Miley's Dad on Lap Dance Video: 'Just Fun'

5/13/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus is blowing off the controversy over his  then 16-year-old daughter Miley Cyrus grinding on a 44-year-old man -- saying, "It's what people her age do."

We spoke to Billy moments ago about the video that TMZ first posted yesterday -- Miley dirty dancing with Adam Shankman during the wrap party for her movie "The Last Song."

In our poll, an overwhelming majority said the dance was inappropriate ... and 40 percent of readers blamed Miley's parents -- who were not there when the dancing deed was done.

Papa Billy says Miley was just "having fun."

John

Bill Ray, you're disgusting. You've just taken liberal parenting to a new low.

Ginger

That man should be ashamed of himself. I am pretty sure that this is an illegal act on a minor

LizALicious

I'm sorry, but that's not what kids "her age" do, that's what sluts do. I see Billy Ray's musical career was just as bad as his parenting.

ylg

Time for Child Protective Services. TMZ please turn that tape over to them, with response from father that it is okay. This CHILD needs protection and supervision.

S.T.F.

I think it is fine for her to be dancing and having fun. She should be aware that she is only 16 and should not act like jail bait for older men. The way she was grinding on him was inappropriate for someone her age. If the dude was legal then in wouldn't be a problem but I think as a general rule if you are not allowed to leagally sleep with someone maybe you shouldn't be grinding all over them on a dance floor.. overall this video was super creepy and wrong imo

Dee

It seems there is nothing Miley does wrong in her parents eyes. I wonder if the comments they express in public are their true feelings. Maybe behind closed doors they tell her something different. I hope so. They have at least one younger child. Makes you wonder how that one's gonna' turn out. Yikes. I agree with another poster, Miley is a brat.

Chris

Just fun? So is smoking pot and getting plastered...
And sorry guy, but it's NOT what "kids her age" do. It's what lap dancers and strippers do.

Wolf

Billy Ray 'Achy Breaky Heart' Miley 's itchy twitchy ****............

Lynn T

It would be one thing if she were 18. It is quite another being 16. Time for a sit-down with the child. If Billy thinks this is OK behavior for a 16 yr old...well, good luck with that attitude. Some parents just have to learn the hard way. Yoou are doing your children no favors when you condone such behavior. Just having fun my eye!

who farted

I wonder if he got a boner? BTW, Billy Rae has a son by another woman that he had an affair with that's Miley's age.

Moe Greene

Billy Ray has been pimping out his daughter for years. This news should come as no surprise to anyone.

LaToya Jackson

Miley has the WORST parents ever!!! Death watch 20 10

Lynn T

63. If I was 16 doing that first off my father would have killed that 44 year old MAN and then kicked MY ass!!

Posted at 12:51 PM on May 13, 2010 by Cheryl O

Mine, too. I would have never even entertained the thought, though, as I was raised to respect myself.

6one9

This video was shot at the `` rap ``` party over a year ago. They were having `` fun!! Ya Miley was dancing provocatively, but it's not like they were engaging and getting all ``hot `` for one another. I have a teenage daughter who's been trained ``` in dance ``` for over 10 yrs. You don't think I know ``` she gets ```` her freak on ```` when at parties, dances, etc. YOU bet she does. Am I a BAD parent?? HELL to the NO!!! ~~ So unless you live ``` in Miley's house and in her everyday life `````` Don't blame her parents. She's a teenager `` with teenage hormones!! Get over it already!!

Brute Reynolds

It's understandable.Billy Ray's first girlfriend went weee-weee-weee all the way home.