Miley Cyrus -- So You Think You Can Lap Dance?

5/12/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus felt more than the beat last summer as she got downright nasty on the dance floor with a slightly older gentleman during a wrap party for a movie ... and TMZ has obtained the video.
Miley -- who was 16 at the time -- was dancing with 44-year-old Adam Shankman during a wrap party last summer in Georgia for the movie, "The Last Song."  Shankman, who is openly gay, produced the movie as well as "Hairspray" and other flicks and is a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance?"

The people who shot the video say they were offended by the dirty dancing -- which included a graphic lap dance.

We're told Miley's parents were not at the wrap party.  Miley's reps had no comment.

Check out the full story on TMZ TV tonight.

1944 COMMENTS

zombie_hands

At 16 where did she learn moves like that. She's not as pure as she wants people to think.

JennR

If she was dancing with someone her age it wouldn't be that bad but with a 44 year old man....WTF! Just because he isn't straight doesn't mean its okay.

w

This was so leaked for her benefit people come on!, she has a new video out that the media are calling "too risky", shes totally behind this and y'all are falling for it, Im glad I dont let my daughter watch or listen to this wreck, hopefully Selena Gomez who I do let my daughter listen to and watch will not turn into this mess.

silkni

get over it people.

Delmar

Teenage girls are very young women more than children. That's why in many cultures in the world they are considered women and the average age of consent in the world is 16 years old. Noah Cyrus at 10 years old is a child. Miley Cyrus, Taylor Momsen, Dakota Fanning, Ali Lohan are young woman that are going to explore their sexuality. We need to acknowledge this and stop pretending that it isn't natural biology to show interest in or engage in sex sometime in the early to mid teens. This is more "dirty dancing" than "lap dancing" IMO. I think the guy should not have engaged Miley, but if Miley danced like this with someone close to her own age, i think it's pretty normal.

Paradox

I will agree, I'm in my mid 20's and at our High School dances it was almost like have sex on the dance floor, not to mention all the times at parties when we were 16 and 17.... Times are changing, and those in Hollywood normally see it before the rest of us do. Honestly most girls who would be doing that would have been wearing less.

matty boyyyy

You lame white bastards at TMZ - this is not a lap dance. This is not even dirty dancing. This is normal, dancing. I don't care what any of you elderly gentlemen and soccer moms reading this at work think. This is what kids do. Yes, your child will dance like this at a party. I don't understand what the outrage is about. This is DANCING.

The build them up break them down mentality is a bit sick when you're dealing with a 16 year old. TMZ knows this video is NOTHING, but they also know uppity dopes will read this and get outraged and perhaps, a big news organization will pick it up. That's the entire intent of this video.

TMZ - I think your standards dropped a bit on this video. Actually, they dropped a lot. This is down in that same dumpster as shooting people at rehab. Secret video of a 16 year old teen celebrity dancing at a party? Really?

linda

she is a nasty ho I have been saying it for a long time and some people jumping down my throat for it......well here is the proof I wish she would hurry up and go away...

LongJohn69

Too late for her already. She's a full blown s_ut who, I'm sure, fully blows.

kinga

Miley Cyrus acting like she was born in Metairie or New Orleans thats how 90 percent of 15 to 16 year olds act there?

K

I never danced that way at her age, come on, can she not know already that it's not ok to rub up against a guys crotch? it's not "just" dancing, who talked to her about the birds and the bee's??. It's kind of sick that just because all the music video's out there have this kind of dancing that the kids out there think this is "just dancing" no wonder kids lose their virginity so early, it is the kind of dancing kids just shouldn't do till they are old enough if that is what they chose to do, it's sending the wrong message to the guy, she's lucky he is gay and didn't take it to the next level (that is if in fact he is gay!)it is wrong and i'm betting people felt awkward seeing this at the party, she needs a good talking to from her parents and from the looks of some comments so do the kids out there, the stuff they see on tv makes them think it's all innocent but it's not, not unless you are a professional dancer but that's a whole other story lol. I would not be surprised if she lost her virginity long ago, way to go mum and dad.

dd

ADAM IS GAY! still not cool Adam you're still an adult male!

heather

i am offended by this dance but instead of turning around or going to another part of the party im going to whip out my video camera and record it so i can be offended by it years to come...God forbid someone have fun, cause prolly 8/10 ppl in here were dancing like that when they were 16

littlestich

I know people are saying "this is normal", "it happens everywhere". None of these people can be parents - because as parents it is our JOB, our DUTY, and our RIGHT to teach our children self-respect, self-control, and consequences for their actions. She is a minor - she is by law under the care of her parents. Grinding on 44-year-old men does not promote ANYTHING positive in her life. To tell her this behavior is ok - is ridiculous.

I am NOT a prude - but save this stuff for a person you at least care about - who's age appropriate... I talk to my kids about sex - we even joke about it - I am not unaware of what goes on. But, I want my daughters to feel loved, respected, and safe. I guarantee that's not going to happen grinding on men three times her age, while unsupervised at a party. Reign her in!

littlestich

Grinding at prom with your age appropriate date, well, fine, I guess. I'll have a stroke when my kids do it - but I'll deal.

BUT if I see my 16-year-old grinding on a 44-year-old men's genitals - in front of CHILDREN on top of it...well, they better be able run faster than I can. If her parents don't kick some butt after this - they are pathetic. Be careful when your kid becomes the bread-winner, and your're no longer the boss. Until she's 18 - the parents should have the control. And after 18 - well, if you've raised them with self-respect, boundaries and solid morals...and they should be fine with their new found freedom.

Disney can't keep pushing her in kids' faces when this kind of stuff keeps coming out. I took my girls to her concert a few years ago, and thankfully since she has turned into nothing short of a pole-dancing, lap-dancing skank - my girls have lost interest. My wallet is closed to the Miley / Hannah industry - my kids are under 18...so, my word is final.