Miley's Dad on Lap Dance Video: 'Just Fun'

5/13/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus is blowing off the controversy over his  then 16-year-old daughter Miley Cyrus grinding on a 44-year-old man -- saying, "It's what people her age do."

We spoke to Billy moments ago about the video that TMZ first posted yesterday -- Miley dirty dancing with Adam Shankman during the wrap party for her movie "The Last Song."

In our poll, an overwhelming majority said the dance was inappropriate ... and 40 percent of readers blamed Miley's parents -- who were not there when the dancing deed was done.

Papa Billy says Miley was just "having fun."

Verna

I guess she has been taught how to get work in Hollywood. I guess casting couches are back in style these days, but it is not done behind closed doors anymore. She and her parents should be ashamed of this. What a great message to send out to teenage girls these days. I sure hope that anyone will impresionable young girls do not let them think she is a good role model. DISCUSTING....

Rob

Maybe he finds it "just fun" because he secretly gets off on his whore daughter being a 17yo douche bag slut with a 70yo smokers voice.

-_mia

HA and then he be complaining about people talking sh** about his daughter!!!!

Lizzy7

Yeah, okay Billy Ray. Having sex is "what kids do" too. The rate your trashy daughter is going, you'll be a grandfather before you know it. I'm sure "that" won't be a problem either, right?

MDF

Billy's comment doesn't surprise me. The whole family is just "white trash with money".

-_mia

Haha ima b laughing when her stupid a** gets preggers by the 44 yearold man XD Damn then who is he gunna try to blame!

maryb.

There are some people who simply should never have children as they are completely devoid of ethics and have substandard life values. Miley Cyrus will be the next Lohan....Disney needs to pull all of her contracts immediately.

Taty

OMG give she a rest please. Don't be ridiculous, she's 17 and she's having fun. Go to a dance club and see everybody just like her dancing. When she give one of Paris Hilton you can judge her.
what changes that is that miley is a public person. If she was a nobody don't even change the life of anyone. If is right or not, it's her problem. I don't belive that people can give a comment on her life like this.

david

RIDE THAT MILK TRAIN BILLY RAY. DADDY NEEDS NEW TIRES FOR THE HOUSE. BABY GIRL CAN DO NO WRONG. I SEE A DOUBLE WIDE IN THEIR FUTURE.

APRIL

if she was born in 1992 doesn't that make her 18 not 16 years old, um when I was 18 I was doing worse things than that trust me. It's easy for everyone to sit back and past judgement on everyone without thinking for a moment about themselves.

APRIL

um, she was born in 1992, doesn't that make her 18 not 16? seriously when I was 18 I was living on my own supportin myself. I think Adam is the one who should be under the microscope for this one folks!

Tony

I will reserve my opinion until Nov. of this year, at that time she will be 18 thank you

Bug

Billy Ray, that was not "just fun", that was seduction. Shame on you and Mylie, no more respect for you. I would have no respect for anyone who does that but less for someone who has made about a billion on her "innocense"...innocense, right.

WHAT A SLUT AND SHANKMAN SUX TOO.

wifey2larry

GROSS!

c

Puh-lease. People are so stupid. She's 16 and did something dumb. There's not one person on this board who didn't do some absolutely stupid things when they were 16. We were all just lucky enough not to have a camera in our face when we did it. So if her parents are bad then so are yours.