« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LPGA Golfer Found Dead in Nevada

5/10/2010 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0510_erica_blasberg_BN_225-year-old LPGA golfer Erica Blasberg was found dead at her home in Nevada, this according to local police.

According to law enforcement sources, the cause of death has not yet been determined -- but officials are currently conducting a "death investigation."

Blasberg was named Golfweek's 2003 College Player of the Year after finishing the season No. 1 in the rankings.

Blasberg's agent Chase Callahan released the following statement:

"We are devastated to learn of the passing of Erica Blasberg. To most of the world, Erica was known as a professional golfer, but she was more than that. She was a loving daughter to her parents and a compassionate and loyal friend. Erica had a good heart, was extremely kind and very thankful for what she had in her life."

Callahan continues, "She lived out her dream of playing professional golf on the highest level on the LPGA Tour, allowing her to help inspire others. We are proud of Erica for everything she accomplished. This is a painful loss, we feel it in our hearts and we will miss her. Erica would want those close to her to celebrate the life she lived. We ask that you keep Erica and her family in your prayers."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

vegas

sad

dd

I think she was a diabetic.

DW Wood

Truly Sad when the world loses anyone so young. R.I.P.

jv

Xav - where did you hear it was suicide?

leisa

****, I am very serious when I ask these questions. Do you have any friends? Are you lonely? Do you have aqny mental problems? Why would you write anything so awful? Does this cause you happiness. As I lay in bed during my sickness I wonder if you are even allowed out by yourself. A young person who you have never heard of before passes away and all yu can come up with is what you wrote. Are you young, under the age of 12? I am very serious as I just do not understand the need for post like yours.

hmmm

Very sad. Some of the comments on here are weird

kacey

Gawwwwddd....some people's comments on here are horribly insensitive. Until a coroner's report is released to the public, you little miscreants making pot-shot remarks over a dead person (regardless of whether she was a pro-golfer or a g0ddamn housewife)speak volumes about how daft you really are.

Andy

some people are ****ing mental ill. how can you write something like that about someone's death. go to hell you ****ing sickoooo

Pro

you people should be ashamed.............trying to find something wrong out of a death.

bunnytooth

I just lost my sister recently to cancer. Some of these posts are really not appropriate when there is a death - any death for that matter. Surely all of these people who are making jokes about a death, need to stop and think of JUST ONE person whom they have loved who has died and think again how awful they would feel if that person's death was joked upon. I'll bet not ONE of you can say you have never lost someone close to you. So, it is hard to loose those we love and have some respect for the dead.

friend

this is so sad. i will miss my childhood friend

stef

seriously, knock off the **** comments that degrade her, jesus, let's get the facts!

janalal4

31. Very sad. I looked up her record, she has only played 1 tournament this year, and won a grand total of $5,000. Last year, she won $26,000. Very hard to maintain a 'pro' career at those levels - the travel alone costs more than that.

Posted at 7:29 PM on May 10, 2010 by Observer999

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/lpa-golfer-found-dead-in-las-vegas-erica-blasberg/3/#comments#ixzz0naXlFwy9

Uh.......and your point is...what?? She's dead. Did you read that part of the story?

Other sites are reporting suicide pending investigation. Her own father is saying suicide but then goes on to say that on 2nd glance "something is just very, very strange". Whatever that means. Pretty ominous sounding.

kickaboo

People are horrible to say such terrible things.

Deepest sympathies to the Blasberg family. Erica left this world far too young and with too much talent. May God comfort your family in this difficult time, there are no words when one loses a child or sibling so young, the family is in my prayers. Rest in peace, Erica.

Laney

I feel nauseous reading some of these comments on here. She was a beautiful person inside and out.

Please have some respect and class.

RIP Erica