'Bruce Leroy' Cleared in Domestic Violence Case

5/12/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played Bruce Leroy in the cult classic "The Last Dragon" is glowing a little brighter this week -- 'cause dude was just cleared in a domestic violence investigation.

0511_leroy_greene_EXD

TMZ has learned Taimak Guarriello was arrested for felony domestic violence on April 25 in San Diego, after cops responded to a call at the alleged victim's home.

Cops tell us the woman claimed Taimak slapped her in the face and injured one of her thumbs. As MediaTakeOut.com first reported, Taimak was arrested and booked in San Diego County Jail.  He bonded out later that day.

Eventually the case was turned over to the San Diego City Attorney's Office, which ultimately reviewed the case and declined to file charges against Taimak.

We contacted Taimak's rep for comment who told us, "Taimak and his fiancée are fine. There was a miscommunication on what went down, and all charges were completely dropped."

Throwback kid

Why did his career go into the crapper! Hollywood typecast him as this black guy who spoke with some kind of asian accent like in the TV show Kung Fu! He was much more than that, he could have been the black Tom Cruise. Congratulations Hollywood for ruining a great career. Whatver happened to his costar Vanity, is she still alive?

Bom411

We here at BOM411 hope everything works out for the best, domestic violence is never acceptible...

Do you know what BOM means? Boss of Me! Whether just kickin it, just friends, just figuring out how you feel, if you’re in like or deep in love things can get complicated. Everyone has the right to make their own choices.

Dial Down your Drama, Let us know what’s going with on!

Check us out at http://www.bom411.com

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

@throwback, yes she is still alive. She is an Evangelist.

LK116

Did anyone else hear that they only met 2 months ago?? if he's alreacy actin up after a month, it's time to move on baby girl..

Free

How the hell and I love Taimak,but how the hell do you miscommnicate my bf is beating my ass.And now thier together and happy again wtf this is really strange. Im gonna stay tuned

April Craig

I love this man and the LAST DRAGON since I was a kids. Everyone has a bad side guess he was pushed too the edge.

AmericanGirl

Yeah LK116 he met her like 2 months or so ago, now they're engaged. I heard him mentioning he wanted to get married but I think he's kinda weird now. From what I've heard people say that know him, he gets engaged quite frequently and he's 45 and chases really young girls. If he's jumpin on her now, she needs to bounce miscommunication my foot.

Lizzie

Wow, i am sooooooooo disappointed in Taimak. There is no excuse for hitting your spouse. I thought that he was a talented individual that stayed out of the limelight. What gets me is that he says that "there was a miscommunication". I don't buy that. His fiance is an idiot to stay with him. What is the world coming to?

haitian girl

i still can't believe Taimak slapped his fiance, he has an innocent face, he doesn't look he can hurt a fly.

black lee

bitches make a ***** go krazy. like the klan said, keep it white.

miss new york

His fiance Gazzy is a martial art expert, she's a 7th degree black belt just like Taimak. she thinks she's brave enough to mess with Taimak, she thinks she's Zena or Wonder woman, probabily slapped him first, then he slapped the **** out of her. her enjured thumb due to the fact that she was blocking him. Taimak is a strong man, gazzy is very petite, Taimak would break her in half.

Denise

I know for a fact that he did not do this! She lied through her teeth! Men need to be aware that women aren't ALL sweet and innocent. In fact, few are nowadays. Take time to REALLY get to know a person before getting involved. I'm sure Taimak has learned a valuable lesson. I hear that he is an incredible person who did not deserve any bad publicity. He has been cleared of the charges because the investigator found NOTHING to prove his guilt. She made it up! Taimak is probably embarrassed by it all. I'm sure I would be, too..Let's not judge, okay?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2