Tiger's Wife Hired Lawyer Months Ago

5/13/2010 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Elin Nordegren hired a lawyer to help her with her divorce from Tiger Woods less than a month and a half after Tiger's infamous car accident.

tiger woods and elin nordegren

TMZ broke the story Elin hired attorney Walter H. White, Jr., who practices in London.  In an email to his staff dated January 12, 2010, White wrote, "I am writing to advise you that we have been asked by Ms. Nordegren to assist her in better understanding her legal circumstances."  White goes on:  "The firm has assigned a dedicated team to work closely and confidentially with Elin and Josefin in order to fulfill this mandate."

As we first reported, lawyers for both sides are trying to agree on a property settlement and custody agreement before filing divorce papers.

please

Why London? Why not get someone from the US who is politically connected which is by far the most important quality of an attorney.

A good powerful attorney in London may not necessarily be one in the US and vice versa.

tigersucks

I hope she takes the mo'fo for all he has. Men like him need to learn a lesson and since he has no morals or feelings hit him where it hurts....in his wallet!

pat m

Finally.......something good happens.

Hugh Jass

To Valerie (presently #5 above):
He means a legal team will work closely with Josephin, her sister, as Josephin also works there in his law firm.

What is disconcerting is that these now published internal e-mails were no doubt attorney-work-product-priviliged and part of Elin's attorney-client-privileged stuff over on that side of The Pond,eh wot, and so mewonders why Harvey "YO SOY ABOGADO!" Levin is allowing leaked attorney-work-product-privileged stuff invading her privacy to be published on TMZ.

SJB

That photo isn't the best but she is very attractive.

As for the person who commented on a 'pale' hiring a 'black lawyer' - I'm sure you're trying to be insulting and racist but you only succeeded in reminding me of her beautiful fair coloring and cute Swedish accent. Thanks for the mental image.

Tiger is a walking STD. She can do better.

p

Dear Tiger,

Say good bye to your career and money!

Dear Elin,

Take it all and don't stop until he feels your pain.

Carmen

I think that this divorce has been in the works for some time now. It seems to me that Elin agreed to put the divorce on hold for a while and that Tiger had hoped Elin would change her mind but she has not. It seems that during this time the attorneys for Elin have been working out all the details for the divorce. I also think that Elin has been in favor of sharing the children’s custody with Tiger and that she and the children will be living in Sweden most of the time, after all, Sweden is Elin’s country and it is there where they have the love and support of family and friends. Tiger has the resources to visit the children anywhere they live. I wish Elin and her precious children all the best!

Rico Suavy

May an infected Camel invade her sisters bedroom

What the?

He hit on me too. And silly me, I had no idea who that cute little negro was.

What the?

He hit on me too. And silly me, I had no idea who that cute little negro was

juniper

elin 'knew' all along she is nothing more than an accomplice to her own hardships.

tomakebeats.com

Why is tiger in a relations when all these women are throwing themselves at him. I dont get it.

Big Mamma Cornbread

NOW HE CAN GO FU** RACHEL U CANTELLSHEAHO AND ALL OF THE OTHER WHITE TRASH HE CAN FIND....ELIN IS TAKIN THAT CASH TO THE QUEEN

billyrubin

shoulda used PrivateBryan

PolarBear Is Retarded

Ok PolarBear, you always comment that it's not about race. Read through these freakin comments and then tell me that it's not about race you idiot! Nike is not going anywhere you fool!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments