam and Eve!!!!!

Are we suppose to seek prayer ONLY when we do good and follow GOD's COMMANDENTS??????

Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15

There's nothing funny when we ALL stumble and seek out FORGIVENESS FROM GOD!!!!!

hm

This Dr. Murray is getting really desperate. I do not trust nor believe anything this man says.
Dr. Murray will lie and use a religious man, Joel Osteen, for his own gains. Every time his court date is near, he pulls some kind of stunt, like visting Michael's Mausoleum back in April. So, this is just another attempt by the good old doc to make himself look good.

Justice4Michael

HumanNature

MiMi

Thank You!!!

How did you post the video!!!!

Could you please provide me instruction on how to post a link in TMZ!!!!

Best Mom

MURRAY IS CUNNING AND DECEITFUL! No one can fool God and the Truth!

Miss MJ

To comment #2, Janicebyrne....I take the whole Michael Jackson death/Dr. Murray guilt thing VERY seriously, admitedly probably too seriously - (I just want justice for MJ).....so I just wanted to thank you for your comment about Joel's prayer for dental work.....it made me LAUGH OUT LOUD...I actually went back and looked at those teeth after reading it and LAUGHED EVEN HARDER!!! Thanks for lightening up my Michael Jackson moment....MJ's life story and ultimate death is torturously sad for me and I needed a lighter moment. Thanks!

Bea

Who is Murray trying to fool? Us or God, or both? He murders somebody and then go to CHURCH? When you murder somebody you normally go to JAIL! But I suppose everybody are welcome in God's house, even murderers. Joel Osteen must be very pleased with getting this new "child of God"! Poor man, what could he do there and then? Throw him out? He did the right thing, waited to see if it came out or not (did Murray let the media know that he was going there?), and when the story was out he did his statement/damagecontrol.

Jay

ONLY GOD WILL PASS JUDGMENT ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Joel Osteen. U people are such idiots when it come to some of the comments.

nan

who is making statements on behalf on murray.he can afford a press agent?

myself

It's good you've seen it for yourself that you ain't even worth it, that's why you need a substitute don't you. hahaha

Better not have a voice and be so open-mouthed like you, with such a closed mind.

Hate will never be CONSTRUCTIVE, in case you didn't know you are part of that other side.

So full of hate, coz you hate YOURSELF so much.

Grump

54. ONLY GOD WILL PASS JUDGMENT ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 8:52 AM on May 10, 2010 by Jay

okay and..

ONLY GOD CAN TAKE ONE'S LIFE!!!!!!!!!

trixR4kids

he needs to pray alone

Trish

MJ would've "overdosed" one way or the other. Dr. Murray was giving MJ what he wanted and a little prayer never hurt anybody. MJ was a poor excuse of a father. He chose drugs over his kids. He chose Jesus juice over his young male preys. Sick twisted human being.

MiMi

50. MiMi

Thank You!!!

How did you post the video!!!!

Could you please provide me instruction on how to post a link in TMZ!!!!

Posted at 8:46 AM on May 10, 2010 by HumanNature

----------------------------------------------

I'll try.

goes at the end of the link

then add the link a second time

this goes at the end of the second link